is facebook dead? vol. myspace 2.0

its on the decline.. i dont really use it anymore.. i was hoping twitter would somehow buy instagram so they could have put facebook out of their misery,but zuck snatched it up.

IG really killing it though. FB seems to know this too thats why theyre grasping with that failure called facebook home.

it really is h00drat book as OP mentioned

Last edited:
its not dead, but it definitely hit its peak...in hindsight it was pretty smart for them to buy instagram.
yep.

I see more and more people turning their attention to instagram then fb now.

I don't see as much personal photos being uploaded on fb. people stay sticking with Instagram and twitter.

I find myself not going on fb on the reg anymore

facebook been dead to me since its inception.  same with myspace.  don't need ****** to know my every thought and action and don't need to know ****** either.  #getoffmylawn

It's a life staple, thats permeated the mainstream. Its too deeply ingrained for it to fully die off. FB isnt going anywhere. Never had one, likely never will.

my issue with social networking in general has become

that it isn't, "hey I LIKE this post/picture/tweet, so I'm going to Like it"

its...

"hey I LIKE this post [COLOR=#red]AND it's posted by someone I LIKE[/COLOR], so I'm going to Like it."

social networking to me was awesome when it kinda broke that barrier of social awkwardness and allowed everyone to interact with everyone

it got lame when it became cliquey like real life

Not dead yet but it's declining really fast. Only use it for sneaker groups and news now.

i feel like fbook & social networking is fake in general. whenever i like one's post or picture, i dont really care about it. like the person above me said, i like pics and posts that i agree with, and also to give a friend a boost of self-esteem, cause who doesnt like "likes?" another thing i noticed is people like posts & pictures with mob mentality. for example, ppl arent going to like a post or picture if nobody else is liking or commenting on it, but as soon as about 3-5 ppl like the pic, the mob mentality ensues with a flood of ppl liking and commenting. its weird and i believe facebook shud be used moderately, like everything else, because at the end of the day, its the internet, not real life, and everyone is more worried about their own statuses and pictures than they are of the stuff on their facebook friend's profiles.

but i still facebook everyday so dont take what i say so serious... it was just an observation
wink.gif

Mark Zuckerberg is a genius. He acquired both snap chat and Instagram, the two most popular apps aside from twitter in the past 5 years.. Facebook is not slowing down, not one bit. I have decide to deactivate mine, but lets be honest, that's the minority.

2006-2009 
pimp.gif

i keep it to keep in contact with a few people but im probably just gonna end up disactivating it
since i barely update it anymore and most chicks just post pics on instagram/twitter

they've added so much crap it's become cluttered with a bunch spam and the only people
who update their statuses are ratchet broads and hood dudes ......which is exactly what
i recall myspace was when it hit rock bottom

i notice alot of the people that where late to the twitter bus are using twitter primarily 
and just linking it up with instagram , thus making facebook completely useless

how long till people completely abandon it like myspace?

what was it's downfall? 
what would you have done differently?

Yup. I literally just use it for people who I need to get in contact with.

Mine has been deactivated for almost 2 years now... I haven't even thought about putting it back up...

All my friends think I'm weird for not having one but honestly...

I Just Don't Give A ****

only have it with my core 7 friends from childhood...no one else is getting added not even my girl.

oh and the best years for fb were 04-06

but its not goin anywhere soon.

Last edited:
all i ever used facebook for nowadays is to sell shoes and to make event pages for the bigger parties. i kinda use it to "keep up" with people i don't talk to or hang out with anymore but are still cool with when we do see each other. everyone is pretty much active on instagram though.

everyone i talk to i have their number to text or call.

i always said your facebook is only as lame as how you use it....as far as having a successor, twitter and instagram are too

small to do what facebook was doing as a whole..

Snapchat is so dumb to me...

Why can't you just text the pic
"Gee great a timelimit if when they can see the pic cool!

Who cares! whats the point of it?
Just text it or Gram it
Cot dammit

I win. I knew FB would die within a year or two. Never made an account. Saw it as no difference from MySpace.

Back
Top Bottom