INSTYLESHOES = FRAUD or just EXTREMELY SLEAZY??!!

It's a good idea to implement the cash and carry policy when doing business. That credit crap is dead. And for all you cats saying that this isn't fraud, go get a business law book and research the topic of "good faith" and "fraud in the factum". This just doesn't make sense. They're holding the money for months, flipping it, and the seller only gets the agreed upon cut with no interest. I wouldn't go for that. |I
tired.gif

To koolbarbone, So it did take HALF A YEAR for you to get the check!! Are you located in or outside the US?? Did you contact a lawyer at all??

damnn thatz like hourz of readin here.

but dont get wat u tryin 2 say
-----------------------------------------------
grail status:

[ ] 2001 retro blk 3'z
[ X ] dunk SB unluckiez
[ X ] blk / silver 6'z
[ ] dunk SB hunter AKA reese forbes
[ X ] AF 1 carnival LE orange / blk / green colorway

and of course

[ ] dunk SB tiffanyz

Quote:
damnn thatz like hourz of readin here.

If that's 'hourz' of reading, have you ever read more than a single page of a book in your life? It'll improve both your grammar and your vocabulary.

For SALE: DS AJ 13 Retro 'Flints' for $200 CDN. Size 10. EZInbox for more information.

Quote:
Til then, we need all the cash we can get - including yours. Some of my employees don't even get paid, so what chance do you have?

This is wrong on so many levels. If they're going bankrupt why are they still running their consignment program?

GTR290 I suggest that you get in touch with a lawyer and do your best to retreive your shoes and your money along with any expenses incurred.
For SALE: DS AJ 13 Retro 'Flints' for $200 CDN. Size 10. EZInbox for more information.

Quote:
lets go nike talk..........LET THE WAR BEGIN AGAIST ISS NOW

^^^ funny.
"this is nothin to me
difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week
I do this in my sleep,
I sell Kilos of coke, (so?) I'm guessin' I can sell CD's"

Quote:
If they're going bankrupt why are they still running their consignment program?

That depends on what you mean by "running it." They're running something alright...

They're taking people's shoes, selling them, pocketing 100% of the proceeds, and then waiting MONTHS to send the sellers (hopefully) their rightful share.

How does this suggest financial security?

What part of that statement is incorrect? Apparently they do need all the cash they can get - because they seemingly can't afford to send out money that's just coming in. (in exchange for products they don't even own, no less.)

From what we've heard, some of their 'employees' DON'T get paid, and I imagine that extends from the magazine to the message board.

Considering the above, I think my initial statement - satirical though it may be - seems quite fitting given the situation.

GTR & koolbarbone, you guys should look into finding other victims of this ISS consignment hustle. I imagine it'd be easier for you all to share a lawyer and the resulting case would likely be stronger and more efficient.

At the very least, you're all entitled to your share PLUS interest. Losing access to thousands of dollars for six months constitutes an incredible opportunity cost. Interest is the bare MINIMUM expression of this cost, as you could've invested that money in any number of ways. Don't settle for savings account interest. In my opinion, you're entitled to far better than that and if ISS had a shred of integrity, they'd have paid you 100% of the final sale price plus 6 months' interest from the highest yielding CD or money market account in the country. It would be a bargain compared to the legal fees and damages they're likely to incur should you and others consider filing a suit against them, and volunteering an agreeable settlement is the only way to minimize the damage done to their reputation.

After six months, "here's what we owe you, sorry" just doesn't cut it.

Here is a new issue.........after continuing to wait for payments I finally received a cheque which I cashed 3 weeks ago. To my utter dismay, it BOUNCED. The cheque was returned to me in the mail and I was charged $5 because of the incident. I myself am very worried becuase of the large number of sold shoes I am still awaiting payment for.

This is truly getting out of control. For a company which I had so much faith in to allow a chewue to bounce is beyond my comprehension. I just hope everything turns out well in the future.
formerly "OUTKAST", I am still OUTKASTED!

I hope now that ISS's consigments problems are being brought out to the public, that all you guys get compensated for all your troubles. After reading all six pages I cant believe that this problem wasnt brought up sooner.
Quote:
After six months, "here's what we owe you, sorry" just doesn't cut it.
I agree sorry just dont cut it.
[/b]

LET IT BE​

to the mods: why is instyleshoes still listed as a "legit" website in the thread stickied in JB?

and i call for a boycott of instyleshoes until they have paid back the thread starter and resolved this issue. it's a shame that so many of these shoe websites look like they are run by clueless kids rather than professionals.

Some of y'all be doubting me
But I can do this in my sleep​

i read the whole thing and that really sucks man to bad this has happened to u dude >:
mad.gif

WANTED flint ds 13's size 12

kids havin kids they to young to have babies- MIKE JONES

That is terrible news. I hope you get your money back.

ISS is just bad business, They are using the profits to fund themselves and once they have extra money, then they pay. Glad I stayed away from thier website.
AOL SN = Chewdeezy
My Ebay Auctions

I hopped on board the program early and sold a total of 8 pairs thru ISS. All went well and my money always came within about a month, until the very last pair. It sold on May 26 and all of a sudden the expected payment date doubled from 4 weeks to 8 and here I am 9 weeks later, and not surprisingly, my payment hasn't been sent out. I'm not sweating it too much personally, but i do feel bad for the folks who have many hundreds or thousands of dollars coming to them.

As has been stated by many people in this thread, it sure seems like these funds are being used to finance another venture. Whether it be the mag or something else hardly matters. As baby dill and others have pointed out, there is nothing about the process, whether they are selling a large volume of consignment shoes or a small volume, that would prevent them from paying sellers in a timely manner. Nothing. No excuse will do. When someone buys a pair of shoes on ISS do they take 8 weeks to send it out? Of course not, and what takes more work, boxing up and mailing out a pair of shoes or writing a check?

Lest anyone forget, ISS is already taking 25% off the top for themselves which equates to many, many thousands of dollars. Additionally, the potential interest on the seller portions that they have been hanging onto is worth thousands more to them. Of course, it seems highly unlikely that all our money is sitting in a fund drawing interest for a greedy business owner. But is it so hard to believe that the money was used to pay off other debts accrued by ISS and their related ventures?

Not to mention the victims in this situation are most likely young people who do not make a lot of money and it has a significant impact on them to be without these funds for such a long time period.

Steve's response on the ISS website, "As of late, a number of payments have been held up and we are working to correct this problem as soon as possible." is completely vague and leaves me, as a seller, suspicious if i'll ever see the money he owes me. Held up? Was my money robbed at gunpoint? What possible legit reason could hold up so many people's payments? the answer of course, is none, which explains why people's emails are being ignored and we get vague statements that lead any reasonable person to conclude that as seller, our trust and money has been abused.

My hunch is that it wasn't Steve or anyone at ISS' intention to deceive the consignment sellers and delay these payments, and if that's true, and the problem is corrected, then hopefully it can be a lesson learned for him and and the company and everyone can move on. Though it wouldn't absolve them of any blame in the situation, it would make me feel better nonetheless.

And if the money truly is no longer available to pay people, and to pay them NOW, then legal action seems appropriate. What a sour taste.

Starting to sound like a retired_jordans saga.

JR5
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/font]

Quote:
but apparently im wrong so whatever.

Quote:
and yes i read the whole post but my opinion is still the SAME

Which is it?

Anyways, Method Man :pimp:
pimp.gif

From their site:

Quote:
Instyleshoes.com has become the most trusted and most popular independent shoe site on the Internet. This position has been obtained with a lot of hard work, a ton of risk, and some very good luck. I have applied knowledge learned from past businesses and used it at Instyleshoes.com to create a unique environment. The combination of technology, marketing, and the Entrepreneur classes at Ball State University have come together in this business. I'm extremely pleased of our past and look forward to expanding the site."

:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
:smh:
nono.gif

OUTKAST2, your check actually bounced?

This begins to worry me very much.

All the checks in the past ISS has sent me were good, albeit it took them up to 8 weeks to send mine.

[/b]​

dude, for real, you need to be ruthless when it comes to getting your money. you can't sit back and wait for someone to give it to you. you gotta go get it. we all know that people have been killed for less money than what you're owed. get yourself a ruthless coldblooded lawyer and get the money they owe you, make them pay all lawyer fees and all of the money you had to spend to get the money that was owed to you months ago. there is absolutely no excuse for why you haven't been paid. i don't know steve but from what i've read, he is trying to run 2 successful businesses with only two full time employees at ISS and who know how many (or few) at sole collector. that post from ISS is irrelevent. they said everything they needed to by not returning your emails. by any means necessary take your money. even if it means putting them out of business

Wow. With the added knowledge that they are starting to cut checks that bounce, iss has pretty much lost all credibility in my eyes, and I'm sure the eyes of many others. I hope all of nt checks into this thread so they have an idea of what might happen if they ever chose to deal with iss. You'd figure that dealing with a trusted and established business would cut out a lot of the nonsense that makes dealing with ebay such a headache sometimes. So much for that.

No doubt some people will try to respond to this with their good, hassle-free experiences with iss, but its too late. Consumer research has shown that "bad" word of mouth flies faster and farther than "good" word of mouth - something like if a person has a bad experience at a place he's likely to tell 20+ people about it, as opposed to the 2 or 3 people he would have told about a good experience. Common sense holds that these numbers could be far inflated due to this knowledge being dropped on a highly internet public message board, which is compounded by the fact that this board is essentially iss's entire target demographic. In the shoe world, you could say this is a public relations NIGHTMARE. I hope iss sees that they are looking to lose far more money (possible litigation and future loss of business) than they are gaining by holding on to these good peoples money.

meth as always a pleasure to read

I can't wait to hear what they are gonna say in response to this, its damage control time

this sounds dumb,. but being that there established, cant they take out a bank loan for their business?
OG SNEAKA HEAD SINCE THE 80'S
<------MIAMI-VICE Those are my boys. the dynamic duo of the 1980's.
TEAM-OLDSCHOOL "YOU GOTTA DO THE TIME"

Ya I tried to deal with them once to. I was going to trade them some altitudes for some OG Xiii low chutneys. Talked to the lady on the phone and everything. FYI she sounded like a real B****. But anyway she makes the deal and then emails me the next day backing out of it. I would never deal with them. First off I don't trust them, second they screwed me in the past and third their prices are rape. You could find any pair of shoes that are on their site for a fraction of the price either on ebay or in the forum, if you just wait.

Quote:
To my utter dismay, it BOUNCED.

Seriously? Damn...that has me even more worried...from what I read here I am only owed a small fraction of what others are awaiting...

JM

Back
Top Bottom