If You Are Looking for/Interested In Working With The Federal Government...Come In. Positions Availa

:nerd:

Edit
Let me go fill out somemore announcements while I'm playing around on NT...

Last edited:
That's pretty ambiguous
laugh.gif
If you were convicted of any crimes, drug usage, drug selling, drug trafficking, foreign travel, foreign contacts, all of the places you have lived for the past 10 years (or back to 18 years old if you are young) , all of the paces you have worked for the past 10 years ( (or back to 18 years old if you are young). For the places you have lived and work they want a reference for each location/job.

I think that sums up everything.

Last edited:
Best tip I can give about USAJOBS is to set up 3-4 detailed job searches that send you an email every time a new job posting is added to the site.

This allowed me to never miss a job posting that I was qualified for. Landed 2 jobs on USAJOBS this way.

That's pretty ambiguous :lol:

If you were convicted of any crimes, drug usage, drug selling, drug trafficking, foreign travel, foreign contacts, all of the places you have lived for the past 10 years (or back to 18 years old if you are young) , all of the paces you have worked for the past 10 years ( (or back to 18 years old if you are young). For the places you have lived and work they want a reference for each location/job.

I think that sums up everything.

More what I was looking for, appreciate the info as always.

Clean on all regards so the confidential clearance level sounds very doable.

And after youydo it once, save that form playboy because you might find another job and have to fill it out again for the new position to pick up your clearance

And after youydo it once, save that form playboy because you might find another job and have to fill it out again for the new position to pick up your clearance
THIS save the dam SF-86 cuz boy do these new investigators hit you with the...well 6 years ago on this SF-86 you said this...ehh mybad I was 18 I don't remember
laugh.gif

@Jay Patt most likely you would get a Secret clearance. Don't worry about it they are really easy to get especially if you said your good on everything I said.

Figures nothing for new york, No jobs and high *** living cost, they trying to get all the middle class people up outta here.

So my weed/shroom use (only eaten shrooms twice, spent my freshman and sophomore year smoking pretty much every day)... If anyone else used did it affect your approval status in any way? 

Just been skimming over the form.

So my weed/shroom use (only eaten shrooms twice, spent my freshman and sophomore year smoking pretty much every day)... If anyone else used did it affect your approval status in any way? 

Just tell them and say "Recreational use, I was young and immature" . Thats what I say.

My recommendation:

DO NOT mention shrooms or any psychedelics.

Weed should be fine but I would say something like, "tried it a few times, don't plan on trying again."

My recommendation:

Weed should be fine but I would say something like, "tried it a few times, don't plan on trying again."
Good catch, I've only told them about weed , adderall (tried once) and codeine (tried once) usage.

Last edited:

My recommendation:

Good catch, I've only told them about weed , adderall (tried once) and codeine (tried once) usage.
Appreciation the insight. Guess that'll be the one thing I fail to mention
laugh.gif

Some of my coworkers in my business unit have their secret clearance so hopefully I can pull some information out of them as well.

Data Center Tech has been the perfect flexible gig while I finish up school but definitely not somewhere I want to stay.

Probably looking at getting the ball rolling in the next 1-2 year(s). 

Last edited:

laugh.gif

Some of my coworkers in my business unit have their secret clearance so hopefully I can pull some information out of them as well.

Data Center Tech has been the perfect flexible gig while I finish up school but definitely not somewhere I want to stay.

Get the clearance early Secret is active for 10 years, then if you can get the golden ticket clearance you are set. That's if that is the type of lifestyle you are trying to pursue.

laugh.gif

Get the clearance early Secret is active for 10 years, then if you can get the golden ticket clearance you are set. That's if that is the type of lifestyle you are trying to pursue.
From what I've found,

"you must be sponsored by a cleared contractor or a government entity. To be sponsored you must be employed by a cleared contractor"

Should be actively keeping my eye open on USAJobs or should I try to talk my boss into setting this up for me?

Last edited:

From what I've found,

"you must be sponsored by a cleared contractor or a government entity. To be sponsored you must be employed by a cleared contractor"

Should be actively keeping my eye open on USAJobs or should I try to talk my boss into setting this up for me?
So pretty much I would ask your boos if your company has any positions that require a clearance. If they don't , then your best bet will be to keep searching on USAJOBS , or search for government contractor companies (Northrop Grumman, Boeing, Booz Allen, Raytheon, SAIC, L3, Lockheed Martin , BAE , Leidos etc) in your area that have jobs that require a clearance and they will sponsor you for the clearance.

The issue in the DMV area is that most companies and govt agencies already want you to have a clearance, so its hard to find a company that will sponsor you. They are out there, but they are hard to get.

Yeah LinkedIn is great make sure your profile is updated. I get contacted a few times a month by head hunters on linkedin.

From what I've found,

So pretty much I would ask your boos if your company has any positions that require a clearance. If they don't , then your best bet will be to keep searching on USAJOBS , or search for government contractor companies (Northrop Grumman, Boeing, Booz Allen, Raytheon, SAIC, L3, Lockheed Martin , BAE , Leidos etc) in your area that have jobs that require a clearance and they will sponsor you for the clearance.

The issue in the DMV area is that most companies and govt agencies already want you to have a clearance, so its hard to find a company that will sponsor you. They are out there, but they are hard to get.
I see.

So when im a year and some change away from making that transition i'll start scanning USAJobs like a hawk to at least get the process started with ample time.

I see.

So when im a year and some change away from making that transition i'll start scanning USAJobs like a hawk to at least get the process started with ample time.
Set up the email notifications for specific job searches. You will never miss a job posting this way, literally apply for everything.

Tailor your resume to each job posting, its all about the buzzwords, and doing well on their questionnaires pertaining to job experience .

Best tip I can give about USAJOBS is to set up 3-4 detailed job searches that send you an email every time a new job posting is added to the site.
This allowed me to never miss a job posting that I was qualified for. Landed 2 jobs on USAJOBS this way.

Do you have a military background or something? I've completely given up on usajobs, I mostly think the jobs are troll positions.
Went to a job convention in DC and the DOT was there with a clueless worker behind the desk. He had no additional information
or tips for a more successful application. :smh:

These people get in the position and stay 40 years then hire family members and the cycle continues.

Back
Top Bottom