Is it just me?

I understand your love for the culture of being a "sneakerhead", but some of us (or just me) like being able to pick up some sneaks without having towait in line. I'm 22 years old, I have a job and an x-ray program to attend to, and I don't have time to wake up in the early AM to pick up a pair ofsneaks. I started collecting kicks when the Concord XI's were retroed, and i HATED how I had to stand in line for a pair. I hated how my size wasntavailable because I didnt camp out the night before. The fact is, I like shoes and I buy what I like. Other people will buy what they like as well. Fusions andsuch are a disgrace, and I would NEVER wear a pair, but as for the market being saturated, I'm kinda for it...why? Because HOPEFULLY when the NubuckXII's and the Spacejams release this year, there will be shorter lines for them. The not as informed buyer will have spent their money on some AJForces andnot have some saved up for the real gems

100% Right. I understand exactly where your coming from. Because of the over saturation, as " true sneakerheads" we are now the last of a dyingbreed. I see lines for some J's that come out, but their full of 15-18 year olds who never saw Jordan play and the shoe their after is some sort ofhybrid/fusion that they think is the hottest thing ever. For us sneakerheads these could be our last days and times
smh.gif
if JB doesn't do something quick.

Yeah JB is like the "other" site....all $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I mean, the Air Yeezy's just made me realize how bad the material was on these retro sneakers....and how important material is to a shoe.

JB is exploiting people, and I just can't support that.

grade A read. i miss those days we needed to put our alarm clocks early in the morning to go pick up the latest heat. those were the good ol days. i hope theyreturn one day again
frown.gif

It seems that JB's concepts are running out... plus add the fact that they lower the standards on quality. It's really never been the same.

fakes have alot to do with it. I think J.B felt they had to keep up with the steady flow of fakes so they wouldn't lose their ground.

And when you see someone with fakes , HARASS them until they cry, make fun of them, school them, beat them up, just do something.

good post

i do agree, the shoe game is Fd up..

but i dont know what your saying about there not being lines any more...still get them where im from (MI)

Originally Posted by GeRAWRd

I understand your love for the culture of being a "sneakerhead", but some of us (or just me) like being able to pick up some sneaks without having to wait in line. I'm 22 years old, I have a job and an x-ray program to attend to, and I don't have time to wake up in the early AM to pick up a pair of sneaks. I started collecting kicks when the Concord XI's were retroed, and i HATED how I had to stand in line for a pair. I hated how my size wasnt available because I didnt camp out the night before. The fact is, I like shoes and I buy what I like. Other people will buy what they like as well. Fusions and such are a disgrace, and I would NEVER wear a pair, but as for the market being saturated, I'm kinda for it...why? Because HOPEFULLY when the Nubuck XII's and the Spacejams release this year, there will be shorter lines for them. The not as informed buyer will have spent their money on some AJForces and not have some saved up for the real gems
I understand what you are saying as well. Much like you, I am 22 going on 23, with a job, and school to maintain. I don't always have timeto get up and go get the new releases, and it is nice to NOT have to deal with the long lines and the chances of not getting what you want. But is that reallyworth the sacrifice of the quality of the products we ARE getting?

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Flight527 -

Thanks
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

And when you see someone with fakes , HARASS them until they cry, make fun of them, school them, beat them up, just do something.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Again thanks for all the positive responses. It's nice to know that there are people on here who are still in it for the right reasons (I honestlydon't think everyone on NT is, but the few that are, Thank You), it's people like you that allow people like me to enjoy coming back to this forum
wink.gif

What JB has done for the past 2 years is a good thing. They're going out and trying new things. Lose some, gain some. That has always been the issuewhomever or whatever something or someone popular does something new. The funny thing about this, is that you will be back, they can only make the shoes youlove unless you want to buy fakes. Stop behaving like 5 year olds and just wait it out.

Definitely agree, but this is like any underground love. Think of this in hip-hop terms: while true heads stood in line for De La Soul and Pharcyde in the90's, hip-hop has become totally mainstream where any chump rapper can make a living. But the underground still exists, you still have Immortal Techniqueand cats like Living Legends holdin it down.

What I mean to say is true sneakerheads like many of us on NT still will stand around and wait and appreciate the game, as long as we get some love in return(DMP Packs). You can't knock JB for wanting to take their @#* mainstream where a larger market exists, they really are not meant to be a niche player.

Originally Posted by Flight527

Originally Posted by GeRAWRd

I understand your love for the culture of being a "sneakerhead", but some of us (or just me) like being able to pick up some sneaks without having to wait in line. I'm 22 years old, I have a job and an x-ray program to attend to, and I don't have time to wake up in the early AM to pick up a pair of sneaks. I started collecting kicks when the Concord XI's were retroed, and i HATED how I had to stand in line for a pair. I hated how my size wasnt available because I didnt camp out the night before. The fact is, I like shoes and I buy what I like. Other people will buy what they like as well. Fusions and such are a disgrace, and I would NEVER wear a pair, but as for the market being saturated, I'm kinda for it...why? Because HOPEFULLY when the Nubuck XII's and the Spacejams release this year, there will be shorter lines for them. The not as informed buyer will have spent their money on some AJForces and not have some saved up for the real gems
I understand what you are saying as well. Much like you, I am 22 going on 23, with a job, and school to maintain. I don't always have time to get up and go get the new releases, and it is nice to NOT have to deal with the long lines and the chances of not getting what you want. But is that really worth the sacrifice of the quality of the products we ARE getting?
Gotta remember though quality started dropping off even before Fusions or .5 jordans ever released. If I can remember right, the quality starteddropping off around the Black/Red Jordan XIII retro release. A lot of complaints on the "paper thin pleather" of the IV retros, the flint grey XIIIretro and other XIII retro bleeding issues...etc. Not trying to be smart with you or anything, but I think the quality has been going downhill regardless ofthe hype...I think all we can hope for now is that the pairs we DO want to buy have some sort of effort put into them quality wise
happy.gif

Well w eare a sneaker community so we should try and make it our business to educate those around us. If we each spread the word to those we know and educatethem on the matter that small change will make a big difference. IT will be a domino effect.

Back
Top Bottom