If God doesn't Exist Explain To Me How This Happened By Chance

Ever since I started studying philosophy I've gone from atheist-agnostic to more of a moderate. There were some really good arguments from my last semester that I hadn't heard before, I'll try to find the names and post em up.

Read a book. Agnostic started as a sect of Christianity, it meant 'the knowing' meaning they felt they 'knew' the truth, separate from other religions. I'm a classic agnostic, not the one created in the last ten years, I'm of the same vain as Bertrand Russell or Kant, or, in his strange way , Hume. 'God' is an idea, not an actual being. The term has been perverted to a sort of cop out, in reality, it started as an absolute understanding of the metephysical nature of 'God' as a reaction to the churches physical understanding.

Definition of AGNOSTIC
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
: a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something

Gnostic = knowing
A-gnostic = without knowing

If you believe there is a god but the properties of that god are unknowable that would make you an "Agnostic Theist".... not Agnostic

Agnostic theism is the philosophical view that encompasses both theism and agnosticism. An agnostic theist believes in the existence of at least one deity, but regards the basis of this proposition as unknown or inherently unknowable

christian agnostic = oxymoron

Religions tend to bastardize terms as they propagate.... your assertion is one of those.

A never
Definition of AGNOSTIC
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
: a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something

Gnostic = knowing
A-gnostic = without knowing

If you believe there is a god but the properties of that god are unknowable that would make you an "Agnostic Theist".... not Agnostic
christian agnostic = oxymoron

Religions tend to bastardize terms as they propagate.... your assertion is one of those.[/qoute]

Glad u have a dictionary, no go read some philosophy of those I me roomed such as 'why I'm not a Christian' n get back to me. I do t believe the property of that one dirty is 'knowable' as I said, me and the philosopher I tout in my condescension believe God as more of an idea, not answering whether he actuay exists or not, but noting how we perceive him, how we feel about him. Marx once said 'man created God' and I'm not to sure he is wrong. I understand, this is a forum, literally a place to argue values, but it's hard when people would rather condem than contemplate. Digest what I post, I never said there was an absolute figure in the heavens judging men, but rather 'God' (which I throw in quotes throughout my postings) is more of an ideal. That is why I'm 'agnostic' in the classical sense.

Here's a bit if history, when Christianity was breaking into sects around the time of Constentine and the 'bible' was being decided upon, a group of Christians broke off as the Gnostics, as the years went on they completely disregarded church doctrine and began being called 'agnostic' because they did not know if there was an actual God or if he was just and idea, I've settled on idea, not answering anther here is an actual God, but rather settling in they way in which we as humanity relate to 'God' , as far as him existing idk.

I ain't got no problem with anybody who believes in whatever religion, thats your own belief
but holy hell i can't stand people who try and convert me. If your religion was so great and mighty like you think then you wouldn't have to push your beliefs on me so hard

Converting non believers is actually part of being a Christian. Ol I am my brothers keeper thing.

Just sayin.

I ain't got no problem with anybody who believes in whatever religion, thats your own belief
but holy hell i can't stand people who try and convert me. If your religion was so great and mighty like you think then you wouldn't have to push your beliefs on me so hard

Converting non believers is actually part of being a Christian. Ol I am my brothers keeper thing.

Just sayin.

There's a ton of things that are a part of christianity that people choose to not follow also.

im just saiyan

On lunch but will be brief:

If you examine your own life with this principle, it will hold true. Eg: You pick up a piece of paper with words on it, you will assume that someone arranged the alphabet in a distinct way to compose words to express thought. Thus it having a creator/ designer. Or if you walk by a sculpture of yourself, you will assume someone crafted it. It didn't exist on its own, or it didn't will itself into existence or happen by chance. Since its a sculpture of you, you know its complex design and form was intentional. Each aspect of it was taken into consideration by its creator/ artist that formed it.

196261.jpg
What exactly am I looking at here?

i think i believe in evolution , we obviously came from the gorilla b , im sure one of those gorillas at the zoo would rape my gf son if they had the chance

on the real tho i believe there is life out there bee. and i hope they have some answers , wheres that universal lifeform/planet/plants like mary jane wiki tho.

Just sayin.

True. But some people overdue it. People can't just become Christians over night. It takes time and a relationship to convert someone. Not just knocking on someone's door and telling them that Jesus is coming back and they need to become a Christian. Not knocking Jehovah witnesses. Honestly I wouldn't listen to just a random person telling me I am wrong and they are right about his or her beliefs, but I would maybe give a chance to someone who was my friend and asked me what I believe and then told me what they happen to believe is true..

On lunch but will be brief:

If you examine your own life with this principle, it will hold true. Eg: You pick up a piece of paper with words on it, you will assume that someone arranged the alphabet in a distinct way to compose words to express thought. Thus it having a creator/ designer. Or if you walk by a sculpture of yourself, you will assume someone crafted it. It didn't exist on its own, or it didn't will itself into existence or happen by chance. Since its a sculpture of you, you know its complex design and form was intentional. Each aspect of it was taken into consideration by its creator/ artist that formed it.
Writing, for example, was created and is used exclusively by humans. If you see a piece of paper with writing on it, you know that it has to have come from a human source. 

We can't really say that humans were created because we have no evidence for that. We don't know that humans were created, so it's a leap to assume that their intelligence must come from an intelligent source.  

i think i believe in evolution , we obviously came from the gorilla b , im sure one of those gorillas at the zoo would rape my gf son if they had the chance

on the real tho i believe there is life out there bee. and i hope they have some answers , wheres that universal lifeform/planet/plants like mary jane wiki tho.
We didn't come from gorillas. We are closely related to gorillas. 

Back
Top Bottom