JAY-Z THE MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER

eek.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif
@ this same discussion coming up months later

http://niketalk.com/topic/61821?page=3http://niketalk.com/topic/61821?page=3

But if you didn't know, back during the golden era of Hip Hop, KRS-ONE had beef with MC SHAN who was from Queensbridge. (first hip hop battle btw) Their beef was about where Hip Hop started in the Bronx or QB... So really, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt when he says "Jay-Z is the best," coming from a person who was putting out diss tracks on Queensbridge and all the MC's from QB ....that's like asking someone who hates hip hop, "what do you think is better rock or hip hop?"
KRS obviously isn't that biased against Queens MC's, specifically Nas, if he did this:

Jay is Overrated.

But he's still one of the best to ever do it.

Not the GOAT though.

"Im the all time heavyweight champion of flow-ers Im leading the league in at least 6 statistical categories"
"best flow, most consistant, most charisma , realest stories, I set the most trends, and my interviews are hotter...holla!"
Hov aka The G.O.A.T

Scarface > Eminem > NAS > BIGGIE > PAC > BIG L > RAKIM > SLICK RICK > PUN > JAY-Z

FFT

"best flow, most consistant, most charisma , realest stories, I set the most trends, and my interviews are hotter...holla!"
he lied on damn near every one of them ... em got him on flow ... scarface got him easy on consistency ... wayne got more charisma (maybe not whenjay said this line but still) ... scarface is the realest story teller of all time ... setting trends? no one %%*#+ with anything you do because what youvedone was already done before you and you bit their trends ... interviews?
laugh.gif

if it wasn't for biggie, this dude's name wouldn't even be mentioned.

The same thing can be said for Biggie in regards to Puffy putting Big on if that's how you feel. You dudes act like Biggie was a self-made man orsomething, he was far from it.

However, he isn't the best rapper ever nor is he among the top 5 rappers ever.
LOL.

he lied on damn near every one of them ... em got him on flow ... scarface got him easy on consistency ... wayne got more charisma

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

so em doesnt got him on flow? scarface doesnt have a more consistent catalogue? and waynes entire career for the past 2 years has been charisma ...

what are you trying to say?

Jay-Z Overrated? Yes

The most overrated ever? Nah

I think Tupac and Biggie are the most overrated rappers ever...pick one....So is Rakim, Eminem, Nas, Big L, Big Pun. At the end of the day....all these catsare overrated. They all have flaws...etc...but its a competitive thing so they get called the greatest in relative terms. But hip hop media puts these cats ona high pedestal so it makes it hard to compare any other emcees to these cats. I mean just listen to who you want to and make your own decisions..

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

so em doesnt got him on flow? scarface doesnt have a more consistent catalogue? and waynes entire career for the past 2 years has been charisma ...

what are you trying to say?

Em has flow, but not better than Jay's IMO. From RD to up to AG, Jay's flow is top tier in the league. Again, Scarface has a very consistentcatalogue but I would get the advantage to Jay. As far as Wayne goes, he need not EVER be mentioned in the same sentence with Jay everagain.....................EVER. As far as I'm concerned, Wayne is the poor mans' Jay Z in every way shape and form. That's what I'm trying tosay.

well we will agree to disagree, although i dont understand how you can believe anything you said lol ...

as far as flow ... i think the consensus is if em didnt put out such garbage songs with no content, he would no doubt be the best ever ... but even on themsongs with no content about nothing, his flow is still second to none ... jay just doesnt have the flow em has ... i hate to say it, but all you have to do islook at that certain track they were on together ... em rides a beat like no one else ...

scarface is the most consistant rapper of all time imo ... yeah he has some albums that are betetr than others, but overall he comes with the most consistantflow/material of any rapper ive heard ... i can sit down and listen to faces entire catalogue, but i cant say the same for jay-z ...

and you just hatin on wayne ... waynes like 26 ... his career will +#%@ on jay-z's if he ever gets back to form ... yeah i said it

i hate to say it, but all you have to do is look at that certain track they were on together ... em rides a beat like no one else ...

I knew you were going to bring up Renegade
laugh.gif
. I will tell you thisEm's flow on Renegade was better than Jay's, but once again Em proving that most of the time he's rapping about nothing, yeah it sounds good overthe speakers, but when you sit down and study of the words, Em's lyrics on Renegade for the most part meant nothing. Like Jay said...."My new name isjust the facts, while the rest of ya'll just adjust the facts, put words together just to match (shot out to Em), I do the opposite of ya'll..........

scarface is the most consistant rapper of all time imo
Scarface is definitely one of the most consistent, I just so happens that I think Jay is up there as well.

and you just hatin on wayne ... waynes like 26 ... his career will +#%@ on jay-z's if he ever gets back to form ... yeah i said it
It is better to be thought of as a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt, SMH. I expect better out of you Marley, your letting PG down with that comment champ.

well we will agree to disagree, although i dont understand how you can believe anything you said lol ...

as far as flow ... i think the consensus is if em didnt put out such garbage songs with no content, he would no doubt be the best ever ... but even on them songs with no content about nothing, his flow is still second to none ... jay just doesnt have the flow em has ... i hate to say it, but all you have to do is look at that certain track they were on together ... em rides a beat like no one else ...

scarface is the most consistant rapper of all time imo ... yeah he has some albums that are betetr than others, but overall he comes with the most consistant flow/material of any rapper ive heard ... i can sit down and listen to faces entire catalogue, but i cant say the same for jay-z ...

eek.gif

*exits thread*

scarface is the most consistant rapper of all time imo

I can't speak on Scarface because I really never followed his work. (care to post up some of his best tracks?)
Wayne on the other hand is no way equivocal to those on a level like Biggie, Nas, Pac, Jay etc. I respect what you saying, but it is what it is.

He's more in a category like: Lil Wayne, Fabolous, Fat Joe, LL Cool J, Nelly, The Game, Snoop etc.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

It is better to be thought of as a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt, SMH. I expect better out of you Marley, your letting PG down with that comment champ.
do you realize wayne is younger right now than jay-z was when he put out reasonable doubt .... .... ... ..... think about what i said for a secondand then reply to it ... yalla ctin like jays catalogue is untouchable ... imo theres 2-3 complete filler albums that arent worth a damn ...

ill say it again ... if wayne gets his act together (and rap in general cuz you never know what can happen 5 years from now, real artists may start to sellagain) his career will *@$# on jayzs

do you realize wayne is younger right now than jay-z was when he put out reasonable doubt .... .... ... ..... think about what i said for a second and then reply to it ... yalla ctin like jays catalogue is untouchable ... imo theres 2-3 complete filler albums that arent worth a damn ...

ill say it again ... if wayne gets his act together (and rap in general cuz you never know what can happen 5 years from now, real artists may start to sell again) his career will *@$# on jayzs

With the theory that Wayne is younger than Jay Z right now before he released Reasonable Doubt you are setting yourself up for failure. That would mean thatWayne has a Reasonable Doubt album that he is about to put out soon
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
, you would have better luck getting Palin in the White House this year than having Wayne putting out or having anything close to Reasonable Doubtmaterial. I'm not saying that Jay's catalogue is untouchable but in comparison to Wayne, Jay's catalogue is most certainly untouchable that'snot even up for debate or convesation.

You might as well forget Wayne getting his act together, he already has a permanent room reserved at The Betty Ford clinic.

Imma make this short cause I got a paper to write.

Is Jay-Z Overrated at times... Hell yes

Is he the most Overrated ever? Hell No...Thats Tupac

But I honestly haven't heard proper reasoning why Jay-Z isn't goat yet.

