indiglo 14- 8/13/16

Think that the Metallic 5 release is the retail peak of this oversaturrated sneaker market... When an OG colorway in CLOSE to OG form with NA branding cannot sell out, it speaks volumes as to the where this sneaker market is headed... I'm hoping indiglos sit long enough to go on discount, and that JB/Nike notices these trends and brings prices down to an inflation plausible amount (150-175 on OG's with NA/remastered treatment) as opposed the idiotic $200+ category that has caused umpteen retros to sit in 2015-16

Think that the Metallic 5 release is the retail peak of this oversaturrated sneaker market... When an OG colorway in CLOSE to OG form with NA branding cannot sell out, it speaks volumes as to the where this sneaker market is headed... I'm hoping indiglos sit long enough to go on discount, and that JB/Nike notices these trends and brings prices down to an inflation plausible amount (150-175 on OG's with NA/remastered treatment) as opposed the idiotic $200+ category that has caused umpteen retros to sit in 2015-16
with conversions, on release in Europe ends up being discount anyway

Nike is just doing what they should have done a long time ago, which is to take the power away from the reseller.

They are selling exponentially more units at a higher price point than ever before.

They are winning in every sense.

They could have easily cut the production run in half for the recent retro 5s so that they would "sell out" on release day, but why should they?

It doesn't benefit them to leave millions of dollars on the table and let the resellers profit off of their product.

It's a simple equation.  

Make enough product to satiate the masses + charge enough to counter any secondary market increase.

I've been waiting for these to retro but I'm not going to grab right away, I feel like I can wait for a lower price

Nike is just doing what they should have done a long time ago, which is to take the power away from the reseller.

They are selling exponentially more units at a higher price point than ever before.
They are winning in every sense.

They could have easily cut the production run in half for the recent retro 5s so that they would "sell out" on release day, but why should they?
It doesn't benefit them to leave millions of dollars on the table and let the resellers profit off of their product.

It's a simple equation.  
Make enough product to satiate the masses + charge enough to counter any secondary market increase.

It's a slippery slope though.. Part of the allure of retros is that they have always had somewhat limited availability in terms of time as you never know when (or if) they will retro again and you can buy for retail.

Only when resellers think they can make money. This thread is 17 pages so I dont think these will sell out.

the resell game is a dying breed as far as sneakers is concerned. it's a buyers market right now. I dont even feel like I need to rush to buy these because I know theyll stick around for a few weeks

It's a slippery slope though.. Part of the allure of retros is that they have always had somewhat limited availability in terms of time as you never know when (or if) they will retro again and you can buy for retail.
I agree that keeping that allure and exclusivity has become an important factor in today's market, but Jordan has done a pretty good job in that department as well.

Not every retro needs to be hyper exclusive.

If you've noticed, they've been picking their spots with limited releases.

For the most part, highly touted OGs have been made in plentiful numbers.

They've saved the more limited releases for special editions or collaborations such as Fragment, Public School, Just Don, Supreme, etc.

It's a pretty smart strategy if you think about it.

Drive hype with exclusives and collaborations, and capitalize on the spillover demand with general releases.

Thanks for the SG vid
Looks OK, not great, but passable.
Seeing a bit of the banana toe, and nothing all that special about the craftsmanship

Dunno how he called these "very, very comfortable". All my XIV's have always required significant break-in time to get anywhere close to "very comfortable"
Stiff midfoot, plus sharp ankle, always added up to a pretty tough shoe for me

^did that include OGs? The phylon is MUCH softer on the original, but It seems people complained about the midsole creasing.

^did that include OGs? The phylon is MUCH softer on the original, but It seems people complained about the midsole creasing.

Good question. I have no memory of that since I was only 16 and didn't care at the time. Although maybe thats proof that they were more comfortable
The retros have been stiff AF tho, so I'm not expecting these to be any different. Doesn't really seem like these got the remaster treatment, just kinda typical XIV

Last edited:
14-17 matter to me as much as 4-6 (my opinion), so to get my laneys now these is a big deal. All I need now are flint and midnight 15s, then midnight 16s cherry woods and breds then, college blues and white and red 17s

14-17 matter to me as much as 4-6 (my opinion), so to get my laneys now these is a big deal. All I need now are flint and midnight 15s, then midnight 16s cherry woods and breds then, college blues and white and red 17s

Thats a big ol' list my dude, especially for some model numbers that JB hardly ever releases
Good Luck to you, must be tough finding after those late-number J's. Not as much competition from buyers, but hardly ever see a release
:nthat:

Thats a big ol' list my dude, especially for some model numbers that JB hardly ever releases
Good Luck to you, must be tough finding after those late-number J's. Not as much competition from buyers, but hardly ever see a release
:nthat:

Big list but idk we got coppers and midnight 16s are slated to drop. I'm just gonna hope for the best lol

Back
Top Bottom