Is Cali the way it seems in music videos and what not?

I wanna visit that chill dom Kennedy cali, house parties with the homies and cool hipster chicks

sf becoming really expensive. :x be prepared to have some money when you are out here

sd with them snow bunnies :smokin

get yourself a pair of chucks and not ballys

Last edited:
I haze to visit Cali one day to find out for myself. This NY weather has me going crazy

pimp.gif
appreciation thread in disguise

Last edited:
So I hear the traffic is buns.

Anybody live in the main city area? Like Downtown LA or San Fran?

I live on Downtown Dallas and I absolutely love it... So I can only imagine what LA and SF is like.

Removing the traffic from the equation, how is it?

If I had the chance to pull in $130k+...

I'd be in LA tomorrow.

Last edited:
I've lived in San Diego, and let me say it was the best place I've ever lived. It is truly awesome, the only drawback is in order to fully enjoy it, you need above average income. But it is the best city I've ever lived in.

Serious question:

What is the "culture" like in Cali?

Is it really that different than the East Coast? I've lived in the DC area most of my life and it's like everybody is on a 100 ALL the time. It's almost like ppl hop out the bed in the morning saying "I wish a _____ would"

It'd be nice to live somewhere where ppl actually speak and everybody ain't pissed off all the time.

Cali is amazing 
nthat.gif

Lived here my whole life.

San Diego is my favorite city. L.A. is a close second but I hate the traffic. But yeah there's sooo much stuff

to do out here and you really can't beat the weather. 

:rofl:

Same fools who act like they know everything never even been to cali.
:lol:

Seriously tho, living in SF, i really feel like im living in the future.
Def living on another planet out here in cali. Its nothing like the rest of the states, except LA.
Cali is where its at on some chill vibe.
But im from the east so thats what i like more.

Last edited:
Serious question:

What is the "culture" like in Cali?

Is it really that different than the East Coast? I've lived in the DC area most of my life and it's like everybody is on a 100 ALL the time. It's almost like ppl hop out the bed in the morning saying "I wish a _____ would"

It'd be nice to live somewhere where ppl actually speak and everybody ain't pissed off all the time.

SoCal peeps are chill but a whole lot a people are stuck up / rude / think they somebody

People aren't pissed, but don't wanna be bothered

Nicest people i've met have been from other states..
Dude from NY made me feel like I was his fam :lol:

Either way, CA is indeed >*

i don't think cali is the place for me 
frown.gif

seasons are my thing...i enjoy upper 20s/lower 30 degree days in january to the 85 degree days of july (depending on the humidity)...but CA is always a fun visit

i love visiting my uncle in San Clemente OC...and visiting LA and SD (liked SD more) but i wouldn't survive in a place that lacks public transit, sitting in a car all day is no bueno...

never been up to Norcal but is it true it doesn't really get any warmer than the 70s?...i couldn't enjoy the beach in 70 degree weather, gotta be like 85+...
frown.gif

everything else seems nice tho...

Last edited:
To the Cali people, don't you guys sometimes want a 50-60 degree day. Rock a sweater, a hoodie, that brisk cool weather? 

I like that springtime/fall weather, but it seems like you guys constantly have 70-90 degree weather year round or am I wrong. Clarify please. 

Orange County checking in.

Wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Once I graduate I pray to god I get my residency back in the OC. 

The food, the weather, the people, the culture, everything about California from San Diego to the Yay area is just absolutely breath taking. There really is nothing like it anywhere else. 

I mean where else can you go surf and snowboard with an hour drive? Wine tasting and 5 star dining in Napa to getting some authentic Mexican food at El Farolito in SF? Hipster coffee shops in LA to Little Saigon or Koreatown in the OC for some great Vietnamese food or All You Can Eat Korean BBQ? Hell even the Central Valley has its perks(albeit not many). 

That bullet train needs to hurry up and finish so I can take hour long trips from the OC to SF. 

California
pimp.gif

been planning a visit for the longest time, want to go to LA but my friend is saying the nightlife is gonna suck because all the places are exclusive

To the Cali people, don't you guys sometimes want a 50-60 degree day. Rock a sweater, a hoodie, that brisk cool weather? 

I like that springtime/fall weather, but it seems like you guys constantly have 70-90 degree weather year round or am I wrong. Clarify please. 

Why have times where it gets brisk and you can throw a hoodie on or whatever but it's a rarity that it gets cold for long periods of times.

I own like 3 sweaters one hoodie one jacket and a nice cardigan lol last thing you need in Cali so cal is a dam jacket

Went there my first time when I was like 7 or 8 and my mom said I said something like "I've belong here."

Second time was like 2 weeks ago and I gotta tell you coming from NJ it is a whole other world.

70 degrees no humidity
You see people who either look like want to be stars to laid back hippie-type.
I fell in love with south beach simply because of the chill atmosphere.
Traffic is a female dog though

Back
Top Bottom