Im sorry but it still bothers me when hispanics, asians and white ppl use the N word

I should've never looked through this thread
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Harlem On The Rise wrote:
What SOOO cool about the N word that people who are not of African decent have this desire to use it in the first place??

What's sooo cool about the N word that people of ANY decent have the desire to use it?

Last time I checked, it was a very disrespectful word that was used to torment and slander a lot of peoples blood relatives. At one point in time, people werebeing beat, raped, and forced to work while being called the N word. Now, you want to keep saying it? Complete disrespect. It doesn't matter what race youare....it's ridiculous...

Other races saying it: Complete disrespect, ridiculous and ******ed.
Black people saying it: Complete disrespect. Imagine if your ancestors are looking down on you while you are using an offspring of the very word that they weretormented with.
smh.gif

And don't tell me "It has an "a" on the end, so it's different" - BS. Same word.

EDIT:

And dude knew exactly what he was doing when he started this thread. Wanted some attention with 10+ pages and a bunch of bans....
smh.gif

Dudes cant even control themselves appropriately, in this thread.
smh.gif
. Even IF asians had it worse then. What about now? Blacks are stereotyped everyday. Asiansare more accepted than blacks today, ANYWHERE. Forget the slavery and the other $#@# back then. Lets talk about what we go through NOW! The things we actuallyexperiencing and not $#@# we read off history books. Im not complaining or crying. I accepted it for what it is. Theres still things (even little things) thatbother me till this day and ill admit it. Like me walking into a grocery store in a russian area...why am i being watched so much while im looking for a bag ofchips? Things like that bother me a little. And to be honest. If you want to say the N word the way some of you already do, paint your face brown and walk in ablack mans shoes before you do it.

It's understandable if you DON'T use it and are quite bothered/upset/offended by it.

On the other hand if you DO use it and then complain when others do as well you are just as ignorant as they are.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Im sitting in this pizzeria in BK, though and im hearing these two bum *%! dudes rappin and saying N word after every sentence. Mind you (to my NY NTers) im in bensonhurst right now

on 64th and 18 ave?
nerd.gif

black folk shouldnt be using it either... while we're still using the word casually we can't really have a problem with the next man using it in thesame way/context.

So, to wrap things up here. Blacks say the word for any number of 'reasons.' Chose one.

Other races say it because Blacks say it. Whether it's music, the 'cool' thing or what have you. IMO both groups are wrong.

Damn, there is so many valid points here to be considered, many of which oppose eachother completely, making it seemingly impossible to achieve the solitaryrule set conclusion that everyone has seemed to gun for since the rise of popularity once flipped into a term of endearment. I mean, there is so much reasonthat can be applied from diffferent perspectives that really theres no choice in the matter than to go by your personal preference. The argument is virtuallyendless.

Ninjahood made a good point, but the reason it was recycled in the first place was a method to somewhat take away from it, to demean it, you have to considerif black people stopped the frequent use then it may still bare the racial stronghold. Then again, it may have just lost that with time and it could'vefaded. Both very possible IMO.

If i saw a white guy call a black guy _ in the friendly manner of 'homie, bro, g' - whatever - and the black dude just whooped his @#$ for it, i can becool with that becuase i understand where hes coming from (even though i feel thats a mindless, pidantic over reaction), but also if the black guy was coolwith the white dudes use of it and embraced it - i understand that too. That's perfectly fine with me.

Of course - there are those that are genuinely offended by the word, not only black people - slavery is a disgrace to humanity, no matter what colour or race,so of course we need to consider how someone else may feel about it, even if it ain't nothing but a word to us. Everybody is different.

Me personally - I'm all for the use of it as its term of 'friend' or 'person' which it's user is almost unanimously exclusive to today.Of course if that only applied to black people, then the that positive re-incarnation no longer stands alone.

At the end of the day - it's a word that's been at the center of way too many debates, no matter how offensive, disgusting, rude or plain annoying itis, if you gonna be sensitive enough to let it ruin your day then you possibly you need to re-evalute You.

I need to go to sleep
laugh.gif

Never said it and never will, but most of my non African American friends always say the "N" word.

I tried countless times to get them to dead the habit, but they never listened to me, lol.

wow its A LOT of ignorant replies in this thread
some of you guys justifications are ridiculous
smh.gif

some of you guys mentality shows your lack of class as well as respect for any race

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Harlem On The Rise wrote:
What SOOO cool about the N word that people who are not of African decent have this desire to use it in the first place??

It's just another word. Variety. Dude, bro, bruh, dawg, homie, fam, folk, n_.

What's so appealing about it that people of African descent have the desire to use it? If it's so offensive and reminds you of such a terrible periodin history, you should probably stop filling albums with it.

The fact of the matter is, the current state of the N word is possibly one of the biggest examples of hypocrisy of all time.

Naturally, that creates confusion. You got cats out there ready to fire off on a white kid for sayin' the word while at the same time not really beingsure why it's a bad thing.

Personally, I find the whole idea of taking offense to it ludicrous. Yes, it was used to degrade slaves, but that was then, this is now. In 2009, peoplefreely throw the word around as a term of endearment. It's a good bet that many of the non-black people that use the word choose to say it because theywant to emulate black people.

"Imitation is the best form of flattery."

Way to take a compliment, jackholes. Nah i'm playin', Relax.

I don't use it and i don't like when others use it, i think it makes you sound very ignorant and Un-educated. thats just me though.

Originally Posted by Mac4167

I don't use it and i don't like when others use it, i think it makes you sound very ignorant and Un-educated. thats just me though.

The same could be said for people who excessively cuss. I always overhear my neighbor when he's on the phone, and every 4th or 5th word that comes out ofhis mouth is F. "I f-in went to the store and f-in there were f-in no f-in bananas." It sounds ridiculous. I equate it to people's use of theword "like" as a verbal pause in their speech, or Obama's use of "uh." At the end of the day, the word is way too popular intoday's media for it to ever be truly taboo. You don't see people dropping the most offensive Jewish slur on a day to day basis, because it's beenmade taboo in our media. The last time I have heard the word said was in the Le Petit Tourette episode of South Park. It's a shame that our society haspopularized the N word, but all (or most) of us support the use of the word when we buy music that is riddled with it's use. Stop supporting it if youdon't like it.

Back
Top Bottom