iPhone 3G vs iPhone 3GS

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Alright so tomorrow I'm going to have someone order me one of these.. I knowthere's an Apple thread (which I have been visiting) but I just want to know, is it REALLY worth it to get the 3GS considering the difference in prices.The 3GS commercials are showing me video editing, copy and paste etc etc, can you do that on the regular 3G? How often do you guys use those "extrafeatures"?[/color]

You can't do video on the regular 3G unless you jailbreak it. You can copy and paste and MMS if you got the 3.0 update.

^3GS ONLY because Tour is CDMA.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

You can't do video on the regular 3G unless you jailbreak it. You can copy and paste and MMS if you got the 3.0 update.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm a little[/color]
smokin.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]so bear with me.. But unless I jailbreak the 3G, I won't be able to do video?You mean video edit, right? and I assume the 3.0 update IS available for the 3G? In essence, the 3GS really isn't worth it?[/color]

3gs cause i'm on I right now, 3.0 megapixel camera. Sony is rumored to be releasing a smart phone with a 9 megapixel

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

smokin.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]so bear with me.. But unless I jailbreak the 3G, I won't be able to do video? You mean video edit, right? and I assume the 3.0 update IS available for the 3G? In essence, the 3GS really isn't worth it?[/color]

I mean video as in video editing AND recording. And yes, the 3.0 is available. You can't record video on the 3G, even with the 3.0. The 3GS is everythingprevious iPhones has been missing. It is also less laggier.

If I had the 3G I probably wouldn't have upgraded if that matters, BUT I like my 3GS and I'm happy I got it over the 3G, no matter what the pricedifference may have been* If you have the option to get either one, I'd say just pay the extra and go with the 3GS**

*I needed a minimum of 32GB as a criteria for my phone so that ruled out the 3G in my mind automatically
**I don't know %$%* about jailbreaking, my IPhone is still "stock" I guess(I don't even know if I can jailbreak it yet), but if that'swhat you wanna do then get the 3G I guess

Originally Posted by DeMJ23Kobe24Nise

3gs cause i'm on I right now, 3.0 megapixel camera. Sony is rumored to be releasing a smart phone with a 9 megapixel

Source? As far as I know, the only thing Sony is releasing is the C905i to T-Mobile, and that's 8.0 MP.

smokin.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]so bear with me.. But unless I jailbreak the 3G, I won't be able to do video? You mean video edit, right? and I assume the 3.0 update IS available for the 3G? In essence, the 3GS really isn't worth it?[/color]
I mean video as in video editing AND recording. And yes, the 3.0 is available. You can't record video on the 3G, even with the 3.0. The 3GS is everything previous iPhones has been missing. It is also less laggier.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Looks like I'll just get the 3G and jailbreak it.. thanks[/color]
happy.gif

Originally Posted by C Money 88 05

If I had the 3G I probably wouldn't have upgraded if that matters, BUT I like my 3GS and I'm happy I got it over the 3G, no matter what the price difference may have been* If you have the option to get either one, I'd say just pay the extra and go with the 3GS**

*I needed a minimum of 32GB as a criteria for my phone so that ruled out the 3G in my mind automatically
**I don't know %$%* about jailbreaking, my IPhone is still "stock" I guess(I don't even know if I can jailbreak it yet), but if that's what you wanna do then get the 3G I guess
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You know what, money really wasn't a factor.. I just remember someNT'ers saying "Apple have people paying more for the same phone" so that had me like[/color]
eyes.gif
smh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].. I don't wanna do all that extra stuff (jailbreaking etc etc) but %+!% it I guess[/color]
ohwell.gif

Pay the extra $100 and cop the 3gs. I did and love it, the apps launch a ton faster than the speed of the 3g and u CAN tell a difference in internet speed andpaning is much more crisp and quick.
Plus u get video and the battery percentage bar which I love.
Hope that helps...

If I had the 3G I probably wouldn't have upgraded if that matters, BUT I like my 3GS and I'm happy I got it over the 3G, no matter what the price difference may have been* If you have the option to get either one, I'd say just pay the extra and go with the 3GS**

**I don't know %$%* about jailbreaking, my IPhone is still "stock" I guess(I don't even know if I can jailbreak it yet), but if that's what you wanna do then get the 3G I guess
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You know what, money really wasn't a factor.. I just remember some NT'ers saying "Apple have people paying more for the same phone" so that had me like[/color]
eyes.gif
smh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].. I don't wanna do all that extra stuff (jailbreaking etc etc) but %+!% it I guess[/color]
ohwell.gif
man you sound JUST like me, I remember seeing some NTers say that in the IPhone thread too and I had the
grin.gif
face after that like damn, I just put the pre-order in on this +!#*%
eyes.gif
, but like I said(now that I read what I posted again I remember I got lazy andsaid #!++ it
laugh.gif
) the 3G does a lot of what the 3GS does, but the 3GS doesit a lot better from what I've seen/heard, so I'm happy I got the 3GS and I would make the same choice if I had to do it again, even if I had thechoice of a 32GB 3G phone

what's the price differential if you don't mind me asking? and where would you be getting the phones from? Personally, if you're buying the 3G fromsomebody, unless you know them I'd be turned off that much more just because you don't know what they did to it or anything like that, or it could be afraud or something(don't get me wrong it's not bad and everybody isn't crooked, I sell shoes and other stuff sometimes myself, but I have trustissues
frown.gif
(especially with electronics) so don't mind me) so I'dfeel better paying a little more to get it directly from Apple/AT&T and making that work.

And Q3 next yr Apple will sell yall the iPhone 3GSF, now it finally has flash.
laugh.gif

But OP, if u don't care about video, cop the 3G. I'm sure some new jailbreakin will make it so u can record video on the 3G sooner or later

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You know what, money really wasn't a factor.. I just remember some NT'ers saying "Apple have people paying more for the same phone" so that had me like[/color]
eyes.gif
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
man you sound JUST like me, I remember seeing some NTers say that in the IPhone thread too and I had the
grin.gif
face after that like damn, I just put the pre-order in on this +!#*%
eyes.gif
, but like I said(now that I read what I posted again I remember I got lazy and said #!++ it
laugh.gif
) the 3G does a lot of what the 3GS does, but the 3GS does it a lot better from what I've seen/heard, so I'm happy I got the 3GS and I would make the same choice if I had to do it again, even if I had the choice of a 32GB 3G phone

what's the price differential if you don't mind me asking? and where would you be getting the phones from? Personally, if you're buying the 3G from somebody, unless you know them I'd be turned off that much more just because you don't know what they did to it or anything like that, or it could be a fraud or something(don't get me wrong it's not bad and everybody isn't crooked, I sell shoes and other stuff sometimes myself, but I have trust issues
frown.gif
(especially with electronics) so don't mind me) so I'd feel better paying a little more to get it directly from Apple/AT&T and making that work.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Nah I'm going to have the chick order it through AT&T, the 3Gis $100 and the 3GS is $200.. but I think I'm definitely going to get the 3G now that I know I'll be paying my own bill[/color]
ohwell.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].. Later this year I'll most likely purchase the 3GS.. but thanks toeveryone who helped out, appreciate it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
[/color]

My iphone is arriving tomorrow. I'm abotu to sleep the hrs away, i'm excited actually.. and material things don't excite me.

i'm amazed nobody has mentioned how much faster the 3GS is. the speed alone is worth the extra 100.

everyone says the 3Gs isn't a big upgrade just because the case is the same. the upgrade from 2G to 3G was way less substantial than from 3G to 3GS

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

My iphone is arriving tomorrow. I'm abotu to sleep the hrs away, i'm excited actually.. and material things don't excite me.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Which one did you get?[/color]

You can already shoot video on the iPhone 3g if it's jailbroken. The iPhone 3gs is not worth the money. They'll release another iPhone that will beworth it later.

Back
Top Bottom