ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

anyone going to Kaskade at Barclays this weekend?

just saw Amtrac is one of the openers and I can get my seat upgraded to floor for free. only problem is I have zero guy friends going and don't have as much fun with just girls, so might just have to roll with my homies to this Irish Day festival i had a lot of fun at 2 years ago

also Dusky put out a pretty solid EP

all 4 full tracks are on soundcloud

and if you don't mess with Soundcloud here's my 3 favorite tracks off the EP (other 1 in spoiler)

I'm going Saturday to Barclays and then the after party

also Dusky put out a pretty solid EP

so youve finally crossed over to the darkside eh LOL

haha just DL'd a Calvin Harris single today which is like kindergarten dance music, so can't say I've crossed over and don't think I ever will. definitely expanded my horizons though. I already messed with moombahton, dubstep, electro, trance, trap, tech house, etc. so I guess it was just a matter of time.

I've noticed that most of the artists I've been feeling lately wind up being from the UK. the music they put out captures the atmosphere and dark lighting of a club perfectly IMO. and I feel my stereotypical image of the UK being cloudy and urban with a healthy underground scene infused in the sound :lol:

actually wanna check out Hot Since 82 in Output but have no friends in the scene. His Bigger Than Prince Remix is bad ***, and Mr. Drive and Like you are dope as well.

all the songs referenced in the post in spoiler below :D

Last edited:
Hipsters Distance Themselves From Deep House Claiming It Is “Too Popular”

Hipsters from across the globe are in a state of panic this week as it emerged that the current wave of popular “Deep House/Nu-Disco” club music is becoming “too popular.”

The panic comes mere weeks after EDM stars Tiesto and Steve Aoki’s shameless attempts to ingratiate themselves into the genre. “That was the nail in the coffin for me,” claimed London art-student Mo Curtis, pictured looking pensive as he receives the official news that Deep House is too commercial from the hipster high council. “I wasn’t even that into the music but when people like that are hitching their wagons to it you know it’s definitely not underground enough anymore.”

Berlin-based hipster, Kevin Jameson, echoed the sentiments of Mo and countless others around the world, “The music isn’t even the most important part of the music. It’s more important to be constantly looking for the coolest and most interesting new music,” he explained. “So that I can broadcast my interest in that music and then abandon it when it gets too popular. It makes me feel better than everyone else, and I love that.”

“Deep House has been good to me over the last few years. I was the first person to post a link to Without You by Art Department on my Facebook and I’ve been to loads of Hot Creations nights which I, thrillingly, got to boast to people about. I also got a lot of kudos for being the first of my friends to blog about Disclosure,” claimed Kevin. “And I got even more respect when I subsequently said that they were a bit too hyped.”

Discussing his plans for the future Mo claimed that he would stop listening to Deep House altogether and remove any evidence that he ever liked it from his life, “I’ve been here before so I know the drill. This is the third time I’ve had to alter my image according to what’s cool. The first time was when everyone got into Minimal Techno and then of course there was the Dubstep implosion of 2011,” he explained resignedly.

Mo went on to claim that over the next few months he would strive to find a new genre of music that is suitably unknown to take an interest in. “I’ve read about this eastern European kind of Klezmer/Gabba hybrid that is supposed to be awful. It’s made by two Communist ex-convicts using a Kaoss pad and a drum made from an old kettle and some sheepskin. It hasn’t even got a genre yet,” enthused Mo. “I really think it’s amazing but most people wouldn’t be into it.”

LINK

"The music isn't even the most important part of the music" :lol: :smh:

I've noticed that most of the artists I've been feeling lately wind up being from the UK. the music they put out captures the atmosphere and dark lighting of a club perfectly IMO. and I feel my stereotypical image of the UK being cloudy and urban with a healthy underground scene infused in the sound :lol:

actually wanna check out Hot Since 82 in Output but have no friends in the scene. His Bigger Than Prince Remix is bad ***, and Mr. Drive and Like you are dope as well.

yea uk has been putting out awesome music past few years. theyve been blurring genre lines and its awesome.

and dude, just go alone for hot since 82, i ve been wanting to check him out for a while.
i go to parties alone if its a dj/producer i really wanna see. just make new friends at the party. thats what i do.

Hipsters Distance Themselves From Deep House Claiming It Is “Too Popular”

LINK

i read that one not long ago LOL that whole site is funny as sht lol

theyve been blurring genre lines and its awesome.

Love when artists do this.

