In case you didn't know, Einstein was a *#!#*!! genius.

You always hear about him and the expression "he's no Einstein" but few people really know all the amazing things he accomplished in his life.

From his work on the particulate nature of light, to the explanation of Brownian motion which solidified the atomic theory, to the Theory of Special Relativitywhich stating that time was not a constant and that a luminiferous aether was unnecessary, to discovering the equivalence of mass and energy which werepreviously thought to be completely separate entities (E=mc^2), to the Theory of General Relativity which described that gravity deflected light which in turnshowed that space-time is curved and not straight, and also provided an explanation for the transformation of coordinates between frames in relativeacceleration which was exhibited by the advance of the perihelion orbit of Mercury and was the only known phenomena that the Theory of Special Relativity couldnot explain.

I'm not going to sit here and try to explain it all because I only comprehend the tip of the iceberg but if you have time I suggest you look into all ofthe incredible work Einstein did. It really amazes me that a human mind can manufacture such abstract, yet seemingly true, ideas that have held up throughtime and all the rigorous tests his theorems have been put through.

- Tical.

That is very interesting. The man hypothosized thoughts early on that some cant even begin to grasp in this day and age.

pretty amazing
pimp.gif

Einstein extremely was a genius. One of the things I like about him is that he also made mistakes, which showed geniuses make mistakes too. That being said, heis one incredible human being.

Didn't he need to write himself notes for mundane things, like 'Tie your shoelaces'?

I know people are going to read that one question and assume it's me trying to cut him down, but that's not it at all. Just asking a question.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Didn't he need to write himself notes for mundane things, like 'Tie your shoelaces'?

I know people are going to read that one question and assume it's me trying to cut him down, but that's not it at all. Just asking a question.

I've heard of this before..

Just take physics III.....

I'm not sure how it is at yall's school. Physics III is equivalent to the physics class that follows Newtonian physics (generally physics I) andElectromagnetism physics (generally physics II).

You learn relativity and all of that good stuff in there. I wanted to take the class next semester, but time conflicts
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom