In the spirit of Kobe videos..."I'd beat Lebron 1 on 1...IN MY SLEEP"

Originally Posted by Informerx

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Either some of y'all are garbage 1 on 1 players or you've never actually tried to power yourselves to the hoop over a smaller defender.

I'm no where near the talent of those two but I know if I get a defender who's smaller, shorter and weaker than me I'll abuse him all day. His skill is not gonna stop me from getting to the basket since he'll never get close enough to the ball.

So you're telling me you'd beat Nate Robinson 1 on bum?
lol

for the ppl saying he would beat kobe 1on1 because he would just power over him to the low block and score with ease: lebron has a size advantage over most of his defenders, why do we rarely see him doing this during an actual game?? to many times he's on the perimeter fading away like kobe. he is greatly talented but he is really holding his potential back with lack of certain skills. lebron's talents plus kobe's skill....one can't even imagine
tired.gif

who thinks lebron would beat mj?

Either some of y'all are garbage 1 on 1 players or you've never actually tried to power yourselves to the hoop over a smaller defender.

I'm no where near the talent of those two but I know if I get a defender who's smaller, shorter and weaker than me I'll abuse him all day. His skill is not gonna stop me from getting to the basket since he'll never get close enough to the ball.

lol

for the ppl saying he would beat kobe 1on1 because he would just power over him to the low block and score with ease: lebron has a size advantage over most of his defenders, why do we rarely see him doing this during an actual game?? to many times he's on the perimeter fading away like kobe. he is greatly talented but he is really holding his potential back with lack of certain skills. lebron's talents plus kobe's skill....one can't even imagine
tired.gif

Since he weighs more and is more than likely stronger than me, probably not. 
But since he's not weaker smaller and shorter this situation is completely different isn't it.
indifferent.gif

Also if we're going by NBA.com stats Lebron is at least 45 lbs. heavier than Kobe. 
So then you're saying you could beat Earl Boykins one on one?

indifferent.gif

Since he weighs more and is more than likely stronger than me, probably not. 
But since he's not weaker smaller and shorter this situation is completely different isn't it.
indifferent.gif

Also if we're going by NBA.com stats Lebron is at least 45 lbs. heavier than Kobe. 
So then you're saying you could beat Earl Boykins one on one?

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by kali4nikated

lol

tired.gif

umm, help defense? 
When's the last time you were double teamed in a 1 on 1?
laugh.gif

lol

tired.gif

umm, help defense? 
When's the last time you were double teamed in a 1 on 1?
laugh.gif

you know i think your right bro...help-defense is the reason why he doesn't have a post game.

based on your reasoning, you have no problem saying lebron would beat mj 1on1?  im just curious..

you know i think your right bro...help-defense is the reason why he doesn't have a post game.

based on your reasoning, you have no problem saying lebron would beat mj 1on1?  im just curious..

lol

tired.gif

5v5

lol

tired.gif

5v5

Originally Posted by WJuN15

exactly
Sorry, but that's way too simplistic, especially when you're talking about two NBA players.  Its one thing to back down some scrub who is shorter than you and make a lay up, but it is quite another thing to do it to Kobe Bryant, even if you're LeBron James.  Kobe is a great defender with good hands.  I'm thinking maybe he could figure out a way to get a steal or slap the ball away, etc., as opposed to getting backed down with ease every time.  Plus, there's the matter of defense.  What's LeBron's size advantage going to do for him in terms of stopping Kobe from scoring?  Not much.  I'm not saying LeBron couldn't beat him.  And I certainly don't think Kobe would win "in his sleep."  But the argument that LeBron is bigger therefore LeBron wins just doesn't fly for me. 

And yes I have played plenty of one-on-one games in my life, including games where I beat guys that were 3-4 inches taller than me and significantly heavier.  

exactly
Sorry, but that's way too simplistic, especially when you're talking about two NBA players.  Its one thing to back down some scrub who is shorter than you and make a lay up, but it is quite another thing to do it to Kobe Bryant, even if you're LeBron James.  Kobe is a great defender with good hands.  I'm thinking maybe he could figure out a way to get a steal or slap the ball away, etc., as opposed to getting backed down with ease every time.  Plus, there's the matter of defense.  What's LeBron's size advantage going to do for him in terms of stopping Kobe from scoring?  Not much.  I'm not saying LeBron couldn't beat him.  And I certainly don't think Kobe would win "in his sleep."  But the argument that LeBron is bigger therefore LeBron wins just doesn't fly for me. 

And yes I have played plenty of one-on-one games in my life, including games where I beat guys that were 3-4 inches taller than me and significantly heavier.  

Originally Posted by lawdog1

exactly

my point was that, theyre defense abilities are similar but kobe would have to take more tough shots since bron is bigger/stronger/equally as fast on D.
yeah it would probably be pretty even, (though I would probably take bron if i were to bet on it). im just responding to people that say kobe would win easily just because

1. kobe said so
2. hes the best player in the game

exactly

my point was that, theyre defense abilities are similar but kobe would have to take more tough shots since bron is bigger/stronger/equally as fast on D.
yeah it would probably be pretty even, (though I would probably take bron if i were to bet on it). im just responding to people that say kobe would win easily just because

1. kobe said so
2. hes the best player in the game

Now that someone brought up Lebron could beat MJ, this thread shold explode.

And rook you 12?

Now that someone brought up Lebron could beat MJ, this thread shold explode.

And rook you 12?

exactly

It doesn't for me either but if everyone's just gonna agree that Kobe would win because he has more skill then I'm gonna play that card.
I can beat a guy significantly heavier and taller than me. Add just as fast and just as strong/stronger and we have an issue.  

exactly

It doesn't for me either but if everyone's just gonna agree that Kobe would win because he has more skill then I'm gonna play that card.
I can beat a guy significantly heavier and taller than me. Add just as fast and just as strong/stronger and we have an issue.  

exactly

I understand the argument, but I think Kobe's strength and defense is being underestimated. Yeah, he should not be considered 1st team defense, but he plays great defense against superstars. 

Back
Top Bottom