In Your Opinion What Cities Have Been Fashion Trend Setters and Fresh On A Consistent Basis?

Definitely not LA. Everybody here looks like characters from grand theft auto.

I would say NYC Tokyo Paris and Italy in my expert opinion

Japanese brands are great

Visvim

EG / Nepenthes

ts(s)

NBHD

Blue Blue Japan

Beams Plus

White Mountaineering

Kapital

Not to mention the Japanese denim, Japanese designers doing Americana/workwear better than Americans, etc.

Last edited:
The thing I've noticed about Asian cities is that even the older generation dresses fashionably. I'm not sure if this is because there are less fat people who just don't look good in any clothes or if they are actually more fashionably conscious than the older generation in the US.

These are proven facts by Nike execs though....we the slickest city. We just don't got nobody to put on for us mainstream....and the wire ain't depict us right fashion wise at all
laugh.gif

Crazy NYC calls AF1's "Uptowns"....when they used to drive 3hrs down 95 to west Bmore to be put up on game, and cop forces
laugh.gif
Called uptowns cuz in NYC all everyone else was wearing puma/filas, if i remember correctly, its one of the reasons that hov and dame linked up. Jay was, from what ive heard, was the only bk cat rockin A1s.
What's that store in the Hieghts Geraldine I think was the name where they sold pre release joints ? I remember back in 05 shooting up to window shop.
def was, ol lady had all the fire, when the black out happen in 03?, goons was out inforce tryna grab releases from years past, dont even know if the spot still there but if it is its gotta be on Audobon.

Japan and South Korea just emulate American Culture thou

:lol: no they don't.

In da circles ya critiqing? Yea they do, before da internet they used to have bible books (giant full color backwards readings heavy magazines) that would document & catalog all this hiphop brands, and sneakers..alot of those kids out there used those books as their templates to style.

Is this thread almost exclusively about what areas dictated style among their own inner city?  If so, I think pointing to specifics with areas like DC/Baltimore or down south are fine because they've had their own trends but how often have those styles dictated what the rest of the country or world is doing in terms of fashion?  If you're talking about actual influence on a much larger scale, cities like NY, Milan, Paris, London truly set the trends.  

So many on here have this myopic view of the world based on sneaker culture which does have a little cache now but in the grand scheme of things, it's so minimal.  
AF1 is a "classic" by all accounts...and a global sneaker. Foamposties too.

Nah...for years nike air Force I's would only be found in da East coast, and only 1 season a year . Foamposites even today are overloaded in da i95 corridor over everywhere else cuz theyvsell in more quantities here.

When folks wanted to hop on da eggplant foamposite bandwagon, mannny failed cuz 90% of foampsites went to da east coast. Even when they do get a nationwide release, once they sit, most are simply transferred to da east.

These are proven facts by Nike execs though....we the slickest city. We just don't got nobody to put on for us mainstream....and the wire ain't depict us right fashion wise at all :lol: .

Crazy NYC calls AF1's "Uptowns"....when they used to drive 3hrs down 95 to west Bmore to be put up on game, and cop forces :lol: .
Called uptowns cuz in NYC all everyone else was wearing puma/filas, if i remember correctly, its one of the reasons that hov and dame linked up. Jay was, from what ive heard, was the only bk cat rockin A1s.
What's that store in the Hieghts Geraldine I think was the name where they sold pre release joints ? I remember back in 05 shooting up to window shop.
def was, ol lady had all the fire, when the black out happen in 03?, goons was out inforce tryna grab releases from years past, dont even know if the spot still there but if it is its gotta be on Audobon.

Unfortunately Geraldines is closed, da lady passed away a few years ago and da husband didn't wanna to continue da business even thou da gettin was still good...that was flight club before flight club ever existed $ wise lol.

As for air force I's being uptowns..back then NYC fashion was hyper regionalized based on boros...being that dame was from Harlem, most of da fly uptown cats exclusively wore Nike Air Force I's...queens cats wore pumas, Brooklyn wore Diadoras as BK knights..Dame & Hov clicked cuz he noticed he not only wore Uptown fashion (which could only b acquired by da jewman in da bx) he skipped laces and wore em in a way that depicted flyiness..something Brooklyn dudes weren't known for vs Uptown Manhattan cats.

Nah...for years nike air Force I's would only be found in da East coast, and only 1 season a year . Foamposites even today are overloaded in da i95 corridor over everywhere else cuz theyvsell in more quantities here.

When folks wanted to hop on da eggplant foamposite bandwagon, mannny failed cuz 90% of foampsites went to da east coast. Even when they do get a nationwide release, once they sit, most are simply transferred to da east.

You not understanding what I'm saying. Those shoes originated on the east coast....Then expanded worldwide when they became insanely popular. There are dudes in Tokyo or Arizona that have a collection of foams/af1. That's the point of this thread. Which cities set the trends.

I'll never forget moving to ATL in early '07....going to Walters, which is one of the biggest, historical and oldest shoe stores in the south.....to look for the Royals that just released....and the owner straight up told me they don't get those, and the staff had no idea what they were. Fast forward 2-3 years later....

In da circles ya critiqing? Yea they do, before da internet they used to have bible books (giant full color backwards readings heavy magazines) that would document & catalog all this hiphop brands, and sneakers..alot of those kids out there used those books as their templates to style.

This is true. I mean, look at BAPE for starters.

I'll never forget moving to ATL in early '07....going to Walters, which is one of the biggest, historical and oldest shoe stores in the south.....to look for the Royals that just released....and the owner straight up told me they don't get those, and the staff had no idea what they were. Fast forward 2-3 years later....

Gotcha.

Is this thread almost exclusively about what areas dictated style among their own inner city?  If so, I think pointing to specifics with areas like DC/Baltimore or down south are fine because they've had their own trends but how often have those styles dictated what the rest of the country or world is doing in terms of fashion?  If you're talking about actual influence on a much larger scale, cities like NY, Milan, Paris, London truly set the trends.  

So many on here have this myopic view of the world based on sneaker culture which does have a little cache now but in the grand scheme of things, it's so minimal.  
AF1 is a "classic" by all accounts...and a global sneaker. Foamposties too.

I remember waiting for white on white AF1s to drop ONCE every year. If you didn't go and grab a couple pairs right then you were SOL and stuck with old dustys until the re up next year.

AF1's are most definitely a global and classic sneaker but Foamposites? I've literally never seen those in any European country I've been to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom