Is Darren McFadden a bust?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Somebody PLEASE explain to me why individuals need to be labeled as a bust or not so early in their career????? This is getting absurd.
smh.gif

Because they are getting paid more than veterans who have proved themselves.

So thats THEIR fault??

Thats an absolutely awful argument and please dont even make a case for that.

I know its not their fault but money dont lie.

Tyler Thigpen and JaMarcus Russell can have similar production but youd pissed with JaMarcus because hes getting paid millions of dollars. its smple logic. You want a return on your investment. If every rookie got paid the minium for like 3 years, you wont feel as used when the guy is a bust like Ryan Leaf, Akill Smith, Tim Couch etc and walks off with more money than Tom Brady did for his first 5 years.

You cant say that you know its not their fault then claim that the money dont lie. Thats a contradiction.

It might seem like simple logic, but theres no correlation. Just because one players rookie contract is more than another player's does not qualify him as a bust. Thats ridiclous to even think that.

You dont care about the return on your investment because its not your investment. Whether or not you think a player is bust has nothing to do with the money they make. Youre not paying him. (Dont give me this "im a fan, im indirectly paying him" stuff. That doesnt work)

Money is NO factor in determining a rookie bust.

The fact that DMC hasn't shown a glimmer of hope this season is reason enough to draw the conclusion that he is at least on pace to being a bust as of right now.
He is projected to have 260 yds this season.
sick.gif

Yupppppp, this MUST mean he's a bust.
eyes.gif
smh.gif

People always want an immediate return with their teams players and are incredibly quick to judge. Its unfair.

roll.gif
Seriously is Darren McFadden your relative or something?

Anybody with some sense knows money kinda correlates to if a player is a bust or not. Why dont you see 4-7 rounders in the top 10 bust countdowns? Becausethey you dont expect much from them.

Why do 1st and 2nd rounders get paid so much money ? Because you expect alot from them.

I will say that with as fans we are much more quick to judge players as busts than we used to be.
For example
troy aikman had a QB rating of 55.7 and then 66.6 his first 2 years in the NFL back in 89 & 90.
jamarcus russell has had a QB rating of 77.1 last season and right now he has a 48.3.

I don't think the bust label was as quickly placed on Aikman as it was on Russell so I guess I see your point.

I would expect fans to label him a bust when he's the Raiders 3rd best rusher over the time he's been there and probably one of the top 5 highest paidrunning backs in the NFL. SMH

He is talented but he does fumble a lot, but I can't say anything about him because he is in such a $%$%$% situation right now in oakland, I wouldn'tbe surprised if he isn't even reallly all that injured right now, he probably just wants to preserve his body untill he's able to play for anotherteam.

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't even reallly all that injured right now,
he probably just wants to preserve his body untill he's able to play for another team.
What the %$!# are you talking about?
laugh.gif

he's "stuck" in oaktown for 4.5 more years.

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't even reallly all that injured right now,
he probably just wants to preserve his body untill he's able to play for another team.
What the %$!# are you talking about?
laugh.gif

he's "stuck" in oaktown for 4.5 more years.
this is what I'm talking about, I'm a raider fan btw...
Originally Posted by 3 Lombardis

An ex-Razorback football player who is a business colleague of mine and has connections with University of Arkansas booster clubs told me at the start of the season that:

* Mc Fadden believes (like Randy Moss) that there is something very "fishy" in Oakland ... he's pretty much convinced that the team will never win with this management/coaching/administration.

* McFadden is concerned that his association with the Raiders will hurt his career.

* McFadden is even more concearned about getting hurt playing here before he can get his careeer off the ground.

* McFadden wants out of Oakland in a bad way.

My colleague predicted that McFadden will never play a full season here because he will take any opportunity to "preserve" himself on IR. He will bolt the first chance he gets to a team that gives him a chance to be successful and win some games. He predicted that McFadden will become a completely different player ... a substantial star once he leaves here.

** I am not vouching for what my colleague said ... I don't know if what he says is just rumors or he has a reliable source. I'm just repeating what he told me. **

it was posted on another forum but I wouldn't be surprised at at all if this has any truth to it.

We're in a bad place right now. So yeah.

Who knows, dude barely got any touches this season.

M.Bush is the only productive back we have.

I wouldn't be shocked if that was true. Every time I see him play he either trips on one of his teammates foot or he fumbles. At least you know Fargas istrying his best when he plays.

so... I guess dmc predetermined that he was going to be a bust.
I hope with all my heart that that isn't true.
smh.gif

he's just on the wrong team. until al davis dies, the raiders will always suck

I dont blame him for playin the IR game
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im sorry but the Raiders arent goin to be good for a LONG LONG time..... from top to bottom the team is terrible, besides a few players and the fans.

Its hard to label him a bust, dude plays behind a horrid line, horrid play calling, doesnt have a QB worth %$+$ so it isnt hard to have 8 guys in the box.

Cable needs to be fired, the entire staff worked from up to down, and Davis just needs to cut checks.

Finally, too early to call him a bust. Has he lived up to expectations? No.

there are a lot of players that play on a bad team and still put in work... steven jackson now berry sanders back then....

Originally Posted by AG 47

Trade him to the Vikings and anyone watch him blossom.
haha but for real you guys are calling him a bust when he plays on the leagues worst team, has no o-line, has a qb that just doesnt care anymoreand has a managment that blows every chance they get. Really though DHB over Crabtree, whos genius idea was that?

Either trade d-fad or revamp the lineup thats the only way we gonna be able to determine if doods a bust or not

roll.gif
Seriously is Darren McFadden your relative or something?

Anybody with some sense knows money kinda correlates to if a player is a bust or not. Why dont you see 4-7 rounders in the top 10 bust countdowns? Because they you dont expect much from them.

Why do 1st and 2nd rounders get paid so much money ? Because you expect alot from them.
Nahhh, Id be saying the same thing about anyone in the same situation as Darren.

Money has nothing to do with this. Of course you dont expect much from a 4-7th rounder but money doesnt matter. Obviously you expect more from a 1st rounderthan a 4th rounder but how much money that player makes is irrelevant.

They get paid so much money because of the awful system the NFL has for rookies.

Darren (and everyone in his draft class) havent even been in the league long enough to call a bust.

Originally Posted by airjordan05

AG 47 wrote:

Trade him to the Vikings and anyone watch him blossom.
haha but for real you guys are calling him a bust when he plays on the leagues worst team, has no o-line, has a qb that just doesnt care anymore and has a managment that blows every chance they get. Really though DHB over Crabtree, whos genius idea was that?

Either trade d-fad or revamp the lineup thats the only way we gonna be able to determine if doods a bust or not

You sure about that?

Back
Top Bottom