I'm not even Chinese vol. Mistaken identity

I've gotten it in funny situations. Didn't know whether to smh or just ignore it. Still got dome none the less.

Black and Puerto Rican, been mistaken for muslim by this bangladeshi girl in college, columbian from some taxi driver, half white by black people. blah blah blah.

What makes me cringe is when a black dude tells a black chick that she looks mixed...

And the chick takes that as one of the best compliments ever...

Was in Hawaii recently and a group of tourist mistaken me for a local. It happened often whenever I walked around Waikiki to a point where it started to get annoying. Toward the end, I gave out directions to the strip club.
:lol: savage, had them tourist walking around in 90 degree weather at noon in waikiki looking for a strip club.

i'm 3/4 japanese 1/4 filipino from hawaii.
on the mainland i've had plenty of people come up to me and speak spanish. when i was in new guinea i was mistaken for indonesian. best one was in arizona when an indian dude asked me what tribe i was from :smh:

My family gets Ethiopian/east african constantly. Especially when we are in Addis.

My pops and I speak Spanish fluently, so we also get the occasional Dominican or Cuban.

A Gangsta but I'm truly a gentlemen.

Indian from India but I'm Dominican. Got it more when I was younger and had a lot of hair. Now don't know people don't really talk racial identity with me.

Grew out the Beard and people think I'm middle Eastern... It's like a Invincible Shield... Especially when i act like I don't speak english!! LOL!!!

Gotten Dominican, Haitian, even Brazilian(which I can't see at all)

This thread reminds me of that episode of King Of The Hill when Hank and Khan first meet,Khan tells him he's Laotian and Hank says "So are you Chinese or Japanese?"

Some black lady asked if I was part black even though I'm full asian. She said I had black facial hair whatever that means lol.

Black and Filipino. Didn't really get much out west, but once I moved to nyc and hit up these bodegas, I'm getting all kinds of call outs. Spanish, Dominican, Puerto Rican, Colombian, etc.

Hit em all with a curveball too when I speak Spanish right back ( bilingual Mexican accent though). It's still my second language though so when the woman at HR block started discussing my taxes in Spanish, I had to humble myself and bring it back to English and tell it like if is :lol:

I'm Laotian but been mistaken for Filipino, Japanese, and Mexican plenty of times.

In HS, some random black guy called me Jet Li so I called him DMX.

Use to. Meng aka King haku is my pops homie from the roots

Is Meng a bad *** dude in real life? I've heard a lot of stories about him

His son wrestles now and goes by the name Tama Tonga

Yo, he has the scariest stories out of all the wrestlers. There was one where he ripped a guy's eye out. He's not just a street cat, more like a street tiger or whatever is beastly.

i always get mistaken for mexican by mexican females i aint complaining tho :evil:

Last edited:
ive been mistaken chinese by chinese people a couple of times too often that i had to inspect my facial features, :lol:

my nose, lips and skin tone is for sure malay/indo, but noticed my double eyelids arent as prominent as i thought they were. but my eyes are definitely big so still, wth are they talking about?! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom