[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

I see a lot of ppl cosigin Wet Dreamz but on the other hand I see ppl that arent fans of Cole singling out that record as a reason why they arent a fan, corny, cliche, etc

I personally think its the weakest link of the album but the beat is cool.

Just trying to think that if he replaces it with a different record or switches the topic would that have made the album flawless... maybe a story about his step pops and how he wanted to throw hands with him as a shorty or sumtin and then transition to 03 Adolescence would have been better

Where does it fall off for some of yall at the end tho? Dont see the disappointment with Hello and Apparently... love both

I feel like this is probably one of the most uptempo projects Cole has released yet that boring statement still gets thrown around :smh:

I love cole but the more I listen to this project, the more dissapointed I become. I feel like he tried the Nothing Was the Same formula on this project and let's face it, cole isn't as versatile as Drake. I'm just super bummed that I was looking forward to this for so long.

I love cole but the more I listen to this project, the more dissapointed I become. I feel like he tried the Nothing Was the Same formula on this project and let's face it, cole isn't as versatile as Drake. I'm just super bummed that I was looking forward to this for so long.
No lie man...I heard that Drake flow on a couple of tracks.

I personally wouldn't go that far BUT "A Tale of 2 Citiez" did sound like a smoother version of "Worst Behavior" (a song I like) to me.

damn he's projected to do 350K? damn that's like going platinum in this era :lol: congrats to Cole if it's right. only like a few songs on here, i enjoyed BS more but i do see some growth in him

eek.gif

300+ WITH ALMOST 0 PROMOTION.

That's ******* insane.
pimp.gif
I remember in one thread dude was trying to argue that if j. cole isn't put out there more than his career would suffer. He doesn't get that cole is just has a different type  of connection with his fans.

Wet dreamz is top 3 song on here if not the best song, FIRE beat good chorus good lyrics everybody can relate, idk what else you could ask for

I know everyone entitled to their own opinion but I can't relate to someone that doesn't like this album, especially if you already a fan of cole, like I cant really comprehend where you're coming from, especially looking at the current state of Rap/Hip Hop

Last edited:
:wow:

300+ WITH ALMOST 0 PROMOTION.

That's ******* insane. :pimp:
I remember in one thread dude was trying to argue that if j. cole isn't put out there more than his career would suffer. He doesn't get that cole is just has a different type  of connection with his fans.

Oh man, I completely forgot about that thread, so many A&Rs in there :lol: Dudes in the Breakfastclub thread was talmbout Cole was only going to do 100K also.

Wet dreamz is top 3 song on here if not the best song, FIRE beat good chorus good lyrics everybody can relate, idk what else you could ask for

like how lol

not to knock your opinion but I dont see it.

its a relatable story but the lyrics ad flow are nothing noteworthy, the beat is cool like I said but its nothing next level, its nothing only J. Cole could make. Nothing about that record is special.

Purchased off Amazon

Got my copies. Took two stores, but I got em

Someone who likes the physical copies :nerd:

I go to Amazon, because often they have the physical, and give you the MP3 free. I think it's that way for most of their major label CD's.

Even though I already........

but it was $9.99 on Amazon in addition to the MP3 they have available at 12am

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. I grew up on reading liner notes. Even though I download, I still buy what I like and want to support.

This is going to start a new trend. Dropping your album with no single or promo has been MORE successful than the traditional way. Insane.

I would have liked to have seen what would have happen if Wayne came out. I wanted to see Wayne's numbers.

I buy good amount of artist's albums just to support them and never open the seal. But play most of my music off the ipod or Google access

This is going to start a new trend. Dropping your album with no single or promo has been MORE successful than the traditional way. Insane.

Because in today's age, the usual promo run and album cycle is drawn out and gets boring. Only very few artists can do it and still maintain interest. For someone who has a big core following like J. Cole, this strategy is dope and works.

Back
Top Bottom