Is Ghostface a contender for being the GOAT?

Vinnie Paz BLOWS. And I'm a JMT fan.
And everyone here will cosign me on that I'm sure.

Go listen to your Canibus accapellas.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

No.

He's my favorite from the Wu, after Rae... but, no.
o_O that's the response i said in my head before i clicked on it.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Ghost is better though, but Rae is my pick outta the Wu.

Originally Posted by zube42

Ghost has been going strong for 16 years with way more quality material.
true...

noone can go against that because Ghost clearly has one
of the most solid / consistent discographies in hip-hop.

to be fair, he definitely can be put in the top 10.
lyrics, flow, originality, versatility, and whatever else, son got it.
i won't argue if someone says he top 10.
but he's not and he can't be G.O.A.T. because Nas, Jay, and Rakim exist...

ps. and if you wanna know what Ghost's perspective is on this
listen to the end of Paisley Darts from Big Doe Rehab...

laugh.gif

Vinnie blows ?

Amber Probe EP > Ghostface's career.

and Canibus is on another level compared to ghostface. No comparison.

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

Why you always talking about stepping into a cypher like thats all hip hop is about?
word though.

you can say ____ > ____ lyrically and whatnot but it's
a totally different thing comparing them as hip-hop artists.
lyricism is only one attribute...and even an important one
at that, if you're lyrical but you come out with a garbage albums,
and / or you lack tremendously in other aspects, i won't even
consider you great let alone one of the greatest...

Originally Posted by jomitm

Why you always talking about stepping into a cypher like thats all hip hop is about?
word though.

Who did I mention that had garbage albums ? All had albums better than Ironman and Supreme Clientele. Ghostface ain't in the GOAT discussion period.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

What
laugh.gif

Big L had 2 excellent albums. Lifestylez > anything biggie has ever done.

There's a lot more to underground than Paz, Planetary and Warchild.. but give Paz is obviously far better than ghostface. Give Planetary and Warchild some time to drop a couple more albums and solidify themselves and I'll take 'em above ghostface easily.

You seriously think ghost step into a cypher with Pun, G Rap, L and not get eaten alive ? Or compare with Vinnie at his prime lyrically ?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

If you say he's the GOAT, I have no problem with that. Personally, he'd be in my top 25. His catalog is up there among the greatest though.

Originally Posted by jomitm

word though.

Who did I mention that had garbage albums ? All had albums better than Ironman and Supreme Clientele. Ghostface ain't in the GOAT discussion period.
i wasn't talkin bout anyone specifically. just sayin that lyrics is only one part of defining a hiphop artist.

and i don't really wanna argue...but for example you took Canibus over Ghost.
lyrically, you got an argument there, but as a whole? NO WAY he's over Ghost.

that's the last i'ma say bout that...

Ironman
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Supreme Clientele
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Bulletproof Wallets
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Pretty Toney Album
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Fishscale
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

More Fish
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Big Doe Rehab
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

His discography alone should have him being considered in the top 5 but add him being in one of the best hip hop groups definitely makes him one of theGOAT's.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

What
laugh.gif

There's a lot more to underground than Paz, Planetary and Warchild.. but give Paz is obviously far better than ghostface. Give Planetary and Warchild some time to drop a couple more albums and solidify themselves and I'll take 'em above ghostface easily.

You seriously think ghost step into a cypher with Pun, G Rap, L and not get eaten alive ? Or compare with Vinnie at his prime lyrically ?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

Son....

This is straight up legendary... Vinnie did this at 19 years old. Recorded in his bedroom. Are you seriously arguing ghostface (who is obviously dope) is nearthis ? Just listen to the lyrics, the beat... the samples... it's pure perfection. A higher level of metaphysical, spiritual, thought-provoking hip hopthat 99.9999% of teeny boppers are unable to even comprehend.

What
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

Son....

This is straight up legendary... Vinnie did this at 19 years old. Recorded in his bedroom. Are you seriously arguing ghostface (who is obviously dope) is near this ? Just listen to the lyrics, the beat... the samples... it's pure perfection. A higher level of metaphysical, spiritual, thought-provoking hip hop that 99.9999% of teeny boppers are unable to even comprehend.
I'm familiar with dude and I know he's nice.

I just had a problem with how you said Vinnie is better than Ghost, like he's leagues ahead of Ghost and it's unfathomable for anyone to think theopposite.

What
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

Son....

This is straight up legendary... Vinnie did this at 19 years old. Recorded in his bedroom. Are you seriously arguing ghostface (who is obviously dope) is near this ? Just listen to the lyrics, the beat... the samples... it's pure perfection. A higher level of metaphysical, spiritual, thought-provoking hip hop that 99.9999% of teeny boppers are unable to even comprehend.

I have to laugh @ you. As if recording it in his bedroom adds to the mystique of that craptacular song. Your now comparing Vinnie Paz, who's record sales Ican count on one hand, to Ghostface...? Your level of groupieness is disgusting.

I'm gonna edit this now before you comeback with your nonsense response because I already know you gonna say something about "LOL THIS KID SAID ALBUMSALES! I GUESS WAYNE IS THE BEST THEN". No, they are not everything but they do mean something.

He is...

Look at this article http://www.epinions.com/review/musc_mu-481469/content_287040638596

The whole album was a work of genius. The type of thing that opens your eyes and blows your mind as you learn more and come to understand just how brilliantthe material is. Name one MC even approaching this level of complexity and to top it off.. Vinnie did this at 17-19 years old... a high school graduate...nothing short of amazing.

He is...

Look at this article http://www.epinions.com/r...469/content_287040638596

The whole album was a work of genius. The type of thing that opens your eyes and blows your mind as you learn more and come to understand just how brilliant the material is. Name one MC even approaching this level of complexity and to top it off.. Vinnie did this at 17-19 years old... a high school graduate... nothing short of amazing.
roll.gif
Trying to talk like it was the second coming of Illmatic

Back
Top Bottom