im to old to wear a snapback i feel

I don't hate em. I just think it absurd anyone would pay over $10 for a snapback.

if you hate snapbacks because of the people who wear them and a song then YOU are doing it wrong. refuse to wear them because you don't like them. not because the wrong people DO.
eyes.gif
TELL EM!

Strapbacks tho>>>>

and some of you dudes that wear the fitteds that are different from the team colors and all SHOULD NOT be talking about a snapback. If you're not rocking a on-field fitted, but wearing a purple paint-splattered Yankees fitted, you're doing it wrong.

it's still something serious ? yo just move to the bay and smoke something. age don matter, errybody just wears whatever the f they feel like wearing.

old cats rockin streetwear and snaps along with youngins. and we got high schoolers tryna get featured on a GQ magazine cover..

express yourself ! other opinions are uneccessarry..

I associated those with poor people. I remember seeing them in stores when I bought fitteds and would wonder why anyone would ever by them.
What type of....

You know what, most of you dudes are more worse than the "hypebeasts" y'all look down on. Reap rap. Like really?

When I grew up snapbacks were for lil jits and poor dudes, a fitted was the holy grail, I still remember when my cousin passed on his authentic Braves fitted to me

Being one of the older heads. I can bring some clarity to this conversation. Especially this class situation over hats. Snapbacks weren't for the poor...because they were the norm.

Back in the late 80's and very early 90's you had Starter and The Game. Those were the two companies.

For example

img_6048.jpg

That's what all those Raiders hats were, Starter hats. They were snapbacks. Were Ice Cube or Chuck D poor? Well maybe Cube from Eazy and Jerry.

Then in the early 90's New Era took over and it was fitteds. You wore fitteds for style(all those White Sox fitteds). If I saw someone wearing a snapback, they were either older heads or actual sports fans.

Not sure where some of you got this poor stuff from.

snapbacks are one of those things that should have stayed buried in the past (like those trucker hats) . . . they've always seemed to me just CHEAP versions of a hat (like something you buy on the boardwalk for a couple bucks . . . fitted all day . . .

Back in the day yes. Fitteds were $30+. Snapbacks were 2 for $20 and still no on bought them.
Buying a fitted didn't make you "rich" nor will it ever, but plenty of people had over 50+ of them.

fitted use to be 20 dollars back in the day... 2 for 30 in certain spots...

Most people that wear snapbacks look like/are tools. I'm 22 years old and I pretty much never wear hats period except in the winter time.

I only rock Supreme and Don C snapbacks

you peasants enjoy your poverty hats
oh you aint heard of junebug joes platypus duck billed hats?? it has a platybus bill as the hat bill and the rest is made of badger fur..supreme?? lol what is this february?? keep refreshing hypebeast bruhh.

i only rock von dutch or ed hardy hats get with the times guys...

Late 80s/90s babies
i'm a 90's baby and never thought no dumb **** like that.

If i saw a dude rockin a snapback say 6-7 years ago I would think, "oh, retro", not "oh he can't afford a fitted"....who can't afford a fitted?

I like snapbacks better than fitteds now.   just because they fit better.  i'm talking straight and to the front, no funny business. Every time I try to buy a fitted I have to try on 3 sizes and one has a giant brim, one is too big, one fits like a cone, etc.  

the fit and sizing is sooooo inconsistent

Last edited:
I dont have a problem with em... just these #hypebeast,#yolo, #swag, #snapbacksntattoos type of kids give it a bad look

Cats def exaggerating

The new style snaps look and fit exactly like fitteds

i look for fitteds first tho cause they usually have the logo style I want

Being one of the older heads. I can bring some clarity to this conversation. Especially this class situation over hats. Snapbacks weren't for the poor...because they were the norm.

Back in the late 80's and very early 90's you had Starter and The Game. Those were the two companies.

For example

img_6048.jpg

That's what all those Raiders hats were, Starter hats. They were snapbacks. Were Ice Cube or Chuck D poor? Well maybe Cube from Eazy and Jerry.

Then in the early 90's New Era took over and it was fitteds. You wore fitteds for style(all those White Sox fitteds). If I saw someone wearing a snapback, they were either older heads or actual sports fans.

Not sure where some of you got this poor stuff from.

Fitted in da 80s werent available for commercial purchase or retail...das da only reason

Starter even had a lane to begin with

Team hats werent standardized in one brand yet is another reason.

Once new era got all da teams it was a wrap for snapbacks.

Last edited:
Fitted in da 80s werent available for commercial purchase or retail...das da only reason

New Era obtained the exclusive MLB license in 1986 and commercially released hats to the public under the Diamond Collection. When you say fitted hats weren't available in the 80's it's inaccurate.

New Era obtained the exclusive MLB license in 1986 and commercially released hats to the public under the Diamond Collection. When you say fitted hats weren't available in the 80's it's inaccurate.
they still weren't widely available though, da distribution channels weren't like they was for fitteds until da mid 90s, when da logos became "3D"

i remember it was a BIG DEAL to have a actual fitted from da MLB, unless you was actually getting from da mail order catalog, you wasn't getting em.

Back
Top Bottom