Incarcerated For 5 Months, Case Goes To Trial and I am Found Not Guilty... Compensation?

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

thats f'd up how the d.a. wasnt even worried about justice, he just wanted a W on his record. messed up system.

Exactly. Tried his HARDEST to get me to fold so he wouldn't have the L.

laugh.gif
It was so hilarious to see his case and his leverage melt away. Watched dude sweat the whole trial.

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

thats f'd up how the d.a. wasnt even worried about justice, he just wanted a W on his record. messed up system.

Exactly. Tried his HARDEST to get me to fold so he wouldn't have the L.

laugh.gif
It was so hilarious to see his case and his leverage melt away. Watched dude sweat the whole trial.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

can you sue the people who falsely accused you?

yeah.

look into civil lawsuits.

this, 100%, start calling lawyers, they refer you at worst
and yes, its sad how hard they go for a conviction, evidence or not.
thing is this will never change since this system doesn't affect anyone in politics, they get the pass.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

can you sue the people who falsely accused you?

yeah.

look into civil lawsuits.

this, 100%, start calling lawyers, they refer you at worst
and yes, its sad how hard they go for a conviction, evidence or not.
thing is this will never change since this system doesn't affect anyone in politics, they get the pass.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

were you falsely accused or not found guilty?

Both.

Originally Posted by Lamak

What got you box time? Stabbed someone?

Almost broke a dudes nose.

Also, ever since this happened I always wanted to somehow document the things that happen in this process, so that more dudes are aware that you don't HAVE to cop out. I seen all the tricks the D.A. tried to pull. No reason to keep it to myself. Would this be something people would want to see and would check out?

Both.

Also, ever since this happened I always wanted to somehow document the things that happen in this process, so that more dudes are aware that you don't HAVE to cop out. I seen all the tricks the D.A. tried to pull. No reason to keep it to myself. Would this be something people would want to see and would check out?

Originally Posted by KingJames23

laugh.gif
@ you wanting compensation

Mad funny. I guess you wouldn't mind being in jail away from your family and daughter for any time span. Then when it was proven you were there for no reason you would just accept that a mistake was made.

Now if I'm seriously injured while being held for something that never happened, I should just take that on the chin too.

You right.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Glad you stuck to your guns and it worked out how it should have though. I think there are probably more people than we hear of who cop a plea knowing they're innocent b/c the thought of doing major time is scary as hell.

THIS.

I was going to law library every day, listening to dudes situations. And I was just sick sometimes.

30t6p3b.gif
this happened to me... I took a plea of time served even though I knew I was innocent... but if found guilty I was looking at like 3 years just didn't wanna risk it... but props to you for going through with it

Glad you stuck to your guns and it worked out how it should have though. I think there are probably more people than we hear of who cop a plea knowing they're innocent b/c the thought of doing major time is scary as hell.

THIS.

I was going to law library every day, listening to dudes situations. And I was just sick sometimes.

30t6p3b.gif
this happened to me... I took a plea of time served even though I knew I was innocent... but if found guilty I was looking at like 3 years just didn't wanna risk it... but props to you for going through with it

laugh.gif

Mad funny. I guess you wouldn't mind being in jail away from your family and daughter for any time span. Then when it was proven you were there for no reason you would just accept that a mistake was made.

Now if I'm seriously injured while being held for something that never happened, I should just take that on the chin too.

You right.

Good edit James23.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by philly5fan

THIS.

30t6p3b.gif

Yeah, I was facing 5-25.
tired.gif

Good edit James23.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by philly5fan

THIS.

30t6p3b.gif

Yeah, I was facing 5-25.
tired.gif

Both.

Definitely

Both.

Definitely

OP- you would maybe have to file a civil rights case for wrongful prosecution. Seems like the DA knew that this was a bogus case from the beginning. As time went on, it was obvious that there was insufficient evidence to continue prosecuting, but since a guilty plea is a win for the DAs overall record, he or she proceeded with the hopes of you folding and taking a plea deal, hence the numerous offers that they kept making as it got closer and closer to the trial. Prosecutors have an ethical duty to dismiss cases that lack evidence or are just flat out frivolous. Seems like you were just someone ho they thought was not too intelligent and would fold under pressure. Definetly hire an attorney and go after the elected DA who went forward with these charges. It never looks good for a DA when he's being sued for unethical behavior and he will definetly feel the political pressure once you file your case. I would go and hire an attorney ASAP!

OP- you would maybe have to file a civil rights case for wrongful prosecution. Seems like the DA knew that this was a bogus case from the beginning. As time went on, it was obvious that there was insufficient evidence to continue prosecuting, but since a guilty plea is a win for the DAs overall record, he or she proceeded with the hopes of you folding and taking a plea deal, hence the numerous offers that they kept making as it got closer and closer to the trial. Prosecutors have an ethical duty to dismiss cases that lack evidence or are just flat out frivolous. Seems like you were just someone ho they thought was not too intelligent and would fold under pressure. Definetly hire an attorney and go after the elected DA who went forward with these charges. It never looks good for a DA when he's being sued for unethical behavior and he will definetly feel the political pressure once you file your case. I would go and hire an attorney ASAP!

laugh.gif

You right.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be pissed but just because you want something doesn't mean you're gonna get it.

The fact was that you didn't post bail and you were held for your trial and found not guilty doesn't merit compensation. The fact that you were indicted and went to trial means that there was at least something there. And not guilty doesn't mean the defendant didn't do it, just means that the prosecution didn't meet it's burden of proof (in no way am I saying anything about your case, it's a general statement).

For you're civil case you're gonna have to show that they knowingly accused you of something you didn't do. Or prove that the DA knew there was an insufficient case but still went ahead If every single person that was locked up before trial and was found not guilty went and sued their accuser, the legal system would turn into a circus.

laugh.gif

You right.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be pissed but just because you want something doesn't mean you're gonna get it.

The fact was that you didn't post bail and you were held for your trial and found not guilty doesn't merit compensation. The fact that you were indicted and went to trial means that there was at least something there. And not guilty doesn't mean the defendant didn't do it, just means that the prosecution didn't meet it's burden of proof (in no way am I saying anything about your case, it's a general statement).

For you're civil case you're gonna have to show that they knowingly accused you of something you didn't do. Or prove that the DA knew there was an insufficient case but still went ahead If every single person that was locked up before trial and was found not guilty went and sued their accuser, the legal system would turn into a circus.

welcome home homie
pimp.gif

get paid... seriously tho... white pages.. leave messages, whatever u hafta do

o and try n sound as intelligent as possible, there are plenty of lawyers out there thatll take a risk on u if u really dont have any other priors n this bs went down as u say

welcome home homie
pimp.gif

get paid... seriously tho... white pages.. leave messages, whatever u hafta do

o and try n sound as intelligent as possible, there are plenty of lawyers out there thatll take a risk on u if u really dont have any other priors n this bs went down as u say

Originally Posted by StillIn729

5 months for $100k a year? yeah I could do that

good luck OP, you def will be getting some kid of money one way or another

word. never cop out if u know ur innocent...hell sometimes you'll be guilty and you can still get away scott free.
pimp.gif

lawyer money gotta be there though, no rookies doing pro bono.....

Back
Top Bottom