Ja Rule's finesse of the Century - Fyre Festival

4 Platinum albums in 4 years? Yeah get Ja outta here.

I am not talking about the number during his run, I am simply talk about the duration of his run and now overall success since Koop we want to bring platinum albums into the equation.

Ja Rule had 4 Grammy nominations from 2022 (3) and 2003 (1) with zero wins towards the tail end of his lil run. Drake had 6 in 2010-2011 alone and to-date has 51 nominations from 2010-2023 with 5 wins. During that same time he also 80+ Billboard nominations and 29 wins to Ja’s double zero word to Scoot Henderson.

Again, I am not attempting to marginalize Jeffrey Atkins but he just accomplished significantly less than Drake and his buzz last for a far shorter period of time. It was a nice lil run when compared to Drake. Even looking at his contemporaries, GRODT went platinum 9 time and sold over 12 million albums worldwide. That’s more than Ja’s whole catalog, man.

Famb you are comparing Ja to the dude that has the probably longest run of high level success and relevance in Rap.

That doesn't seem far.

Someone in the 99.9th percentile shouldn't be the measuring stick

Famb you are comparing Ja to the dude that has the probably longest run of high level success and relevance in Rap.

That doesn't seem far.

Someone in the 99.9th percentile shouldn't be the measuring stick

I am not even the one who brought Drake into this thread and I damn sure did not compare the two :lol: Someone else did and I have been providing reasons why I do not believe it is an apt comparison which you have seemingly confirmed by acknowledging the unprecedented duration and success of his run.

My posts have been about “Drake before Drake” ‘s run in comparison to Drake not because EYE think it is fair or should be the measuring stick but because someone else did.

Hopefully news about Fyre Festival 2.0 comes out but I am doubtful because summer is approaching the midway point and there is no news. It likely will not be until Spring 2024 |l

WHAT!??!!???

He did 3 platinum albums back to back to back!

And these are hard copies!

Y’all either young or high but Ja was literally HIM for years.

We’re judging him solely off copies sold though?? Lotta people moved units.

Ja Rule was the middiest mid-L-ton rapper of middle times. Extra schmidium

We really throning Flo Rida as one of the greats because he was top of the charts?

Ja Rule ain’t a top 50 rapper. He prolly ain’t even top 100.

20230821_222215.jpg

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom