its about to be 10 years since 50 put out this classic album (vol time flies)

Probably the 2nd best album 50 wrote.   Get Rich or Die Trying was his best, but this was a pretty damn good album as well.

Not a classic. Good album though. There's an easy 4-5 songs that I don't **** with at all on here.

Last edited:
To each their own on the classic part.

This isn't a jay-z thread nor has jay been mentioned yet so I think we can disagree on it being a classic or not without jimmies being rustled either way :lol:

:pimp:

Really could've done without Yayo on Runnin tho :stoneface:

Based on his rendition of this track, Styles P would've been a perfect feature on that song.

laugh.gif

at the thread title...

I think 10 years is a suitable amount of time in determining classic rap material.
if you can put an album on after that time and it still evokes emotion out of you, then it has met that criteria.
this album puts me back in that era where the Unit was seemingly unstoppable.
when dudes were on MTV Cribs: Whips Edition showing off the bulletproof vehicles.
The spinning chains, the whole team eating,
50 being a juggernaut in the game...smh
Good times associated with this album, and the music speaks for itself.
Classic in my book.

album could be better than GRODT IMO, at least listening to it doesn't sound like dust

For those of you in LA...

f1e102.jpg
i might go to this

@703 Hwy     moreso sarcasm.     game the person comes across as clownish and very bipolar from the persona he gives off and from interactions alot of people i know that have dealt with him.

that said, none of that affects my views on him musically.   fif played a big role in the documentary being great but game has been pretty consistent putting decent albums out so i'll give him that.   

Game has always been consistent with his music.  From the retail cd's to the mixtapes, they have all been solid.  To me, I think I might have to put "Doctor's Advocate" over "Documentary".  Much more aggressive and he was able to prove that he didn't need to rely on 50 Cent anymore.

50's input on this album was always overblown to me. Other than the singles, what did he really do? Dre helped craft GRODT down to how 50 would say certain words so does that make GRODT Dre's album? Documentary is a great album but it's like a Aftermath compilation. Doctors Advocate is a classic though. No 50, no Dre, just Game on his own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom