IS THERE NO MORE APPROVAL PROCESS?

:lol:, this is going to be a bad thing. I can already picture most regional forums to be fully blown up within the end of the year, useless summits & "Did I run into you?" kind of threads

Some of us can't login so we're using new logins like myself. But I do see what your talking about though.

i love it , i actually joined today.

been on and of sn's  since 03' because of prior banishments(ive learned my way mods 
laugh.gif
) but i haven't bothered

making a new account since the approval is usually 30 days and what not , today i said what the heck and made a name.

got the neat little auto-message from MM and what not right away.

that was the best thing about this forum, you had to wait & not just join instantly... almost like a privilege :lol: oh well, the dream is over

Last edited:
I can't see them not bringing back the 1 month wait. Meth and the rest of admins/mods do not know the task ahead of them when it comes to banning ppl. They usually had a month to weed out newcomers before a new batch entered. New members everyday? We don't have that many mods :lol:

I can't see them not bringing back the 1 month wait. Meth and the rest of admins/mods do not know the task ahead of them when it comes to banning ppl. They usually had a month to weed out newcomers before a new batch entered. New members everyday? We don't have that many mods
laugh.gif
plus the potential for spambot accounts taking over the board

Last edited:
I also miss the days of the monthly introductions by the new members...son it was on this kinda brotherhood type steez.

I miss when the Admins would post the names that didn't make it.

The iish people were coming up with. :lol:{

Last edited:
plus the potential for spambot accounts taking over the board

hi i agree with your opinion, however CHEAP NICE NIKE SHOES AIR JORDAN FREE NIKE AIR FORCE SPORTSWEAR ADIDAS JUMPMAN CLIMACOOL PUMA NEW BALANCE NIKE ELITE SOCKS NIKE BASKETBALL SHOES LOW PRICE WHOLESALE WHOLESOME AIR YEEZY 2

:tongue:

hi i agree with your opinion, however CHEAP NICE NIKE SHOES AIR JORDAN FREE NIKE AIR FORCE SPORTSWEAR ADIDAS JUMPMAN CLIMACOOL PUMA NEW BALANCE NIKE ELITE SOCKS NIKE BASKETBALL SHOES LOW PRICE WHOLESALE WHOLESOME AIR YEEZY 2
:tongue:

Yeah that's going to be the real issue. I completely took for granted the fact that there were no spammers on this site AT ALL. That's not gonna last without the approval process. And what was this monthly new member induction that used to go on?

Pretty sure it has to do with it being a new platform for Niketalk. And apparently not everyones account can still be logged into. so they would have to make a new account.

and theres still people stuck on sneakertalk that might not know about the new niketalk so we need the new members to keep it active

Pretty sure it has to do with it being a new platform for Niketalk. And apparently not everyones account can still be logged into. so they would have to make a new account.
and theres still people stuck on sneakertalk that might not know about the new niketalk so we need the new members to keep it active
That's a large part of it.

Yuku's been fighting tooth and nail to prevent our fellow members from exercising their right to take their talents to NikeTalk.  We were kicked out of the system after our forums were stolen and, earlier today, they even deleted an account that did NOTHING other than receive PMs from users who wanted to transfer!  That was the easiest way for us to verify that they were who they claimed to be rather than impostors. 

Until we can get everyone back on their old names, we still want them to be able to create temporary accounts if they'd like in order to get started right away.  Goodness knows we don't want to leave anyone stuck on their stolen "SneakyTake."  

The new system is infinitely better at identifying both problem posts (e.g. spam) and problem users automatically, so most communities on Huddler, even those significantly larger than ours, don't need a monthly approval system like ours.  

That said, I think there's a lot to be said for the approval system we had.  It was clumsily implemented, like everything else on Yuku, as users had to make a yuku id, then figure out how to apply for NT membership, but the waiting period meant that you had to spend some time as a VIEWER first, to get to know the site, its rules, and its members without just jumping in and asking "where the size 9 yeezys at?"  

I'm leaning towards bringing it back, personally.  I mean, these automated tools have proven to be highly effective elsewhere and that's great, but there are some social/community benefits to the waiting period, too.

We'll try it for a bit, see how it goes, and then make a decision.  I will say, though, that so far the new users have been great.  This CrowdGather/Yuku situation is a hideous, embarrassing mess, but honestly I think it's brought us closer together.  And that's allowed us, as vets, to really set the tone for new users. 

I received a PM from someone earlier today who'd been browsing for years, but said he didn't feel "worthy" of joining until he took the time to really do his research.  It can be intimidating, especially since we can be a pretty tough audience at times.  After seeing the way everyone's been supporting each other around this launch, though, he felt that now was the right time to join and I think that he, and so many others who've joined of late, will prove to be welcome additions to the NT family.  

Give them a chance, give this system a chance, and we'll reevaluate the situation and make any corrections necessary to make NT the very best it can be. 

Back
Top Bottom