"It's Gonna Be A Hot Summer." (c) Cam'ron.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Bladebrown

pimp.gif

Lol like dude said its been a hot summer since Funeral Music put Cam's career in the casket for 2 years.. I mean I like Cam but every1 acting like thisdude is top 10 or even top 20... Calm down because he hasn't made anything really worthy since a couple tracks on Killa Season. His few songs in late 08were garbage and I Hate My Job is ok at best... Calm down...

Originally Posted by Essential1

Lol like dude said its been a hot summer since Funeral Music put Cam's career in the casket for 2 years.. I mean I like Cam but every1 acting like this dude is top 10 or even top 20... Calm down because he hasn't made anything really worthy since a couple tracks on Killa Season. His few songs in late 08 were garbage and I Hate My Job is ok at best... Calm down...

Cam is top 20 easy, top 10 arguable. dude got one of the most innovative flows..HE NICE WIT IT B, WHY YOU MAD DOGGY ?

dunkaruu if we are talking about top 10 in the last 8 years I will second that but EVER he is nowhere near top 10

dunkaruu if we are talking about top 10 in the last 8 years I will second that but EVER he is nowhere near top 10

essential1, i'm saying that his position in the top ten is arguable. here is my case: in a world were the majority of mainstream rappers are a homogenizedgroup of cookie cutter rappers following the same archetype of what it means to be gangster with no real flare, cam steps outside of the thug comfort zone andmakes himself vulnerable with both his subject matter and stacatto flow. people may not want to admit it, but it is evident that cam has had a major impact inthe way rappers freak words, repeating them and finding the double meaning in a simple yet brilliant way.

cam is the master of the smart-#+@ flow. he's smart and you get the vibe that he really means what he says (ala "i really mean it") basicallywhat i'm getting at is that while he may not have the album sales or hits as some as the other top 10, he does meet the other criteria of originality inhis flow, especially when dealing with staple subject matter.

dunkaruu wrote:

essential1, i'm saying that his position in the top ten is arguable. here is my case: in a world were the majority of mainstream rappers are a homogenized group of cookie cutter rappers following the same archetype of what it means to be gangster with no real flare, cam steps outside of the thug comfort zone and makes himself vulnerable with both his subject matter and stacatto flow. people may not want to admit it, but it is evident that cam has had a major impact in the way rappers freak words, repeating them and finding the double meaning in a simple yet brilliant way.

is the master of the smart-#+@ flow. he's smart and you get the vibe that he really means what he says (ala "i really mean it") basically what i'm getting at is that while he may not have the album sales or hits as some as the other top 10, he does meet the other criteria of originality in his flow, especially when dealing with staple subject matter.

please direct me in the direction of sed subject matter. I mean I will not front Cam is unique in how he says certain things and has a good flow.. But he issaying the same thing as everyone else. There is no difference of subject matter. He is not brilliant or smart his lyrics are very dumb down.Also maybe whatyou are saying about having major impact is the problem with hip hop today. Cam's impact doesn't really go much past fashion. Yes Dip had half the Gameon lock in 02-04. But that was a joint effort for as many people who love Cam you could find about as many who said Juelz was just as important to Dip Set asCam. Also if we are talking bout Double meanings Jay-Z kills him on that front. For impact you can say that 50 has had just as much impact if not more thanCam'ron. Or Eminem. Or Dre.. Or Jay-Z. Impact means you made a name for yourself at 1 point. Doesn't equate to mic skills. Souljah Boy has had a hugeimpact on the game but that doesn't mean he is good.

dunkaruu wrote:

essential1, i'm saying that his position in the top ten is arguable. here is my case: in a world were the majority of mainstream rappers are a homogenized group of cookie cutter rappers following the same archetype of what it means to be gangster with no real flare, cam steps outside of the thug comfort zone and makes himself vulnerable with both his subject matter and stacatto flow. people may not want to admit it, but it is evident that cam has had a major impact in the way rappers freak words, repeating them and finding the double meaning in a simple yet brilliant way.

