JAY-Z THE MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

The Blueprint is the most overrated album in hip hop history and this is coming from a big Jay fan. On another note, Face is not better than Jay.

Yea i almost can't stand Blueprint, aside from Takeover and The Rulers Back, i can't even listen to the first half of that album anymore. Black Albumis BY FAR Jay's second best album imo.

And to reiterate, Face>Jay no question

edit:

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

MarleysProtege wrote:

then your ear for music is flawed ...
There isn't a Scarface album thats better than Reasonable Doubt.

I would agree with that, There isn't another Jay album that comes close to RD though

The Diary & The Fix>Black Album & Blueprint

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Scarface is definitely better than Jay-Z. It's not even up for debate.
Maybe in your opinion but to say it's not up for debate.....
grin.gif

There's some seriously foolish posts in this topic.

Jay-Z is overrated, especially with his post-retirement music.. but is he really any more overrated than Wayne or Kanye.. I don't tihnk so

I'll def say hes in the top 5 or so most overrated, but then again I think all the heavy hitters are considered overrated by people, for ex Biggie andPac... even tho you must be on crack is you think BIG is overrated

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

I think all the heavy hitters are considered overrated by people, for ex Biggie and
Pac

a crucial point that i tried to make that i think got overlooked

yall stop bumpin this lame !+* thread, i'm tired of seeing. I know i'm not helping, but damn. Make it go away.

why? its healthy to have threads like these on HovTalk ...

that being said, does jay-z have any mixtape material or unreleased tracks?

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

why? its healthy to have threads like these on HovTalk ...

that being said, does jay-z have any mixtape material or unreleased tracks?
34nsfnd.gif

This is why I can't take some of y'all seriously...You making all these bold statements about the man...then you gonna ask a question like this
smh.gif
laugh.gif

i seriously want to know where his mixtapes are i have a few but i have more mixtapes from a lot of other artists ... care to elaborate without pictures thistime?

Jay-Z has damn near as much (if not more) unreleased music as he does solo label releases.

Most of his early recognition came from tearing up DJ Clue tapes and turning out beats that other artists made popular.

How you gonna criticize his music , without even knowing that much? Some is his best work is his unreleased s_/mixtape tracks.

im still waiting for you to point me in a direction of these tracks and "some of his best work" ... i can give you concrete examples of many artistsmixtape stuff ... not just "o this is some of his best *+$*, you aint know? smh" ... what tapes specifically?

Do you not see the bright red link posted above?

There are literally hundreds of mixtapes out there with unreleased Jay-Z work...if you really care that much go find one.

Jay-z - This Life Forever

"For those who stay high...under God's grayskies...my lyrics is like the bible...made to save lives. In the midst of all your misery _...stay fly! Never let 'em see you frown even smile when youdown....."

Overrated?

_ Outta here!

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

BIG put out TWO albums. There is no way in hell ANYONE with two albums should be considered the GOAT.
yeah but have you heard those two albums? and what he spit for bad boy family, no way out and such, just incredible

biggie's body of work is small yes, but his flow is the greatest of all time. he didn't live long enough to prove his longevity, but what he has givenus puts him at the top

How "Early This Morning" never made it on an album, I will never understand. I seriously can't believe that it was almost 7 years ago that jauncame out. I would listen to it everyday in the shower when I woke up in the morning.

Word.

"Early this morning" was my wake up song too.

Jay is a shadow of his all self at this point but AG proves that he can still put out classic material when inspired.

To the homie askin' for Jay's mixtapes, you gotta understand that when he was comin' out artists didn't use mixtapes as a forum for streetalbums like they do now. Back then they mighta laced a DJ with a freestyle/B-side/unreleased song, but none of this "Drought 3" stuff you'relooking for. And if you really wanna get the best of his other @@#$ and you can't get your hands on older mixtapes from the 90s, go download the 10 CD deep"Library of A Legend." They're missing some songs, but that should keep you busy for a whle....

Yeh, Library of a Legend has ALOT of his unreleased material. NaS has a Library of a Legend type thing as well.

dude dose not suck but is way overrated and dont live him 2 much but he do have his good and bad moments. its just when he has his bad moments they are justreally bad

Back
Top Bottom