In the spirit of Kobe videos..."I'd beat Lebron 1 on 1...IN MY SLEEP"

Originally Posted by WJuN15

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Either some of y'all are garbage 1 on 1 players or you've never actually tried to power yourselves to the hoop over a smaller defender.

I'm no where near the talent of those two but I know if I get a defender who's smaller, shorter and weaker than me I'll abuse him all day. His skill is not gonna stop me from getting to the basket since he'll never get close enough to the ball.

exactly

I understand the argument, but I think Kobe's strength and defense is being underestimated. Yeah, he should not be considered 1st team defense, but he plays great defense against superstars. 

Originally Posted by RoOk

^ Na man I'm 18 (College Student)
roll.gif
laugh.gif
LOL I was gonna say, no wonder he thinks we're gonna win the ACC, he's only 12 years old.

The funny thing is you guys had synergey sports you would know that when LeBron posts people up, nobody stops him, it's not pretty but he pretty much scores at will. 

The funny thing is you guys had synergey sports you would know that when LeBron posts people up, nobody stops him, it's not pretty but he pretty much scores at will. 

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Gonna have to check it out, I had an account a while ago.......

Speaking of which, Kobe uses that religiously to study his opponents. Lebron probably thinks it's an energy drink....
laugh.gif

Gonna have to check it out, I had an account a while ago.......

Speaking of which, Kobe uses that religiously to study his opponents. Lebron probably thinks it's an energy drink....
laugh.gif

look at kobe's nearly smiling when he first answered the question. even he didn't believe it.

kobe's too weak and slow for lebron. and lebron can shoot well enough to handle his own in terms of jumpshooting.

kobe's too slow to beat lebron off the dribble nowadays. he would have to depend on his J, and lebron will contest them.

kobe will get to see it personally since he either has to guard wade or lebron when they play the heat. hopefully with ZERO help.

look at kobe's nearly smiling when he first answered the question. even he didn't believe it.

kobe's too weak and slow for lebron. and lebron can shoot well enough to handle his own in terms of jumpshooting.

kobe's too slow to beat lebron off the dribble nowadays. he would have to depend on his J, and lebron will contest them.

kobe will get to see it personally since he either has to guard wade or lebron when they play the heat. hopefully with ZERO help.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Either some of y'all are garbage 1 on 1 players or you've never actually tried to power yourselves to the hoop over a smaller defender.

I'm no where near the talent of those two but I know if I get a defender who's smaller, shorter and weaker than me I'll abuse him all day. His skill is not gonna stop me from getting to the basket since he'll never get close enough to the ball.

exactly
Sorry, but that's way too simplistic, especially when you're talking about two NBA players.  Its one thing to back down some scrub who is shorter than you and make a lay up, but it is quite another thing to do it to Kobe Bryant, even if you're LeBron James.  Kobe is a great defender with good hands.  I'm thinking maybe he could figure out a way to get a steal or slap the ball away, etc., as opposed to getting backed down with ease every time.  Plus, there's the matter of defense.  What's LeBron's size advantage going to do for him in terms of stopping Kobe from scoring?  Not much.  I'm not saying LeBron couldn't beat him.  And I certainly don't think Kobe would win "in his sleep."  But the argument that LeBron is bigger therefore LeBron wins just doesn't fly for me. 

And yes I have played plenty of one-on-one games in my life, including games where I beat guys that were 3-4 inches taller than me and significantly heavier.  

It doesn't for me either but if everyone's just gonna agree that Kobe would win because he has more skill then I'm gonna play that card.
I can beat a guy significantly heavier and taller than me. Add just as fast and just as strong/stronger and we have an issue.  
Can't disagree with you there.  That's why I clarified that I wasn't saying Kobe definitely would beat LeBron.  

Originally Posted by lawdog1

exactly
Sorry, but that's way too simplistic, especially when you're talking about two NBA players.  Its one thing to back down some scrub who is shorter than you and make a lay up, but it is quite another thing to do it to Kobe Bryant, even if you're LeBron James.  Kobe is a great defender with good hands.  I'm thinking maybe he could figure out a way to get a steal or slap the ball away, etc., as opposed to getting backed down with ease every time.  Plus, there's the matter of defense.  What's LeBron's size advantage going to do for him in terms of stopping Kobe from scoring?  Not much.  I'm not saying LeBron couldn't beat him.  And I certainly don't think Kobe would win "in his sleep."  But the argument that LeBron is bigger therefore LeBron wins just doesn't fly for me. 

And yes I have played plenty of one-on-one games in my life, including games where I beat guys that were 3-4 inches taller than me and significantly heavier.  

