I'm trying to quit smoking. Vol Day 1

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo5

your gonna die anyway. have fun while you are dying. * lights up a cig

ignorant people these days
pimp.gif

smoking since high school, its hard to stop

just keep looking into your pockets, if they empty you know you have to stop

just quit cold. i did it for like 3 months over a fatty bet with friends. lol dumb i kno
after bout a week, got sickk migraines i had to sleep off :/
dont surround urself with ppl that smoke, THATS WHAT KEEPS MESSIN ME UP.
ex. post drinkin/blazin, etc

back at it, but tryin for real after this weekend again. lol

gl!

Originally Posted by ArmenExchange

just quit cold. i did it for like 3 months over a fatty bet with friends. lol dumb i kno
after bout a week, got sickk migraines i had to sleep off :/
dont surround urself with ppl that smoke, THATS WHAT KEEPS MESSIN ME UP.
ex. post drinkin/blazin, etc

back at it, but tryin for real after this weekend again. lol

gl!

Originally Posted by buggz05

+!!% this. I'm going to go buy a pack.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

I am a weak being.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
Don't you dare do it..I'll slap your @** through this damn computer screen!
mad.gif

Just smoke it already.

It's not like NT believed you were REALLY going to quit anyway.

We knew you'd cave. Cuz you're weak.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Just smoke it already.

It's not like NT believed you were REALLY going to quit anyway.

We knew you'd cave. Cuz you're weak.
+@@% you i'll quit on Monday. Put me on the spot.

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

i quit a little over a month ago, the first few days were rough, i smoked menthols (newports) so i tried using halls cough drops to curb the craving. it seemedto help me. After the first week you start to lose that craving. It will get easier, just keep your eye on the prize and stay focused. Remember that YOU makethe choice to pick up a cigarette and smoke it, so all you have to do is make the choice not to. Whenevever you get a craving..just say no, as cliche as itsounds.

Originally Posted by mdresident

i quit a little over a month ago, the first few days were rough, i smoked menthols (newports) so i tried using halls cough drops to curb the craving. it seemed to help me. After the first week you start to lose that craving. It will get easier, just keep your eye on the prize and stay focused. Remember that YOU make the choice to pick up a cigarette and smoke it, so all you have to do is make the choice not to. Whenevever you get a craving..just say no, as cliche as it sounds.

First two days were cake. 3rd day was fine until like the very end of the day. Started getting all these weird blurry vision/surroundings caving in on mefeelings. I made it through.

4th day I decided to test myself. Went and chilled with some friends who smoke to see how it would feel to be around that. I did alright for a few hours, andthen I snatched one and took a couple of puffs and gave it back. It felt weird smoking after going through the 3 day withdrawal. So I felt like I would neverneed a cigarette ever again.

TODAY. TODAY. Today I'm pissed off for w/e reason, work home w/e. Worried about my financial/college situation, and I think that's what got me. Plusit's the weekend and I can't stay couped in my room with nothing to do because that's what makes me crave. And if I go out, I'm going to betoo tempted to have a smoke or not even have any fun because I'm focusing too much on not smoking to actually have fun. Can't drink.....will make mecrave. I'm not tryna sit at the bar and just @$!$!*% sit there.

!@#!

Yes. I just bought a $5.79
smh.gif
pack of cigarettes and just smoked one. I don't even feel any different. I still feel pissed off. I seriously need help.I've done some of the hardest drugs on earth and quit those with ease. I went drug free/alcohol free for a year and a half. But I can't shake thesedamn cigarettes.
mad.gif
tired.gif

I don't even want to smoke. I'm chronic anemic. Smoking kills my health and my nerves. I'm just not mentally stable enough.

You just said you didn't feel any better or different when you puffed one after the third day.
So what does that tell you? You can kick the habit..its nicotine withdrawals..you will get over them soon.

I believe in you.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by mdresident

i quit a little over a month ago, the first few days were rough, i smoked menthols (newports) so i tried using halls cough drops to curb the craving. it seemed to help me. After the first week you start to lose that craving. It will get easier, just keep your eye on the prize and stay focused. Remember that YOU make the choice to pick up a cigarette and smoke it, so all you have to do is make the choice not to. Whenevever you get a craving..just say no, as cliche as it sounds.

First two days were cake. 3rd day was fine until like the very end of the day. Started getting all these weird blurry vision/surroundings caving in on me feelings. I made it through.

4th day I decided to test myself. Went and chilled with some friends who smoke to see how it would feel to be around that. I did alright for a few hours, and then I snatched one and took a couple of puffs and gave it back. It felt weird smoking after going through the 3 day withdrawal. So I felt like I would never need a cigarette ever again.

TODAY. TODAY. Today I'm pissed off for w/e reason, work home w/e. Worried about my financial/college situation, and I think that's what got me. Plus it's the weekend and I can't stay couped in my room with nothing to do because that's what makes me crave. And if I go out, I'm going to be too tempted to have a smoke or not even have any fun because I'm focusing too much on not smoking to actually have fun. Can't drink.....will make me crave. I'm not tryna sit at the bar and just @$!$!*% sit there.

!@#!

Yes. I just bought a $5.79
smh.gif
pack of cigarettes and just smoked one. I don't even feel any different. I still feel pissed off. I seriously need help. I've done some of the hardest drugs on earth and quit those with ease. I went drug free/alcohol free for a year and a half. But I can't shake these damn cigarettes.
mad.gif
tired.gif

I don't even want to smoke. I'm chronic anemic. Smoking kills my health and my nerves. I'm just not mentally stable enough.

Im tellin you cousin, the part that #*+!*$ you up was taking those 2 puffs from your boys cigg. little did you know you gave the nicotine addiction in yourbody something to live for. thats why its creeping up so hard right now, cause it knows you will cave in again.

Remember that no one every thinks that they will get addicted, thats the beauty of the trap, it happens so subtle. Thats how they got you and me in thebeginning.

but, dont give up, be aware of the taste and the smell of every cigg you smoke. its nasty. notice when you go to the bar the people that smoke are onlysmoking because they feel bad without it, not because they want it.

keep your head up my dude, ive been smoking for close to 11 years. and im not talking 1 or 2 a day bull, i was at a full pack of newport 100's per day. Imon day 5 right now an im starting to forget what its like to smoke. I dont miss it because ciggs gave me nothing.

Its a great feeling knowing you dont have to smoke.
I feel like Andy when he bust out of Shawshank, Marvelous

I've been mentally preparing myself to quit tomorrow(sunday), wish me luck NT.....BTW I have been smokin for 15 years, 1-1.5 packs a day....

I quit smoking cigs because it cost me too much of my money, it made my teeth yellow, my clothes stink and it killed my lungs. If you need tobacco that badjust vaporize. I bought Da Buddha Vaporizer and my lungs feel better than ever. The only thing I miss is the actual hand to mouth inhaling...I guess because itwas relaxing to breathe in and out slow after a hard days work with a few friends. That was the addicting part.

Yo !#%$ this !%!! we can do this !%!! together
laugh.gif

I'm quitting on Monday.

Everybody should post tips for quitting and links. I'll look some up.

My dad smoked for 45+ years and stopped cold turkey.

Take it day by day and eventually you'll get there, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom