In your opinion, are there any sure-bet HOF'ers in the NBA who are under 30 years old?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Honestly, the HOF is nothing but a popularity contest so it's pointless arguing who does and doesn't deserves to be there.

Can't wait for that 2K11 though DJ's...this year it sucked @#$%

lol @ bring this up after reading all these facts by others.

dude just said hof is a popularity contest. 

all your statements show how your nba knowledge is narrow. 

get caught up.

The NBA HOF isn't very exclusive. Lebron and Yao for sure based off impact alone, Wade maybe but less so than the other two.

Originally Posted by Pistol Maravich

Grant Hill put in 5 great yrs. before his injuries and he's nowhere near the HOF radar.

LOL @ "nowhere near the HOF radar". Hill's college career combined with his 5 year span of being a top 5 player in the league will get him in.

Originally Posted by JD617

I'm not sure Yao's NBA career alone would get him in.
Yes on Yao's NBA "career". Like I said Bill Walton got in and he was injured half of the time.  
Walton was one of the best college players ever to play the game. Naismith Player of the Year 3 years in a row, 2 consecutive 30-0 seasons, 2 national titles.

Baketball HOF, yes.
NBA HOF, nope.

With a sn like that you should have some basketball knowledge.
You should also know that there is no NBA Hall of fame.

I stand corrected
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Aye Shawty

Baketball HOF, yes.
NBA HOF, nope.

With a sn like that you should have some basketball knowledge.
You should also know that there is no NBA Hall of fame.
laugh.gif
Wow. 

NBA HOF
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

So (based off of this thread), we have Bron, Wade...and Yao. Anyone else?

I think Tony Parker is the next closest but I can't say he'd definitely make it if his career ended right now. So I think it's just those 3.

Sidenote: I was looking at Yao's international career...

During the playoffs in his final year with Shanghai, Yao averaged 38.9 points and 20.2 rebounds a game, while shooting 76.6% from the field,[sup][9][/sup] and made all 21 of his shots during one game in the finals.
eek.gif

roll.gif

well might as well Derek Fisher and Luke Walton... they both have 4 rings and maybe 5 this year

Originally Posted by lebanesesneakerfiend

people really think wade won't be a hall of famer? come on now.. smh

I don't think that was the question posed. Wade will most likely be a HOF one day, dude has had a pretty stellar career up to this point. But i would have to agree with most that say, he's borderline, probably 3rd on this list IMO I can't quite put him there yet.

Lebron is certainly in, if his career ended today. Yao would most likely be in too, based upon his NBA & International career.  

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

So (based off of this thread), we have Bron, Wade...and Yao. Anyone else?

I think Tony Parker is the next closest but I can't say he'd definitely make it if his career ended right now. So I think it's just those 3.

Sidenote: I was looking at Yao's international career...

During the playoffs in his final year with Shanghai, Yao averaged 38.9 points and 20.2 rebounds a game, while shooting 76.6% from the field,[sup][9][/sup] and made all 21 of his shots during one game in the finals.
eek.gif

roll.gif

well might as well Derek Fisher and Luke Walton... they both have 4 rings and maybe 5 this year

Walton has one, his rookie year was 03-04

Originally Posted by THE GR8

I hate to say it but Rondo is starting to make a case if he gets a ring this year and (possibly) Finals MVP and continues to play at a level like hes been on for another year or two.
He needs to put in at least 5 yrs. of "outstanding" ball and then maybe we can talk about him. Grant Hill put in 5 great yrs. before his injuries and he's nowhere near the HOF radar.
Yes but how many rings does Grant Hill have?? Im just saying, i dont think hes there yet, but if he gets another ring this year as well as Finals MVP that looks awfully good on the resume. IMO if he achieves that this season and puts in not 5 but lets say 2-3 more years of great basketball, and some more playoff success, hes there. Basically what im saying is, he is getting very close, but he certainly still has alot of work to do especially during the finals right now. and i hate the Celtics.

Its a very tough arguement, no doubt about it.

So agreed that we have Lebron, Wade, and Yao in there.

I would throw Tony Parker and Manu's name to the list, but again based solely off of international influence, along with NBA accomplishments.

Im hesitant to bring up any other names right now...

everyone that's won an mvp gets into the hall,= just checked

the only one i question is allen iverson in terms of mvp's in the HOF
will he get in?

Back
Top Bottom