In Your Opinion What Cities Have Been Fashion Trend Setters and Fresh On A Consistent Basis?

Im gonna go out on a limb and say timberlands used for lifestyle started in NY.

Seattle bro. Weather influenced, very sneaker oriented

Also Cali has fashion I live here now, but mainly gets blended in by the millions of bland

DC folks, as a whole, don't do that jean cuff stuff man.

If a bus full of DC dudes came to NY and were walking around Times Square, you mean to tell me you would know they are DC dudes?

Based on what SPECIFICALLY?

Helly Hanson Coats
Hugo Boss
Those coofie lookin hats.
New Balances (not as heavy as before)

DC dudes are wild easy to tell. But I lived in the area mad long, so maybe I just know.

curreny-nike-air-max-1.jpg

Last edited:
New York, New York is the world capital of fashion trend setting.

Anyone that argues this is lying to themselves.

Seoul is a real stylish city.
Seoul and Tokyo are easiest the freshest cities in the world bar none. it's apparent to me that people throwing any America city as #1 hasn't been out of the country.

Japan and South Korea just emulate American Culture thou, im more interested in their own culture vs da far east interpretation of western culture.

Seattle bro. Weather influenced, very sneaker oriented

Also Cali has fashion I live here now, but mainly gets blended in by the millions of bland
The NW style is being used now with all this grey/moody look. Think it's the rain or something. Mid 90s this grungy look was all over Portland. We always stayed fresh with Nikes too. **** Started here

Is this thread almost exclusively about what areas dictated style among their own inner city?  If so, I think pointing to specifics with areas like DC/Baltimore or down south are fine because they've had their own trends but how often have those styles dictated what the rest of the country or world is doing in terms of fashion?  If you're talking about actual influence on a much larger scale, cities like NY, Milan, Paris, London truly set the trends.  

So many on here have this myopic view of the world based on sneaker culture which does have a little cache now but in the grand scheme of things, it's so minimal.  

Is this thread almost exclusively about what areas dictated style among their own inner city?  If so, I think pointing to specifics with areas like DC/Baltimore or down south are fine because they've had their own trends but how often have those styles dictated what the rest of the country or world is doing in terms of fashion?  If you're talking about actual influence on a much larger scale, cities like NY, Milan, Paris, London truly set the trends.  

So many on here have this myopic view of the world based on sneaker culture which does have a little cache now but in the grand scheme of things, it's so minimal.  

I mean, as far as urban culture....Baltimore is responsible for one of the most...if not the most iconic sneaker of all time.

AF1 is a "classic" by all accounts...and a global sneaker. Foamposties too. Urban fashion might be "miopic"...but it's the birthplace for a lot of the trends that go global. You could find a kind in Tokyo rocking AF1's, or has a few pair of foams. Hell, Bape sneakers were inspired by AF1.

It's funny though, AF1 became "lame" around here in like '05. It became a shoe for the "dusty *****" :lol: :smh:.

The truth is in the tapioca b.

I associate lows with ny tho.
It may b wrong but wen i hear sumone say "uptowns" ...af1 lows come to mind.

Mids i associate wit da south.
If u see a dude wit sum dirty black or white mids strapped up no laces its best to be cautious

NY dudes that were cool with people out here were good but a lot of them dudes came down here tryina finesse and left in just socks.
roll.gif
...there's some truth to that. I seen't it. Hometown pride is real there. Side note, how did the name "dopes" come about?

Side note, how did the name "dopes" come about?

Foams were $160-$180. They cost more than even Jordans and other kicks. The OG name is "The Dope Dealers"....cuz only dope boys could afford them, and wore them before they got poppin. Name got shortened to "Dopes" over time.

Last edited:
Foams were $160-$180. They cost more than even Jordans and other kicks. The OG name is "The Dope Dealers"....cuz only dope boys wore them before they got poppin. Name got shortened to "Dopes" over time.
You guys are big on BAPE still in the DMV too, right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom