Jay-Z is the most CONSISTENT rap artist ever.

Let's take this one by one.

Kool G Rap had the greatest 4 years in the history of hip hop from 1989 - 1992 with the 3 greatest back to back albums ever released. Each of which can be top10 easily, with Live and Let Die a top 5 quality album. Not only does he bring life to an entire genre with this (mafioso rap, which Jay bit with RD) hepopularizes the style of fast multi-syllable rhymes that almost every great rapper credits as their biggest influence.

Next 3: 4,5,6 , Giancana Story and Roots of Evil were all spectacular albums. His lyricism kept getting better and peaked at Roots of Evil where he wasunmatched in terms of flow.

That's 6 amazing albums so far.

CoR was a collabo, so skip it, and we end with Half a Klip, which was decent.

So.. no wack albums, influences countless rappers and helps shape an entire style of rap, and Jay is more consistent ?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's a slap in the face to a living legend.

As for Killah Priest, we are talking about a man on a different planet from Jay in terms of lyricism. These aren't corny Jay-Z "im so rich and i soldcoke" nursery rhymes we are talking about. His discography is really the stuff of legend. From his debut to Behind the Stained Glass he comes out withback to back to back amazing albums. Mentioning Jay-Z with him is embarrassing for Jay really.

Kool G Rap had the greatest 4 years in the history of hip hop from 1989 - 1992 with the 3 greatest back to back albums ever released. Each of which can be top10 easily

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Kool G is the originator but stop making outlandish statements.

988888%7EPublic-Enemy-Posters.jpg
rundmc.jpg
Eric-B--Rakim-Paid-In-Full-289451.jpg
Old-school-LL.jpg
big-daddy-kane%281%29.jpg
biggie-smalls1.jpg

Best 4 year run in history....3 albums in the top 10
roll.gif

Originally Posted by M16

As for Killah Priest, we are talking about a man on a different planet from Jay in terms of lyricism. These aren't corny Jay-Z "im so rich and i sold coke" nursery rhymes we are talking about. His discography is really the stuff of legend. From his debut to Behind the Stained Glass he comes out with back to back to back amazing albums. Mentioning Jay-Z with him is embarrassing for Jay really.
Since when does consistent albums only consist of LYRICS?
nerd.gif

He can be spittin the realest %@$@ in the world, but if the beat is trash, nobody is listenin to that !@*$*%*% except for you.

Why do you think Nas isn't even mentioned?... he spits real %@$@ / mad lyrical on EVERY album, but that %@$@ is weak, due to the level of production.

And to Kool G Rap... thats completely in your opinion
laugh.gif
... 'greatest 4 years in hip-hop '... uh, ok son.
laugh.gif

Please explain how the other dudes you listed have a more consistent discog. than HOV.

edit;

Redman tho
roll.gif

Kool G Rap is my opinion ? Go look at the endless list of praise and respect he gets from rappers.

This is really pathetic that I have to explain why G Rap is more consistent than Jay-Z.

and obviously it's more than just lyrics, KP makes better music period. Go listen to KP on B.I.B.L.E and reminisce to a time when hip hop had meaning.

as for redman, it was already explained. No one said he's spitting Pharoahe Monch 16's on every track, but in terms of CONSISTENCY, he is up there.

out of curiosity, give me 3 better back to back albums than G raps.

Back
Top Bottom