Is it just me or

You could blame the resellers but ultimately it's Nike's fault. If they made enough kicks to go around & did restocks it would kill the resellers profit margin.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Its the internet blog/hype's fault.

Sites like Hypebeast and +!!+@@!#!$$+!, kicksonfire and nicekicks, etc etc. They're making !#%$ overhyped and taking it overboard.
You got that right.
Posting updated pics, and release reminder updates every other day.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Mazz305

You could blame the resellers but ultimately it's Nike's fault. If they made enough kicks to go around & did restocks it would kill the resellers profit margin.

At the same time Nike isn't dumb they don't want anything to sit so they make as many as they know will sell out, while it can be more they would rather be safe than sorry

I'll tell you what's crazier, someones mom, grandmother, aunts and family waiting in line for big releases.... i saw a poor granny freezing her butt for the concords release and she was sitting on her stroller thing lol

Agreed... The Concords basically were the straw that broke the camels back... It was gettin bad up until they dropped the XIs now every release is a nightmare

I'm not blaming this on the Concords because for me it started with the Cool Greys the year before. I stood in line for 5 hours just for two greasy b@tches to walk out with like 8 boxes each. Then I tried my luck at 3 other stores before I ended up copping a pair from some lady for 250. All of 2011 was spent getting a shoe connect that I use til this day. I haven't had to stand in line since.

Originally Posted by old school 95

Ask youselves how old you were when these shoes first came out?

me? LOL! 9 for the ones...14 for the 4's, and so, on & on. hypebeasts and their sites....not even a twinkle in their father's pants yet....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

At the same time Nike isn't dumb they don't want anything to sit so they make as many as they know will sell out, while it can be more they would rather be safe than sorry
Agreed but c'mon how many kicks a year do they mass produce that sit & end up @ outlets?? Why not produce more of shoes that you know will most likely always sell out at this point. I'm talkin Jordan Retros (men's sizes) & Foams mostly.

Agreed but c'mon how many kicks a year do they mass produce that sit & end up @ outlets?? Why not produce more of shoes that you know will most likely always sell out at this point. I'm talkin Jordan Retros (men's sizes) & Foams mostly.
The thing is, Nike doesn't lose anything when they sell at their outlets. Their main customers are not us, individuals, but retailers like Foot Locker and Finish Line. The shoe that people pay $140-$150 for at the store is bought from Nike for $80-$90, and it probably costs them around half that amount to design, manufacture, advertise, and distribute it. In short, by the time the shoes hit the retailer's shelves, Nike has already made their money. In addition, if the $150 shoe ends up at the outlet, the majority of sizes will be bought before the price goes down to the point where it matches the production cost for that particular shoe (unless it's a very unpopular model).
Releasing sought after kicks in smaller quantities and very high prices helps Nike preserve that image of exclusiveness, coolness, and luxury (believe it not, in many parts of the world wearing the swoosh anywhere on your body makes people think that you have deep pockets). Limited releases serve this purpose, and most retros have to rely on the "limited" tag to sell out because they usually don't offer anything superior to the current technology.

I missed the concords and it wasn't because I wasnt at the mall. I've been at every release since and I am noticing that the malls are not getting as many pairs as they used to. I wear a 8.5 so getting shoes never really was a problem it was more getting the money than actually being able to get the shoes.Now I cant get the shoes but have the money wheres the irony in that, smh. When I went to get the cements I had to camp out first and second after all that I was 2nd inline and they didnt even have my size. Now I know its because of employees buying early but having only one of the small sizes is getting annoying

Originally Posted by jamazing

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by jamazing
indifferent.gif

Not sure if srs...????

Ha nah dude he was serious. That's why it was stupid lol. 

Wow all the 30+ yr olds are going to go off but I wont...Your comment(s) does all the damage...

To the madness...yes it is crazy but you have to figure out some sort of system to get the shoes you truly want. If you can't get 'em dont bite on the reseller prices...

all in all, NIKE is winning
grin.gif

people can't cop, people complaining, people reselling and all the chaos, NIKE does not give a crap! they will keep winning for a long time, smh

Yea, the Concord release marked a turning point in copping retros...I copped two pairs of Black Cement 3's 3-4 weeks after release day and there were still pairs left in the store...now its a whole different shoe game...no bueno!

retiring. after this year.... the beasts are getting too strong. much to strong to contend with...

Playoff 12s and whichever of the XIs to drop i can actually secure and its a wrap... see ya JB

i will be strictly coppin Brons... superior quality/performance/aesthetics
pimp.gif

OP in my opinion shoes go through phases. I believe the phases fall along the lines of the demand due to the aging of younger hipsters, trend setters, trend followers or whatever you wanna call them. Every few years and I tend to believe Nike employs a smart marketing strategy that flies under the radar. Ultimately they are successful as it keeps creating the demand and adding a larger and larger fan following. Anyone have thoughts?

I usually buy all my Jordans at midnight online. I have been able to get the Playoff13s, WC3s, TB3s, Bordeaux 7s, BC3s, and White/Black 9s. However the last pair i bought like that were the True Blues. I tried to get the Concords like that and failed miserably. Didn't try to get the Cement 4s as I was broke. So I wonder how it's gonna be at midnight for the Playoff 12s. Usually as soon as it strikes midnight, I put them in my cart and buy them easily.

Anyone try to buy the Cement 4s off Eastbay or Finishline.com at midnight on release day? How did you do?

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

I usually buy all my Jordans at midnight online. I have been able to get the Playoff13s, WC3s, TB3s, Bordeaux 7s, BC3s, and White/Black 9s. However the last pair i bought like that were the True Blues. I tried to get the Concords like that and failed miserably. Didn't try to get the Cement 4s as I was broke. So I wonder how it's gonna be at midnight for the Playoff 12s. Usually as soon as it strikes midnight, I put them in my cart and buy them easily.

Anyone try to buy the Cement 4s off Eastbay or Finishline.com at midnight on release day? How did you do?

Cemnt 4s release is a big fail...all sites crashed, and it took NDC more than 3 hours to restore their service, I stayed until 3am and couldn't place an order anywhere, smh....hype at its ultimate max these days

It is what it is, you just have to find different ways to make sure you get the shoes you want

Originally Posted by Gry60

The thing is, Nike doesn't lose anything when they sell at their outlets. Their main customers are not us, individuals, but retailers like Foot Locker and Finish Line. The shoe that people pay $140-$150 for at the store is bought from Nike for $80-$90, and it probably costs them around half that amount to design, manufacture, advertise, and distribute it. In short, by the time the shoes hit the retailer's shelves, Nike has already made their money. In addition, if the $150 shoe ends up at the outlet, the majority of sizes will be bought before the price goes down to the point where it matches the production cost for that particular shoe (unless it's a very unpopular model).
Releasing sought after kicks in smaller quantities and very high prices helps Nike preserve that image of exclusiveness, coolness, and luxury (believe it not, in many parts of the world wearing the swoosh anywhere on your body makes people think that you have deep pockets). Limited releases serve this purpose, and most retros have to rely on the "limited" tag to sell out because they usually don't offer anything superior to the current technology.
^QFT. Basically Nike wins before the shoes even release.

Back
Top Bottom