Scarface is cool but if he drops an LP no one really cares (Don't disagree. It's true)
Eminem is a beast but he's more overrated than Jay-Z, top 10 though
Rakim see Scarface
KRS - Never saw the appeal. Matter of fact someone find me a verse where he doesn't say "Hip-Hop"
Nas - If Jay aint, he is.
Wayne - Blame Autotune.

With the theory that Wayne is younger than Jay Z right now before he released Reasonable Doubt you are setting yourself up for failure. That would mean that Wayne has a Reasonable Doubt album that he is about to put out soon
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
, you would have better luck getting Palin in the White House this year than having Wayne putting out or having anything close to Reasonable Doubt material. I'm not saying that Jay's catalogue is untouchable but in comparison to Wayne, Jay's catalogue is most certainly untouchable that's not even up for debate or convesation.

You might as well forget Wayne getting his act together, he already has a permanent room reserved at The Betty Ford clinic.

my theory is that if you want to hate on wayne so much, then just compare him and jigga objectively ... right now (put all this autotune bs aside) wayne has 4BANGERS under his belt (500 degreez, tha block is hot, carter 1 and carter 2) ... thats not even counting his mixtape material ... and he is still younger thanjay-z was when he put out reasonable doubt ... ... ...

now wayne could very well die next week ... and he very well could never revert back to the old wayne ... HOWEVER, as i said before, IF he ever does ... ifdude ever goes back to where he was ... his career will completely %%+* on jay-z's ... the years just dont favor jay ... it was hard for jay-z to get onthe scene with his spitting image holding %%+* down ... if biggie doesnt die jay gets average play at best ... those years he lost put him at a disadvantage tosomeone like wayne whow as puttin out %%+* when he was a teenager ...

people looking at the carter 3 era wayne and forgetting how much heat this dude has released ...
tired.gif

i dont agree with the way you worded this but i agree with you on him being overrated

With the theory that Wayne is younger than Jay Z right now before he released Reasonable Doubt you are setting yourself up for failure. That would mean that Wayne has a Reasonable Doubt album that he is about to put out soon
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
, you would have better luck getting Palin in the White House this year than having Wayne putting out or having anything close to Reasonable Doubt material. I'm not saying that Jay's catalogue is untouchable but in comparison to Wayne, Jay's catalogue is most certainly untouchable that's not even up for debate or convesation.

my theory is that if you want to hate on wayne so much, then just compare him and jigga objectively ... right now (put all this autotune bs aside) wayne has 4 BANGERS under his belt (500 degreez, tha block is hot, carter 1 and carter 2) ... thats not even counting his mixtape material ... and he is still younger than jay-z was when he put out reasonable doubt ... ... ...

now wayne could very well die next week ... and he very well could never revert back to the old wayne ... HOWEVER, as i said before, IF he ever does ... if dude ever goes back to where he was ... his career will completely %%+* on jay-z's ... the years just dont favor jay ... it was hard for jay-z to get on the scene with his spitting image holding %%+* down ... if biggie doesnt die jay gets average play at best ... those years he lost put him at a disadvantage to someone like wayne whow as puttin out %%+* when he was a teenager ...

people looking at the carter 3 era wayne and forgetting how much heat this dude has released ...
tired.gif

Would you please stop with all the "what if" or the "possiblility" to the "if Wayne drops an album the day of a full moon" talk. The bottom line is this, from albums to songs Weezy is the poor mans' Jay Z, that's just the way it is. Now you don't have to like it Marley, but it is the truth. Also, nobody is hating on Wayne, or at least not me whatsoever. Wayne has a decent career, and he hasaccomplished alot within the last few years, everything I have said about Wayne is either the truth or can be considered as the truth, that's far fromhating champ.

Also, spare me that "if Biggie was still alive Jay wouldn't be mentioned right now" talk. How do you know........answer YOU DON'T. Withyour type of mentality, I could easily say "If Pac was still alive he would have ended Biggie career". See how one asinine comment leads to anotherMarley. Like I said before, I expect better out of you Marley.

Back
Top Bottom