Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I
really don't get the Hall of Fame being called the Hall of Fame when it
should really be called the "Hall of Great Stats." Bill Walton is in
with 1 ring and an injury-plagued career where he did have some great
stats to start, but averaged 47 games per season over his 10 active
years in the league. He averaged a double-double 4 times and never
scored 20+ ppg in a season. He ended up averaging 10.3 ppg, 10.5 Reb,
3.4 ast, and 2.2 blk in the NBA on top of his notable college career .
To me, this means Grant Hill is 1 ring shy of being in the HoF. But
clearly, I digress...
Walton has 2 rings, 1 MVP, 1 Finals MVP, 1 6th Man of the Year Award, was selected to 2 All-NBA Teams (1st & 2nd), and was selected to 2 All-Defensive First Teams. Not to mention being a 3-time College Player of the Year, being one of the greatest college players of ALL-TIME, back-to-back national titles, a 88-game win streak, two consecutive 30-0 seasons. But you probably have no idea about that, from the sounds of it.

Know about something before you speak... comparing Grant Hill to Bill Walton... give me a break.

Bill Walton has a little over 6.000 points in the NBA. Hill is about to get 16.000. Kevin Durant has already in his fourth year scored more points than Bill Walton has in his NBA career. Bill Walton is a 2-time all-star, Hill is a 7-time all-star. Bill Walton has been named to one all-NBA 1st and one all-NBA 2nd team, Hill has been named to one all-NBA 1st and four all-NBA 2nd teams. He has two, maybe three seasons in the NBA where he put up stats that are worthy of Hall of Fame, Hill has six or seven. He won a title with a deeper team than Grant ever had in Detroit in the weakest era of basketball.. I think like eight different teams won a title in the 70s. And back to back college titles? I wonder who else has that. Maybe GRANT HILL?!!! 70% of Bill Walton's Hall of Fame election is due to his college career. If that's the case, Grant deserves to be in as well.
I agree...and to answer whether or not Horry should .....No
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Isn't Reggie Miller being inducted in this years class though?
He's finally up for induction.

He'll get in.

First ballot kinda guy, Reggie.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Isn't Reggie Miller being inducted in this years class though?
He's finally up for induction.

He'll get in.

First ballot kinda guy, Reggie.
pimp.gif

Reggie Miller isn't even in the hall of fame yet
Thats because he just became eligible homeboy...not like its an iffy subject with him....trying to mis-represent the facts...SMH...

Reggie Miller isn't even in the hall of fame yet
Thats because he just became eligible homeboy...not like its an iffy subject with him....trying to mis-represent the facts...SMH...

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Nobody who averaged a 7 & 5 for his career is getting into the Hall of Fame. He was never even the third best player on any championship team he played for.

KC jones avg'd 7 and 3 (4 if you round up).

Nobody who averaged a 7 & 5 for his career is getting into the Hall of Fame. He was never even the third best player on any championship team he played for.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

I'm sorry, did Robert Horry go on to be a very successful head coach and win a couple NBA titles? Did Robert Horry win a gold medal in the Olympics? Again, it's the BASKETBALL Hall of Fame, not the NBA. Jones is in for all of his achievements in basketball.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

I'm sorry, did Robert Horry go on to be a very successful head coach and win a couple NBA titles? Did Robert Horry win a gold medal in the Olympics? Again, it's the BASKETBALL Hall of Fame, not the NBA. Jones is in for all of his achievements in basketball.

First I said yes, then I said no. Like someone else said: extreme case of being in the right place at the right time. He did what he was supposed to do, but a few big shots doesn't equal consistent high performance for a career.

First I said yes, then I said no. Like someone else said: extreme case of being in the right place at the right time. He did what he was supposed to do, but a few big shots doesn't equal consistent high performance for a career.

NO CHANCE.

Rings mean more than anything, but that's assuming that a primary role was played in getting them when it comes to all-time rankings and the hall of fame.

As a Laker fan though, I would never let Robert Horry pay for a drink in a bar that I'm at for life. He did great things for the Lakeshow
pimp.gif

NO CHANCE.

Rings mean more than anything, but that's assuming that a primary role was played in getting them when it comes to all-time rankings and the hall of fame.

As a Laker fan though, I would never let Robert Horry pay for a drink in a bar that I'm at for life. He did great things for the Lakeshow
pimp.gif

Hell no. Yes he was clutch & made tremendous shots throughout his whole career but it takes much more than that to be considered for the Hall Of Fame.

Hell no. Yes he was clutch & made tremendous shots throughout his whole career but it takes much more than that to be considered for the Hall Of Fame.

Back
Top Bottom