In your opinion, are there any sure-bet HOF'ers in the NBA who are under 30 years old?

Playing a little 2K10 the other day, and it got me thinking....one of the lines in the game (not verbatim) is if Lebron had a career-ending injury right now, he'd be in the HOF...

The point of the thread is if (said player) was forced to retire today due to unforeseen circumstances...would they be a HOF'er in a few years?

I'm thinking Lebron, and D.Wade....anyone else? 

I know it's so "LOL" that a player 7 seasons in with 6 ASGs, 4 1st/2nd All NBA teams, 1 ring, 1 Finals MVP, and 1 gold medal would be in the discussion for said-topic.

Voters will eat up Wade when his time comes. Everyone else has.

You dudes have got to be kidding me. No MVP's, one Finals MVP & a ring is a "sure bet HOF" if he retires right now?

You might as well throw D. Howard in the mix then. Only thing he is missing from D-Wade is a ring. LOL.

I learned from Niketalk in the Dirk HOF thread awhile back that a regular season MVP = you're HOF bound. So, Lebron is in.

He's got more of a case than LeBron
LOL. You dudes kill me.

1 Ring=Automatic HOF.  That's basically what you clowns are saying...

...and I forgot to add a gold medal and multiple ASG appearances...

If Lebron never played another minute in the NBA, his numbers would look like this:

7yrs played, 15K total career points, 23.7 career ppg, 5 apg, 6 rpg

*1 Olympic gold medal, 1 bronze

These are undeniable HOF numbers?
grin.gif
nah son, [Jay] Ya reach ain't long enough dunnny

possibly tony parker, he still has a year or two before he gets to 30.
Already 3x Champion, Finals MVP and more awards (dont want to look it up)

Originally Posted by grittyman20

If Lebron never played another minute in the NBA, his numbers would look like this:

grin.gif
I like how you conveniently left out that he has won 2 MVP's back to back.

As for D. Wade, I'm going to have to agree with Shoes on this one. If his career ended right now, D. Wade is not in. Obviously if he continues his current production for another 4 or 5 years, he's a lock.

grin.gif
Are you kidding?  Try 28 7 and 7 for his career average.  Lebron also has 2 MVPs.   Wade has none. 

grin.gif
Something tells me you were looking at his career ALL STAR averages.

Lebron's avereaged 28, 7, and 7.  He's also got 2 MVPs which you strangely left out.

Whether you agree with Wade being a sure-bet HOF'er or not, a ring for any player does NOT=HOF.

No one is forgetting the 2 MVPs, but that does not make him clear cut HOF at this stage in his career.

*And yeah, I was in a hurry and posted playoff stats...same shhh different toilet.

Those that think Lebron is a sure bet HOF already, let me ask why do you feel that way?

I mean besides the fact that you have his numbers wrong, those were his All Star Game numbers you posted...

His Career Numbers read more like this: 27.8ppg 7.0 apg 7 rpg 1.7 spg and almost a full block a game

Rookie of the Year
All Rookie First Team
2 MVP's
6 All Star game Appearances
2 All Star Game MVP's
6 All NBA
4 First team all NBA
2 Second Team
2 First team all defense
1 Scoring Champion
1 Olympic Gold Medal
1 Olympic Bronze Medal
34 Career triple doubles (currently ranked 5th all time)

Sounds like a HOF career to me

Back
Top Bottom