dyson-air-multiplier-fan_2.jpg

C'mon a FAN without Blades..

eek.gif

Heard this thing ain't all that.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

my moms got a $500 Dyson vacuum. its so good that i use it all the time
laugh.gif

if it was a regular vacuum i wouldnt even touch it

Their products are definitely worth the money.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

my moms got a $500 Dyson vacuum. its so good that i use it all the time
laugh.gif

if it was a regular vacuum i wouldnt even touch it

Their products are definitely worth the money.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Originally Posted by ALDY

Dyson's always been AHEAD of our time..

eek.gif

When I first saw them in Best Buy, I was 
eek.gif
. Then 
indifferent.gif
 at the price.
They are the ones who made the hand dryers you stick your hand through in bathrooms? I hate those, and all hand dryers. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Originally Posted by ALDY

Dyson's always been AHEAD of our time..

eek.gif

When I first saw them in Best Buy, I was 
eek.gif
. Then 
indifferent.gif
 at the price.
They are the ones who made the hand dryers you stick your hand through in bathrooms? I hate those, and all hand dryers. 
indifferent.gif

I agree. Their somewhat pretentious spokesman and marketing and outrageous prices go a long way to making you think their products are more revolutionary and exclusive than they really are though, similar to Apple and Blackberry. That bladeless fan is legit though, if you have a Sears you can see them there. However, you can get no name brand ones off eBay/Amazon for about 75 and it's only a matter of time before we start seeing them in Wal Mart, assuming they already aren't

I agree. Their somewhat pretentious spokesman and marketing and outrageous prices go a long way to making you think their products are more revolutionary and exclusive than they really are though, similar to Apple and Blackberry. That bladeless fan is legit though, if you have a Sears you can see them there. However, you can get no name brand ones off eBay/Amazon for about 75 and it's only a matter of time before we start seeing them in Wal Mart, assuming they already aren't

The stuff they make is completely useless and I'm surprised in this economy they're still able to turn a profit. Who the hell needs a bladeless fan that costs hundreds of dollars?

The stuff they make is completely useless and I'm surprised in this economy they're still able to turn a profit. Who the hell needs a bladeless fan that costs hundreds of dollars?

from a marketing perspective, they are very important. they took a product (vacuum), that was traditionally targeted towards women, and positioned it for men.

ps. the fan is awesome, but really not great at what it is supposed to do.

I'll take a $60 vaccuum that last 5 years vs. a $500 vaccuum that works 10 years.

Same thing with Apple, if you're really calculating the financials correctly you probably shouldn't buy any of this "higher end" stuff.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Vacums aren't useless though, unless you like living like a pig.  Sure a bladeless fan is a novelty item, but if someone can afford it who cares.  We have had the animal vacum for about 4 years, haven't had a single issue with it and it picks up everything.  Company is definitely ahead of the game
pimp.gif

Products are very unique, but the company's price-to-coolness ratio is way too high imo. 

I think the most useful product Dyson has came out with is the Airblade (hand dryer) because of the energy it conserves. 

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

roll.gif
Wow, I see the knockoffs on eBay. Where is Dyson's law team at? This is like those Chinese "iPhones" flooding the market.

moonmaster3 wrote:

Subjective. Let's not use the old, cliche "but you're on a site that centered around overpriced, useless sneakers!" argument.

I'm all about being practical but the Dyson REALLY IS as good as advertised. I love mine.

Back
Top Bottom