ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

IMO the best mix to keep a tab on what's going on in that area where the mainstream meets the underground of dance music is Pete Tong's essential selection.

With 2 "weekend hot mix" sections and the essential new tune being the highlights of it.

Last edited:
I find a lot of weekly mixes to be diluted though, but a good monthly one, especially for the summer is the Magic Tape by The Magician

He often comes through with a signature opening track that gets the bloggers and interwebz buzzing.

Last edited:
Madeon and Zedd's albums came out. Madeon has a lot of his old stuff on it like The City and Technicolor with a few new ones, Zedd's is pretty decent.

I expect this one to be a festival favourite for this year

Madeon and Zedd's albums came out. Madeon has a lot of his old stuff on it like The City and Technicolor with a few new ones, Zedd's is pretty decent.

I expect this one to be a festival favourite for this year
He's actually been playing that in his sets for the past year or so. But i do think others might throw it in their own mixes.

If you're an EDM hipster who wants to be on the next big thing before anyone else, I think Alec Maire is going to be a superstar.

He just released his first track as a collab (the majority of the track is him) and its number 2 on beatports top 100.

My brother manages him and this kid has the total package. Classical music in his blood, genius level IQ, passion for electronic, and an unparalleled work ethic. Still also relatively young and new to producing.

Got some amazing unreleased stuff on ice and another track already that's going to blow away festival mainstages.

https://m.soundcloud.com/alecmaire

Last edited:
Flumes sound grew on me like crazy over the last few months

Of his older stuff I really loved The Greatest View. It's got like an almost cinematic type feel. His You & Me remix is also amazing and his new Sam Smith one is cool.

Also really liked his track he did as part of What So Not recently with George Maple. And she's another story, love her voice and style :smokin.

Flumes sound grew on me like crazy over the last few months

Of his older stuff I really loved The Greatest View. It's got like an almost cinematic type feel. His You & Me remix is also amazing and his new Sam Smith one is cool.

Also really liked his track he did as part of What So Not recently with George Maple. And she's another story, love her voice and style :smokin.

I"m just starting to get into his stuff..it takes a while to find stuff that i like..

Been listening to this while i do some art projects for school..its very airy and relaxing...anyone else like Grimes?

Last edited:
Been listening to this while i do some art projects for school..its very airy and relaxing...anyone else like Grimes?

i have to be in the right mood for grimes, but yeah.

just threw this together this week with my djx iib, and used a vocal sample from a rand paul speech.

For me it's not so much specific songs but I listen to a lot of DJ sets and I love a good 1 or 2 hour deep house DJ set. My four heavy rotation DJs right now are Atish, Mark Slee, Rampue and Hisham Zahran. They all have great sets up on their soundclouds.

Back
Top Bottom