Is There a More Powerful Image in Film Than This?

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

shawshank.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

^ Honestly, that's arguably the greatest movie of all time, and one of my favorites, but what makes that a more powerful image? It shows Michael Corleone's power, but it doesn't evoke anywhere near the emotions of Derek Vinyard covering up his swastika tattoo.

Your right...the more powerful stuff at least to me is in Part II. However, the scene where Michael finally assumes the roll of boss in the office is quitepowerful. But if you are invested in the story of the Godfather theres no denying the power of this moment

Originally Posted by DMan14

schindler's list, the scene with the girl in red

didnt edward norton change a lot of the scenes and the director didnt want anything to do with the film?
You got it the other way around dude.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

^ Honestly, that's arguably the greatest movie of all time, and one of my favorites, but what makes that a more powerful image? It shows Michael Corleone's power, but it doesn't evoke anywhere near the emotions of Derek Vinyard covering up his swastika tattoo.

Your right...the more powerful stuff at least to me is in Part II. However, the scene where Michael finally assumes the roll of boss in the office is quite powerful. But if you are invested in the story of the Godfather theres no denying the power of this moment

http://www.youtube.com/v/FcFlp6kl508&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/FcFlp6kl508&hl=en_US&fs=1&
I honestly forgot that scene. That one and when Michael calls his son in from fishing with Fredo are 2 extremely powerful scenes.

that pic is the last scene of the movie , right after he lies to kate bought the murders, and after the first big push micheal made as a don to keep his familyat the top. idk maybe its just powerful to me.

Back
Top Bottom