is the master of the smart-#+@ flow. he's smart and you get the vibe that he really means what he says (ala "i really mean it") basically what i'm getting at is that while he may not have the album sales or hits as some as the other top 10, he does meet the other criteria of originality in his flow, especially when dealing with staple subject matter.

please direct me in the direction of sed subject matter. I mean I will not front Cam is unique in how he says certain things and has a good flow.. But he is saying the same thing as everyone else. There is no difference of subject matter. He is not brilliant or smart his lyrics are very dumb down.Also maybe what you are saying about having major impact is the problem with hip hop today. Cam's impact doesn't really go much past fashion. Yes Dip had half the Game on lock in 02-04. But that was a joint effort for as many people who love Cam you could find about as many who said Juelz was just as important to Dip Set as Cam. Also if we are talking bout Double meanings Jay-Z kills him on that front. For impact you can say that 50 has had just as much impact if not more than Cam'ron. Or Eminem. Or Dre.. Or Jay-Z. Impact means you made a name for yourself at 1 point. Doesn't equate to mic skills. Souljah Boy has had a huge impact on the game but that doesn't mean he is good.

Listen to "Confessions of Fire." It features both common place gangsta subject matter addressed from an oddly cynical and humorus persective with aninnovative flow, and virgin subject matter. as far as jay-z being as innovative as cam: over all, yes, but cam has had his momments as well, shoot, i wouldargue that they influenced one another, i mean, emcees listen to emcees, so no doubt they jay peeped cam, just like jay peeped big, like he pipped wu. yousaying cam aint got mic skills ? come on man, get serious. you hating if you say he aint nice. he may not be saying what you like but he says it in a funny andpoignant way. what i am saying his impact on hip-hop is, is the continuation of you doing you, meaning, freak your style a lil bit, peopel are gonna talk aboutthe same stories, i mean, the same stories have been told over and over since the begining of man, but freak it a bit, and cam does that, over beautiful beatsat that. as far as juelz, juelz is cam's baby, dog. straight up, he came from cam, and he is very nice, but he owes that sounds foundation to cam. for me,impact doesn't mean you made a name, per say, but that you made people think and be aware of what is possible, whether or not they remember your name.souljah boy did make an impact in the game; its really not neccasary to use that as a negative thing or to downplay cam's impact, i mean, really, everyonein hip hop or music that we hear about is making an impact on us, be it big or small.

All I have to say is, How could you not relate to Cams new joint. I hate my job. Ima pull that up on the ipod everyday for a longggg time.

Originally Posted by Untitled

its been a hot summer since Funeral Music put Cam's career in the casket for 2 years.

curtis >> funeral music
idk
laugh.gif
.....funeral music was sorta hot....well at least the video was...some bad females in it

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

I TOLD YALL NIKETALK DUDES

APRIL IS THE DATE ....

SMH

I GOT A FEW SORRYS BUT I NEED MORE NOW ....

YALLL WAS FLAMING ME WHEN I WAS RIGHT .... SMH X2

KILLA >>>
EASY BRO (o_0)

YOU WAS RIGHT AS HELL THOUGH
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

KILLA!!!!!

pimp.gif

Cam is back! I love the new joint. If this is a concept album, this joint is going in the history books!

+!$$ cam

there's a lookback on illmatic in there with producer interviews

that's what i'm copping for

"The chain a half a mill, the car a quarter mill. Where I been? Where you been %#$#@?! I could afford to chill."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

+!$$ cam

there's a lookback on illmatic in there with producer interviews

that's what i'm copping for

he hates dipset i can tell he been trying to flame me alot lately

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

I TOLD YALL NIKETALK DUDES

APRIL IS THE DATE ....

SMH

I GOT A FEW SORRYS BUT I NEED MORE NOW ....

YALLL WAS FLAMING ME WHEN I WAS RIGHT .... SMH X2

KILLA >>>

pimp.gif

just wait till them aliens land my dude.

Back
Top Bottom