If Ben Roethlisberger wins his 3rd SB, where's his place amongst the all-time greats?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Why Terry Bradshaw? Aside from the fact that they both are Steelers, Ben is the better QB....
Agreed.  Terry does not get along with Ben anymore and even he would admit Ben is a much better QB than he ever was.

Although I don't agree with comparing generations, Terry's highest TD total from 1 year is 28, best completion % is 57.7, and yards passing is 3,724.  And these are all spread out from different seasons.  Ben's lowest completion % is still higher than Terry's best.    

What about Aikman...if he wins the 3rd i kinda see them in the same light... Ben prolly has the edge on him when he ends his career huh

What about Aikman...if he wins the 3rd i kinda see them in the same light... Ben prolly has the edge on him when he ends his career huh

Why Terry Bradshaw? Aside from the fact that they both are Steelers, Ben is the better QB....
Terry won 4 rings and he's not mentioned under the same breath as Montana. Most people would take Brady and Manning over Ben without thinking even if Ben gets his 3rd ring.

Terry won 4 rings and he's not mentioned under the same breath as Montana. Most people would take Brady and Manning over Ben without thinking even if Ben gets his 3rd ring.

A good/solid QB, but to me he'll always overrated because of his collection of SB rings just like Brady.

A good/solid QB, but to me he'll always overrated because of his collection of SB rings just like Brady.

Ben is rated where he should be IMO. The Steelers D has been the best in the league for years so he hasnt had to carry them like other QB's. Ben is clutch and probaby the toughest QB in the league but he's not there with Peyton and Brady.

Ben is rated where he should be IMO. The Steelers D has been the best in the league for years so he hasnt had to carry them like other QB's. Ben is clutch and probaby the toughest QB in the league but he's not there with Peyton and Brady.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

After you get past Terry's rings, he wasn't that good of a QB.  Ben on the other-hand, is a VERY good QB....

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

After you get past Terry's rings, he wasn't that good of a QB.  Ben on the other-hand, is a VERY good QB....

Originally Posted by Deuce King

*bat phone goes off*

yeah winning % isn't important for a QB....to be considered an all time great QB, you need monster stats and that's it. a QB's only job is to throw the ball and put up big yardage and TD numbers, whether he wins consistently or not isn't important.

yes...sarcasm

*bat phone goes off*

yeah winning % isn't important for a QB....to be considered an all time great QB, you need monster stats and that's it. a QB's only job is to throw the ball and put up big yardage and TD numbers, whether he wins consistently or not isn't important.

yes...sarcasm

I don't get this...explain. 

I don't get this...explain. 

Ben Roethlisberger is not the reason that the Steelers may win their third Superbowl while Ben has been the QB. He is a good QB, dont get me wrong. But he will not go down as one of the greats of this era. His defense has won him the rings.

He can win his 3rd ring this year, and he still is out of the top 30, 40 or maybe even more than that. Its nice that he will have won 3 rings, but winning rings is not the end all when talking about INDIVIDUAL greatness. This isnt the NBA.

Ben Roethlisberger is not the reason that the Steelers may win their third Superbowl while Ben has been the QB. He is a good QB, dont get me wrong. But he will not go down as one of the greats of this era. His defense has won him the rings.

He can win his 3rd ring this year, and he still is out of the top 30, 40 or maybe even more than that. Its nice that he will have won 3 rings, but winning rings is not the end all when talking about INDIVIDUAL greatness. This isnt the NBA.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Same thing I was thinking.  Exceptional QB's with an extremely solid supporting cast on all sides/aspects of the game, limited mistakes and did what was expected of them to win.  But, overshadowed by the QB's who put up gaudy #'s (Favre, Bledsoe etc).

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Same thing I was thinking.  Exceptional QB's with an extremely solid supporting cast on all sides/aspects of the game, limited mistakes and did what was expected of them to win.  But, overshadowed by the QB's who put up gaudy #'s (Favre, Bledsoe etc).

He won XLIII...

And Bradshaws numbers were skewed negatively because the majority of his career was before the 78 rule changes and career wise his first few years were so bad they pulled the career numbers down disproportionately. Terry is another that has been called overrated so much that he is now underrated

He won XLIII...

And Bradshaws numbers were skewed negatively because the majority of his career was before the 78 rule changes and career wise his first few years were so bad they pulled the career numbers down disproportionately. Terry is another that has been called overrated so much that he is now underrated

Back
Top Bottom