I'm trying to trace my roots Vol. The Motherland

It will change your life, but it's more than just a simple DNA...your family may have adoptions, falsified identities, destroyed records etc., you want to investigate all of these variables so you'll have a better understanding of your roots.

One day ill trace my family. My sister gave me a summary on what she found but i want to do something on my own research 

Some, who am I kidding. A lot of people can't handle having origins tracing back to Africa 
laugh.gif
. Dudes I've had discussions with are heated if you suggest such a thing. Especially being latino, hella prejudices. 

Sucks man. I was talking to my Pops a month ago about our family's history and it ends with my great grandfather. I know he came from the east coast (I think Virginia) but that's all we know. He says he regrets not asking more questions to his elders before they passed.

Besides the DNA test are there any other accurate ways to trace African ancestry?

Last edited:
Sucks man. I was talking to my Pops a month ago about our family's history and it ends with my great grandfather. I know he came from the east coast (I think Virginia) but that's all we know. He says he regrets not asking more questions to his elders before they passed.

Besides the DNA test are there any other accurate ways to trace African ancestry?

Good luck op

Before my grandmother passed 2 yrs ago her & my moms help me trace back as far as they could
My family came & was sold in New Orleans & was slaves in st martinville,la (by Lafayette)
My great great great great great grandfather was a full blooded slave & his wive was Indian

Rest of my fam documents was destroyed; I will never know where I'm really from |I

I know a chick that did this African ancestry thing. She was mainly west African and 30% European (it was more broken down I'm just summarizing)

Back
Top Bottom