BTW Slim420 you shut down that "BRAND NUBIAN'S LORD JAMAR GIVES MACKLEMORE THAT ETHER" thread with that famous house speech. I just thought I should let you know much respct bruda

Been listening to a lot of "Dreamy Tropical Music" As I call it if someone can get me a specific genre name for what it is I would appreciate it.

BTW Slim420 you shut down that "BRAND NUBIAN'S LORD JAMAR GIVES MACKLEMORE THAT ETHER" thread with that famous house speech. I just thought I should let you know much respct bruda

Been listening to a lot of "Dreamy Tropical Music" As I call it if someone can get me a specific genre name for what it is I would appreciate it.

thanks man. the speech fit so well with the topic at hand, its the first thing i thought of when i saw that clip of jamar talking about how
hip hop is their house and white people are just visitors. its exactly the opposite of what house is all about.

and for the name, maybe chillwave? dream pop? these genre names are getting ridiculous LOL

anyone going to Kaskade at Barclays this weekend?

I'm going Saturday to Barclays and then the after party

nice.

I'm pretty sure I'll be at Barclays tn. my ticket is for section 126, still trying to get the floor thing worked out, apparently my homegirls idea of an upgrade is her just coming up with her stub and a friends and then using it to get admitted back onto the floor. don't know if that'll work though.

the view from the 126 section is :x and i mean that in a bad way. also don't know anyone thats going to be in that section so if i don't get the floor thing worked out it'll be weak.

but i guess it can also turn into my experimental going alone to a show to see if i should do the same for Hot Since 82.

also checked out Slim's post in the Macklemore thread. dude really shut down that thread, like not even figuratively. there's no ongoing discussion there anymore :lol:

Mo went on to claim that over the next few months he would strive to find a new genre of music that is suitably unknown to take an interest in. “I’ve read about this eastern European kind of Klezmer/Gabba hybrid that is supposed to be awful. It’s made by two Communist ex-convicts using a Kaoss pad and a drum made from an old kettle and some sheepskin. It hasn’t even got a genre yet,” enthused Mo. “I really think it’s amazing but most people wouldn’t be into it.”
LINK
"The music isn't even the most important part of the music" :lol: :smh:

um... about that awful kaoss pad convict music...
I've been making that for months now.
https://www.youtube.com/user/111213forlife

Tomorrow World was such an insanely good experience. You're doing yourself a huge disservice if you dont go.

Kaskade @ Barclays was nuts last night. Sold out.

There was a little pre=-party in the Calvin Klein room with an open bar + food from 7:30-9pm. So I missed all the openers.

Crazy how many half naked young girls were running around that venue. Glad I have a son!

Also crazy that security was in a frenzy all night for a guy who's music I wouldn't exactly call aggressive. But the kids were definitely wilding.

Was kind of pissed they shut down all the alcohol in the venue. So I wound up raiding the dressing rooms for beers :lol:

We had our own section roped off. Section 7, which was the first section to the right of the stage if you're facing it.

Great view of the show and the crowd. He performed "Atmosphere" live again and Skylar was there again as well.

Last edited:
Debating on going to Hard in November. I really want to save up for a trip to I Love Techno, it's the out of the country massive I've always wanted to go to most.

I liked the atmosphere album, and love kaskade's music

But thought Barclays was just decent. Heard great things about pacha though.

It was pretty funny getting off the train back home. I live in Long Island and saw so many kids from my local high school that were there. Like a bunch of my friends little brothers and sisters.

Last edited:
If I'm going to see a one dj show I prefer it in a club than a bigger venue. Arenas are obviously cool for massives though.

^their playing Pop NYE in Oakland. But I'll go mostly for Nero performing as well

I still haven't been to output.

I thought I may have heard some murmuring about josh wink in this thread but Im not sure.

Anyone seen him / can recommend. I kind of want to make sure if I'm gonna waste money at output I'm gonna enjoy it.

also I love nero wish I could see them again. It's been a while but they'll always be near and dear to my heart. Tomorrow world had to be amazing. I wish I got to camp out and get in on the craziness but I wasted my cash for edc

Last edited:
I still haven't been to output.

I thought I may have heard some murmuring about josh wink in this thread but Im not sure.

Anyone seen him / can recommend. I kind of want to make sure if I'm gonna waste money at output I'm gonna enjoy it.

also I love nero wish I could see them again. It's been a while but they'll always be near and dear to my heart. Tomorrow world had to be amazing. I wish I got to camp out and get in on the craziness but I wasted my cash for edc

See Josh Wink. Legend.

Back
Top Bottom