Is this what's hot with professors? UPDATE on page 1*

I hope you do well on all your tests and great on the final, because you just lost this battle. You gotta really earn your grade now, no help from the teacher

Should've just responded with a simple "Thanks". He may have just been having a bad day, something totally unrelated in his life could'vebeen going wrong, which set up his initial rude e-mail. Some people are like that, having a bad day and feel the need to take it out on the rest of the world.

When fighting with a prof. you'll never win... even if you're right. You were better of to just leave it alone, he was still letting you do the work,so you weren't going to lose any marks. Now you may have put yourself in a worse situation for the rest of the course

if a professor wants to, he really can screw you over and believe me ive been at the receiving end. the mutual respect/understanding b.s is all good betweenfriends but not at uni or work where people have the power to influence your situation. dont take it personally, just take it in stride. if i were you i'dhave never sent off that kind of email reply to him, you're hurting your chances for a request or something that you might need in the future. plus hesletting you bring in the h/w on fri and take the quiz, you don't lose anything.

Yeah, you guys are all right to an extent. I'll def have to earn the grade, but I never expect help from professors. There are tutors and a lot of otheroptions if there's something I don't understand. But I'm a good student, always on time, always in class, and always taking notes.

Blazers I completely understand what you're sayin. And the email did the same type of thing to me, I woke up and saw that and got all
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
cause I can't drive anywhere, can't tie my own shoes,even hurts to try and sit down to take a @%%+. Then I got this dude telling me I shoulda got across campus and on a computer to turn all this in?

I have too much time up in my room to think about things that seem like a good idea...better just put the computer down and play some virtual basketball
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

eventhough u shouldn't had sent that email, its ok. you live and you learn.

its better u go through this now and understand that the give respect/get respect theory doesn't apply with your superiors. so now you would kno betterwhen you're working at your career job.

haha why would u send an "ethug" email to your teacher, he controls ur grade, and now after reading the blatant disrespect, probably has it out foryou for the rest of the semester... in a few weeks ur gonna be posting a " Nt, my teacher is racist, he has it out for me"......smh

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

haha why would u send an "ethug" email to your teacher, he controls ur grade, and now after reading the blatant disrespect, probably has it out for you for the rest of the semester... in a few weeks ur gonna be posting a " Nt, my teacher is racist, he has it out for me"......smh

indifferent.gif
when was race ever an issue? It wasn't blatant disrespect. Iused the same words and tone that were used in the original email. Like I said, it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but we'll see what happens with it.I feel like even if I didn't respond, after an email like that he was going to have it out for me regardless.

^ i know that, but since he is gonna have a grudge against u the whole semester, ur gonna prolly think he is racist or something....

Originally Posted by Step Your Game Up

Wow... can we get the Prof's reply, if there is one?
I doubt there will be a reply, there's not really much to reply to ya know? Just two people butting heads. Like I said though, I'm gonnahang out after class for a second on Friday and see what he says. Much better to talk in person when you aren't as frustrated as we both were.

suck it up. Everyone gets a professor like this. I got into w/ a professor for telling me and my roommate to shut up..

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

^ i know that, but since he is gonna have a grudge against u the whole semester, ur gonna prolly think he is racist or something....

As a "superior" I doubt he'll hold a grudge. And I'm just gonna be straight forward with him tomorrow, tell him what was on my mind, and seewhat was on his. I know nobody here agrees with the decision I made, but it's a lot easier when you're reading about it rather than having it happen toyou.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

well....that was a dumb reply.

your give respect/get respect may be great for you...but they don't apply when there is a difference in power levels.

he can adversley affect your future...ive come across plenty of +@$+$!! professors..just have to bite the bullet sometimes

Good job with your response, guy.
laugh.gif

These are the times where you shut up and submit to the teacher. He controls your grades.

Pride, or future? Hm...

sometimes all it takes is talking in real life.. dont handle something like this via email. when he saw you hobbling or heard a voice via email, explainingwhat happened what ways to do make up is so much easier talking. then trying to understand the teachers tone in his email

i read the OP completely confused... i was thinkin the threadstarer was a lil ayo... then i went back and read the title. i thought it said "what'swith hot professors"
laugh.gif

but wat he did was messed up

i just dont understand people ... how many classmates do you know who use +%++!$@* excuses to get extensions and such? ida flat out said no if i was theteacher as you had ample time to get it done ... in fact, im surprised he changed his whole plan up just for you ...

Back
Top Bottom