[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Bought the album today and listened to it for the first time today and :pimp: I watched the video for the Intro before anything and man it hit me hard, it's not a whole lot but the simplicity of the song is great and hits so much of my past and present. Made me tear up a little bit :\ The rest of the album is just on point, this definitely his most complete project IMO and I think it's because it's so personal and free from the industry standards. I really feel like Cole can't go anywhere but up from here, the sales will prove that he doesn't need "The Formula" to make it work and his music will continue to progress. The production on this album :x even Cole has some growth on here. Definitely happy with this album and it will be in the rotation for a while. Yall be easy, Cole World :pimp:

Listened to this album this afternoon. Wow, this album is a great piece of work. I'm not down with the classic talk yet. I gotta' listen to this over & over before labeling it flawless. "Wet Dreamz" is the most relatable track to all of us, NT'ers. Memba' those days in high school, fellers? :lol: :smh:

Listened to album about 3 times and I really like it and the sound of it overall. I also dig that this album is very personal and I can tell Cole made the music that he wanted to make which I think is dope for any artist.

There are some damn good tracks on this album, january 28th, wet dreamz, fire squad, St. Tropez (wish he rapped on it though), Apparently and Love Yours.

I honestly could have done without Note To Self and I doubt I will ever listen to that again. My only thing I don't really care for this album is the middle of it....Tracks 8-10 get a bit too sing songy for my liking. I think on tracks like GOMD and No Role Modelz Cole had a great message that he was trying to convey but the hook execution was poor.

I am intrigued to see if those tracks grow on me but like someone said earlier I like the sound of this album....it reminds me a lot of FNL. Very good project from Cole and one of the best hip-hop albums this year. I would give it a 4.25/5

Will be brief for now..but 3 listens in and this gets better with each listen. Growth as an ARTIST is clear here. Some amazing production. Extremely Solid 8.5/10. 2nd best project behing FNL ..Imo

This ho kinda fire man :smokin

Track #6 is very bad though. Whatever accent he was trying to do he should never do that again.

Last edited:
Listened to album about 3 times and I really like it and the sound of it overall. I also dig that this album is very personal and I can tell Cole made the music that he wanted to make which I think is dope for any artist.

There are some damn good tracks on this album, january 28th, wet dreamz, fire squad, St. Tropez (wish he rapped on it though), Apparently and Love Yours.

I honestly could have done without Note To Self and I doubt I will ever listen to that again. My only thing I don't really care for this album is the middle of it....Tracks 8-10 get a bit too sing songy for my liking. I think on tracks like GOMD and No Role Modelz Cole had a great message that he was trying to convey but the hook execution was poor.

I am intrigued to see if those tracks grow on me but like someone said earlier I like the sound of this album....it reminds me a lot of FNL. Very good project from Cole and one of the best hip-hop albums this year. I would give it a 4.25/5
I love the dynamics of GOMD. The reason the ignorant chorus has an enlightening purpose of showing how a lot of us keep up this façade that could be the exact opposite of how we're feeling. 'The part that the thugs skip' touched me personally. :lol: :frown:

And that sample. Might be my favorite song along with A Tale of Two Citiez.

Last edited:
St Tropez :pimp:

Album is ill!! Finally able to listen to it front to back

Straight spitting...I ***** with it

Damn man

No Role Modelz.

Don't save her, she don't wanna be saved, don't save her

Last edited by a moderator:
I've listened to the whole album 3 times thru... currently working on my 4th listen. Its got some nice tracks, nice production, but TO ME, it feels kinda hollow. Just like its missing some spice. I personally like Born Sinner better as of right now. 

I've listened to the whole album 3 times thru... currently working on my 4th listen. Its got some nice tracks, nice production, but TO ME, it feels kinda hollow. Just like its missing some spice. I personally like Born Sinner better as of right now. 
That "Hollow" feeling...I agree

I tried. 3 tracks I really enjoy as usual. Wet Dreamz was cringeworthy. Will probably listen a few more times because I give all music multiple chances to resonate. But Cole never has done it for me. He can rap. He's not mind blowing, but he can rap. And he has a message. So i respect him. Just not that enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom