Is this TV ok for my room? *now with pics*

Samsung TV

I have a small room, not sure of the sq. feet but to give you an idea I can fit in 2 queen beds in my room (but I do have a double). I'm thinking theTV's too big BUT I'm getting a deal off from someone who's selling it for around $8-900 and was bought 11/2 month ago so it's still under warranty and has the receipt. Should I get the TV? I'm mostly going to use it for gaming and movies.

Go for it. If it's to big you could probably sell it for for equal or more than you will pay for it.

I dunno how I feel about wall mounts, it's a good theory until you want to change your room around (doesn't the wall mount leave holes in the wall?).Anyway, I think the TV is too big imo. I don't understand wanting such a big TV in a smaller room. It doesn't make sense to me, but if you have themoney, and don't mind the wall mounting, I say go for it.

what is the distance from where the TV will be to your bed/seating area?

Originally Posted by AbortionPortion15

it leaves holes so what u guys never heard of plaster do it

I'm not a fan of that either... Sorry. Unless you wanna come do it for me for free
laugh.gif

^

what is the distance from where the TV will be to your bed/seating area?
Again, an estimate would be imagining a queen sized bed facing diagonally from the right top end to the left bottom end, give or take a 1-2 feetallowance. The guy's offering me $875 btw, I can probably talk him down to 850 but that's just about it.

About on where I'm putting it: most likely on top of my chest drawer. I don't think I'll do a wall mount for it.

I don't understand wanting such a big TV in a smaller room.
That was the purpose of this thread, to ask whether or not its "ok" to get the TV. I mean there's another deal for a 26" SonyBravia for $600 BNIB but why not go for a larger screen which only costs $350 more right?
smile.gif

I'll get some measurements later and pics of my room.

Originally Posted by Much Respected

whats wrong with a big tv for a small room?

It might mess up your vision? A friend of mine scored a steal for a 50ish inch LCD for his bedroom which is literally a room that can barely fit a bedinside. I caught a flick inside his bedroom and my eyes were kinda strained when I walked out.

*for those who are just reading this right now it's a 40 inch LCD that I'd like to buy and a 25-27 CRT to replace
sick.gif

I measured from where my head's supposed to be @ when I'm watching TV = 10feet give or take. Worse case scenario would be I'm watching from 5 feet.What do you guys think?

Pics as promised (yes I know I sleep in a box and sorry for the ninjahood quality)

View from my headboard:
spyxop.jpg

View from TV/chest drawer:
2jb64qc.jpg

Pretty much what you see coming inside the room (notice the distance between the bed and the chest drawer):
2rh33fo.jpg

Originally Posted by r33p04s

Originally Posted by GoldenTicket21

not to big.
a 40inch LCD is equivalent to a 32 inch tube.
other way around

um no..i know what i am talking about.

and if your 5-10 feet a 40inch is fine..could even stretch that to a 42-46 inch. i got a 50 inch and im only 5-7 feet away when i watch tv. and nobody evercomplained about it being to big or to close or nothing.

It all depends on preference and setup.

I have a 26" Sony Bravia XBR about 5 feet from my desk hanging on a wall mount.

xgb2fp.jpg

if you're around 10 feet or so from the TV, then a 40-inch would be fine...

Back
Top Bottom