It doesn't for me either but if everyone's just gonna agree that Kobe would win because he has more skill then I'm gonna play that card.
I can beat a guy significantly heavier and taller than me. Add just as fast and just as strong/stronger and we have an issue.  
Can't disagree with you there.  That's why I clarified that I wasn't saying Kobe definitely would beat LeBron.  

Originally Posted by kali4nikated

having strength is key but having skill is an indispensable element of the game.

lol at some1 saying strength beats all. really? having strength alone will not yield much. you need a method for all that madness.

some of the greatest to ever lace them up are not considered the greatest because of their strength, but great because of their certain exceptional skill: steve nash, reggie miller, john stockton, michael jordan, larry bird, kevin McCale, kareem, allen iverson, tim duncan, kobe- all pretty much skinny, slim, not the strongest dudes on the court. strength without certain skills is a waste of strength.

and lets keep it real. all ppl saying lebron will beat kobe are all essentially saying lebron would have beat mj.. and now that just all kinds of silly.

im def not saying lebron doesn't have skill- he is clearly a beast. im saying the skills required the most in 1 on 1- kobe has seriously mastered more than any1 else in the league today- easily, perhaps of all time. the guy even admitted 1 on 1 is his core and is the best part of his game lol, and it def shows. he had like 6 or 7 game winners last season, all in 1 on 1 situations, all on the perimeter or in the mid range. ill take kobe's skill over lebron's strength 365 days out the year, 366 in a leaper.
you either don't play 1on1 or don't win often lol

having strength is key but having skill is an indispensable element of the game.

lol at some1 saying strength beats all. really? having strength alone will not yield much. you need a method for all that madness.

some of the greatest to ever lace them up are not considered the greatest because of their strength, but great because of their certain exceptional skill: steve nash, reggie miller, john stockton, michael jordan, larry bird, kevin McCale, kareem, allen iverson, tim duncan, kobe- all pretty much skinny, slim, not the strongest dudes on the court. strength without certain skills is a waste of strength.

and lets keep it real. all ppl saying lebron will beat kobe are all essentially saying lebron would have beat mj.. and now that just all kinds of silly.

im def not saying lebron doesn't have skill- he is clearly a beast. im saying the skills required the most in 1 on 1- kobe has seriously mastered more than any1 else in the league today- easily, perhaps of all time. the guy even admitted 1 on 1 is his core and is the best part of his game lol, and it def shows. he had like 6 or 7 game winners last season, all in 1 on 1 situations, all on the perimeter or in the mid range. ill take kobe's skill over lebron's strength 365 days out the year, 366 in a leaper.
you either don't play 1on1 or don't win often lol

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

laugh.gif
at "Lebron" and "posting up" being in the same sentence. Do you guys even watch basketball?

Now if Bron added some offensive post moves and maybe a mid range J to his repertoire he'd be a lot better.

yeah, you also either don't play 1on1 or don't win often lol...

laugh.gif
at "Lebron" and "posting up" being in the same sentence. Do you guys even watch basketball?

Now if Bron added some offensive post moves and maybe a mid range J to his repertoire he'd be a lot better.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I just watched about a whole bunch of LeBron post ups, he has two post moves, fade away spinning to his left, or pound a couple times and hook shot of a spin to his right.

Randomly I saw put up fadeaway hook shots lol, sometimes watching LeBron it's like he so athletic he just can just decide to do things mid air cause he up there so long.

anyways, he shoots 53% on post ups, score 55% of the time, and is rankes 14th in post up efficiency.  Kobe is not winning any one on one match.

I just watched about a whole bunch of LeBron post ups, he has two post moves, fade away spinning to his left, or pound a couple times and hook shot of a spin to his right.

Randomly I saw put up fadeaway hook shots lol, sometimes watching LeBron it's like he so athletic he just can just decide to do things mid air cause he up there so long.

anyways, he shoots 53% on post ups, score 55% of the time, and is rankes 14th in post up efficiency.  Kobe is not winning any one on one match.

Were all his shots against Kobe?

Were all his shots against Kobe?

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

based on your reasoning, you have no problem saying lebron would beat mj 1on1? 

Im still waiting for a response to this.

If lebron having a size/strength advantage is the reason he could beat kobe 1 on 1, he should be able to win against Mike, who was 215-220 at his heaviest, for the same reasons.

*patiently waits for a "witness" to claim lbj could beat Mike.

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

based on your reasoning, you have no problem saying lebron would beat mj 1on1? 

Im still waiting for a response to this.

If lebron having a size/strength advantage is the reason he could beat kobe 1 on 1, he should be able to win against Mike, who was 215-220 at his heaviest, for the same reasons.

*patiently waits for a "witness" to claim lbj could beat Mike.

Back
Top Bottom