Is It A Stretch To Say Dre 3000 Is Better Than Nas? Why?

I mean I mess with Nas but not as much as a lot of NTers but I see the greatness and I understand why people say he's the GOAT. [Micheal Kyle] Howevvvvvver[Micheal Kyle] as far as flow, delivery and yes even subject matter I think 3 stacks might have him.

Now I know Dre has no solo RAP albums but like my ex roomate from NY told me if u took Big Boi off the Outkast albums and left the hooks the albums would stillbe classics now that would mean both Nas and Dre would have 4 undispituted classic albums. But I feel like Nas when featured on other people songs he doesntexcel as much as he does on his solo albums where Dre shuts his collaborators down.

Now dont come in here with stonefaces this is a discussion thread

Originally Posted by asu334

Now I know Dre has no solo RAP albums but like my ex roomate from NY told me if u took Big Boi off the Outkast albums and left the hooks the albums would still
be classics
now that would mean both Nas and Dre would have 4 undispituted classic albums. But I feel like Nas when featured on other people songs he doesnt
excel as much as he does on his solo albums where Dre shuts his collaborators down.

I absolutely hate when people say this. Big Boi contributed just as much to each Kast album as Dre did. He wasn't out shined routinely, he never came witha wack verse, I understand it's mandatory that Dre's knob be polished when ever opportunity but I'm tired of Big Boi getting the shaft.

With that said, your hypothetical situation in which Outkast is a solo effort and Dre has 4 solo classics is just that, a hypothetical situation you'veimagined. For the sake of others keep that nonsense to yourself cause it sure as hell aint reality. Next thing you know n's are gonna start saying"well if BIG was still here, he'd have 4 undisputed classics, tell me he's not GOAT"

This %%$# is real life fam, you can't propose your own hypothetical situations when comparing two real life artist.
As a solo artist, Nas Career>Dre

Illmatic>ATLiens>southernplayalistic=Aquemini>Lost Tapes>Stankonia>

RIP

But I dont think its a stretch at all. ppl will say it cant be just cuz his name is Nas and he put out Illmatic

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Now I know Dre has no solo RAP albums but like my ex roomate from NY told me if u took Big Boi off the Outkast albums and left the hooks the albums would still
be classics
now that would mean both Nas and Dre would have 4 undispituted classic albums. But I feel like Nas when featured on other people songs he doesnt
excel as much as he does on his solo albums where Dre shuts his collaborators down.

I absolutely hate when people say this. Big Boi contributed just as much to each Kast album as Dre did. He wasn't out shined routinely, he never came with a wack verse, I understand it's mandatory that Dre's knob be polished when ever opportunity but I'm tired of Big Boi getting the shaft.

With that said, your little hypothetical situation in which Outkast is a solo effort and Dre has 4 solo classics, keep that to yourself because it sure as hell aint reality. Next thing you know n's are gonna start saying "well if BIG was still here, he'd have 4 undisputed classics, tell me he's not GOAT"

This %%$# is real life fam, you can't propose your own hypothetical situations when comparing two real life artist.
As a solo artist, Nas Career>Dre

Illmatic>ATLiens>southernplayalistic=Aquemini>Lost Tapes>Stankonia>

I never said Big Boi was outshined by Dre. I said even if u take him off the album Dre could still carry the album. Big Boi is very underrated but like I saidIm comparing these two. I mean I feel jay is better than both

And yea alot of hip hop discussions are based off hypotheticals like your example of BIG everyone says he's the GOAT and he only has 2 albums are theysaying his 2 albums are better than anything that will come out in the future? Naw they saying if he wouldnt have died he wouls till be the Greatest they dontknow that for sure tho.

And you can say Nas albums are better but yea career wise never that not with the accolades

YO!
Big Boi contributed just as much to each Kast album as Dre did. He wasn't out shined routinely, he never came with a wack verse
Truth.
I feel like Nas when featured on other people songs he doesnt excel as much as he does on his solo albums where Dre shuts his collaborators down.
Agreed.
I feel jay is better than both
False.
Is It A Stretch To Say Dre 3000 Is Better Than Nas?

No.

I'm gone. DF!!!

^
laugh.gif
son got that thread post swag
pimp.gif

I never said Big Boi was outshined by Dre. I said even if u take him off the album Dre could still carry the album. Big Boi is very underrated but like I said
Im comparing these two. I mean I feel jay is better than both

And yea alot of hip hop discussions are based off hypotheticals like your example of BIG everyone says he's the GOAT and he only has 2 albums are they
saying his 2 albums are better than anything that will come out in the future? Naw they saying if he wouldnt have died he wouls till be the Greatest they dont
know that for sure tho.

And you can say Nas albums are better but yea career wise never that not with the accolades

My point is you can't claim that in 93 Dre puts out a classic album by himself, same with 96, 98, 2000 etc. We'll never know what would have happenedif there was no Big Boi but you can't use that as evidence that Dre is better than Nas.

Forget what I said about Big, maybe i didn't word it correctly but you didn't understand what i meant.

The only Nas album i said was better than any Outkast album is Illmatic, personally i feel first three Outkast albums are better than everything else in hiscatalogue. Once again I'm not sure what you were trying to say.

How could Dre carry those albums by themselves when sometimes he only had 1 verse? And 33-50% of the time his verse wasn't the best? Take it for what it isOutkast is one of, if not the, best hip hop group of all time. And Andre has 1 classic solo music album (not entirely hip hop more neo soul with hip hopinfluences). That's all you can say

I feel like he is the down south Nas cause they're both conscious rappers but they "preach" in a different way where its entertaining and tricksu into thinking deeply instead of these dudes who act like they are beeing deeper than they really are.

The only difference is dre was in a group we dont know if Dre could make Southplaylistic, ATLiens or Aquemini by his self but its kind of unfair to hold thefact he was in a duo against him.

And again no way am i sayin Big Boi is a scrub its just out of the 2 Dre is like Nas but I feel like Dre does it better

Not at all a stretch. Both are ELITE MC's.

So saying one is better than the other is not a stretch. It's an opinion.

no its not he is better and its not even close. nas is and always will be a overrated BUM

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Yea its a stretch.....its even a stretch to say he's the best in the south
indifferent.gif
A stretch in what way because i dont see anybody onhis level in the south and for damn sure its not a stretch in any way saying hes the best in the south.

And as for the Outkast duo BOTH are in my top ten.

^^^^^Scarface,Luda,TIP,Cee-lo,UGK.................(dont get me wrong ya boy is nice but ya be giving son too much props)

nas, because he's done more for the game.
i mess with 3 stacks but he would need to drop a few classics w/o big boi

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

^^^^^Scarface,Luda,TIP,Cee-lo,UGK.................(dont get me wrong ya boy is nice but ya be giving son too much props)
Well you can take Luda and TIP of that list without even taking another look. Cee-lo could never hang with 3 stacks in anyway and same goes forUGK. So that leaves Scarface and i cant see him being better then 3 stacks or even big boi at that in any aspect of hip hop.

So to sum it up......Both members of outkast > all the rappers named above.

No disrespect to any of them because they are all great rappers, just not on Kasts level.

Nas is the greatest ever...thats all that needs to be said for me. But Andre has still done enough to at least put himself on that tier.

Back
Top Bottom