is facebook dead? vol. myspace 2.0

But what if you only use it to keep up with old friends and family, network, and things like that, but yet the rest of the world uses it in ways that are lame. Wouldn't that still make it lame overall.

Facebook made the world a high school popularity contest.

Last edited:
Reactions: ct3
I discovered twitter & FB is now dead to me. Deactivated last year & checked back in recently to see if there was anything that might compel me to stick around, but nope - I don't miss anything about it. Like someone above said, 04-06 were probably its best years.

Been facebookless for a long time now...had it in college...then deleted it when i graduated and got a job. So i wouldn't know if its declining but i did read a report about a poll that was taken with kids ages like 11-15 who usually dictate where the market is trending since they will be growing up and basically running the social scene and all of them said they don't like facebook and its all about instagram. So perhaps it is on a small decline and it may get worse as these younger generations grow up and trend toward other networks

I don't like the whole premiss of it. It allows everyone to pre-judge you based on your online profile...which may or may not accurately portray you as a person. I remember a girl i work with was like "wow all you do is party" and i was like what? "all your pics on facebook are just you drinking...you an alcoholic?" ummm no i just don't ever take pictures...then when i do...im in public or a party...usually drinking...i should start taking pics of me like brushing my teeth...and making breakfast...

"Dead" is premature...it's still arguably the most popular social network overall. Dying, I'll buy into...earlier comments about being pretty much nothing but stupid chicks and do-nothing dudes posting a bunch of stupid **** and pictures are on point.

Hell, the only reason I still use it so heavily is that I'm basically trying to sell my personality and that's a good place to advertise it. If I wasn't doing promo on there, I think I woulda deactivated by now.

Last edited:
I use it to stay in contact with friends/family who live overseas. Haven't made a status since June 2011. Just use it for the chat feature

Maybe its my inner introvert, but I was never that attention starved that I needed to share every detail of my life with folks who could care less about it. If I had something to share, a quick text satisfied that

Last edited:
only have it with my core 7 friends from childhood...no one else is getting added not even my girl.

oh and the best years for fb were 04-06

but its not goin anywhere soon.

the year it started was one of the best years to you?

I guess if you were super popular in college it was cool, but really 99.9% of the world was still on myspace.. and it really didnt open to most universities until 05. the social network movie put the final nail in myspace's coffin and all the ratchets finally jumped ship though :lol:

Last edited:
i always said your facebook is only as lame as how you use it....as far as having a successor, twitter and instagram are too

small to do what facebook was doing as a whole..

Basically. If you're accepting every friend request under the sun, whether its people you don't know, or people you've seen once and they find you on FB, no wonder people are deactivating it constantly and getting fed up. If you know how to control it, you shouldn't have a problem or constant irritation. Of course you can't avoid everything, sense your real good friends may associate with some lames and their stuff might end up on your TL, but you can still filter it well enough for it not to cause maximum over rustle every time "wow, I love this cereal" is posted.

Last edited:
im also noticing alot more ads on my timeline ...along with the fact that if a few of my friends liked something it

suggests it on my timeline

I've had pretty much every social network at some point.

Only have a twitter now.

MySpace back in high school will forever be the GOAT :smokin

Depends if users in China, Russia, India, among other BRIC nations, continue to use FB. But its not only an issue of users in these countries. It remains to be seen if the nation-state and regulatory agencies will police the scope of FB's commodification of information, photos, etc. 

Whether or not American user on this board think FB is dead is irrelevant. You better believe that shareholders and Zuckerberg himself long ago recognized that the U.S. market reached its peak.

Yep Facebook is done. Deleted mine last year. No regrets

(except that i downloaded all my pics and stuff in an archive before i left and now when i try to get em it says it's broken) .... yeah right.

My friends don't seem to want to hit G+ even though I think it's awesome.

I will never be a twitter guy. I have one for RSVPs and that's it.
Instagram is where it's at.

Facebook has to make that money hence why they added all that crap to it to generate revenue. It was better when it was streamlined like in the early days. 

I guess Mark Zuckerburg was smart to buy Instagram because everyone is on that now.

I use Instagram/keek because my chick, and twitter for my blog. FB waste my time to much, I like promoting my blog on there, but I end up getting to interactive with friends, and by the time I recognize it, I've wasted like an hour or two on pointless web humor and artist talk. When I could be working on my coding/blog/or studying...

Last edited:
For my business is still alive and kicking!...for my personal page...meh..
exactly how your wife expects it to be.

my facebook is always popping, da **** isn't da website, its yourself..take for example me..if i actually wanna waste

time commenting on people and interacting with folks over there all day long then you can blow HOURS doing that over there..

once that gets boring i can leave it alone for a min...bottomline facebook is a digital phone book to me, when i need to holla

at someone ill hit em up.

Facebook is all about collecting data about people and the things they do. There is no tangible product that they sell to people. That's why they've been trying to figure out how to please all these advertising companies and created Facebook Home (I don't personally know anyone who installed it). Once Facebook takes that plunge and charges everyone a fee for its service everyone will leave.

For my business is still alive and kicking!...for my personal page...meh..
exactly how your wife expects it to be.

my facebook is always popping, da **** isn't da website, its yourself..take for example me..if i actually wanna waste

time commenting on people and interacting with folks over there all day long then you can blow HOURS doing that over there..

once that gets boring i can leave it alone for a min...bottomline facebook is a digital phone book to me, when i need to holla

at someone ill hit em up.

all of this. it's not Facebook thats falling off. it's how you use it

I read that fb is about to start charging users $3 a month starting November 1st.I thought it was a hoax but after seeing a few articles, I think it's legit. I wouldn't even be mad i* it were true, people need to break this social media addiction.

I read that fb is about to start charging users $3 a month starting November 1st.I thought it was a hoax but after seeing a few articles, I think it's legit. I wouldn't even be mad i* it were true, people need to break this social media addiction.
I doubt it. Facebook would be completely dead if that happens.

Yep Facebook is done. Deleted mine last year. No regrets

(except that i downloaded all my pics and stuff in an archive before i left and now when i try to get em it says it's broken) .... yeah right.

My friends don't seem to want to hit G+ even though I think it's awesome.

I will never be a twitter guy. I have one for RSVPs and that's it.
Instagram is where it's at.
Repped and agreed on essentially all you said here.

I was chilling with my cousin a few months back, and this topic came up he goes...

"yeah I deleted my Facebook"

'you mean deactivated right'

'Naw, I just deleted it'

Long story short I didn't even know you could delete yours entirely. It's like going through an obstacle course though.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom