INDIE Music Thread

Benjamin Booker - Have You Seen My Son?, Always Waiting, Old Hearts, & Violent Shiver

This kid is the truth... Gotdamn... :smokin

Kinda just discovered this so please push this at the top of my favorite indie releases of this year... I'm so sorry I didn't hear this kid's release sooner. So melodic, raw, & noisy t the same time...

Last edited:
Bibio - More Excuses

MGMT - Congratulations (Erol Alkan Remix) & Siberian Breaks (Ed Bangers All Stars Remix)

Last edited:
Love Trap-Official Video

Joey Stylez is the chief of all Indians. In the last year, Joey has been on point, he's just dropped his newest mix-tape, 'Medicine Man'. What sets this mix-tape aside, is that each song has a video included. Joey's lyrics are among the best in Canada, his delivery and dedication to his native roots has created an iconic buzz throughout the Canadian hip-hop scene.

They're finally back. I could cry man, **** is poetry
frown.gif
Been listening to a lot of Jon Hopkins recently

In 2014 my favorite things were

Anything P.C. Music put out
Bok Bok
Any track Kelela was on
Pure X - Angel
Dat Oven - Icy Lake
Liars - Mess
Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness
Lil Silva - Mabel
Banks - Goddess
Felicita - Frenemies
Dutch E Germ - In Rak Dust
Evian Christ - Waterfall
Grouper - Ruins
Sun Kil Moon - Benji

My favorite single songs of the year were probably QT - Hey QT, SOPHIE - Hard, Doss - The Way I Feel, Maria Minerva - The Beginning, Sun Kil Moon - Carissa.

I probably liked a lot more but I can't remember.

Recently heard their album and it instantly leapfrogged into the top albums I have heard this year. So damn good, straight up guitar and shoegaze bliss.

I saw Wet live a few weeks ago and they are pretty incredible. That chicks voice is like a dream.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I know it's late but I'm curious to see what some of your favorite albums of the year are. Personally, it was hard for me to pick 10 albums -- I moreso had a top 5, I spent most of the year listening to older tunes so I wasn't really all that caught up in the music scene of 2014. Nevertheless, here is my top 10 for 2014 (EPs included):

1. Alvvays - Alvvays

2. St. Vincent - St. Vincent

3. Slow Magic - How to Run Away

4. Mac DeMarco - Salad Days

5. ODESZA - In Return

6. Travi$ Scott - Days Before Rodeo

7. Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness

8. Vince Staples - Hell Can Wait EP

9. Wet - Wet EP

10. Les Sins - Michael

Last edited:
Broken Social Scene - Golden Facelift

I love this band...

getting over the remnants of the stomach flu & hearing this song has helped cheer me up & bring life back to my face...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom