JB Restocking Daily - Who Got Lucky?

Yeah im so accustomed to getting a tweet about the restock this silent one had me scramblin almost an hour later.

Its nice kinda (if i woulda scored aomething i wanted) but since i didnt it sucked.

Plus word was out it was gonna happen anyway if you were online an hour or so prior which i wasnt at the time. So word getting out also didnt help it being "silent"

PMs def didnt work either
There's only 100 twitter accounts you could follow that would give you this kind of info just like Nike would in a tweet. Relying on any help from Nike is a losing strategy IMO.

was just looking for the g-town lows so my fancy wasn't tickled....so i went ahead and finally copped the Reebok Zpump fusion....
tongue.gif

With JB flooding the market and resellers not really making any money we will see more restocks of returned merchandise.

Yeah im so accustomed to getting a tweet about the restock this silent one had me scramblin almost an hour later.

Its nice kinda (if i woulda scored aomething i wanted) but since i didnt it sucked.

Plus word was out it was gonna happen anyway if you were online an hour or so prior which i wasnt at the time. So word getting out also didnt help it being "silent"

You most likely wouldn't have scored anything. I had links ready to go and I got them to pop up before the tweets even went out saying they were live, and I struck out on everything. I usually cop 1 or 2 shoes during a restock. This one there was hardly anything.

You most likely wouldn't have scored anything. I had links ready to go and I got them to pop up before the tweets even went out saying they were live, and I struck out on everything. I usually cop 1 or 2 shoes during a restock. This one there was hardly anything.
Actually there was a lot of product.

a little interwebz homework will show you all the automated systems taking everything instantly.......

Hard to cop when its already in someone elses cart

Nike IS flooding...they're just spacing out their shipments so you think they're not.

@vampire xtc   will co-sign me. Nike turned reseller this year.

They're raising prices and producing just enough more to hurt resellers.

Nike had a meeting a few years ago and implemented a pricing strategy for outlets and it started with the flyknit craze.

They discount retros 10% and "release" them at outlets. 10%, psychology, is a win for consumers, but Nike is making the shoe available at their outlets which is going to cause a big percentage of consumers to buy something else with those retros.

Nike held focus groups all of last year and it was implied then that they were sick of resellers and secondary market that would bring "remaster" "re-retro" Nike and Jordans to justify a $20 price hike.

Nike has loads of DBs sitting in Memphis....Just be patient.

There's only 100 twitter accounts you could follow that would give you this kind of info just like Nike would in a tweet. Relying on any help from Nike is a losing strategy IMO.
well im relying on nike just saying that im used to that tweet that theyve been doing the past 2.5 years. but im also not following every twitter account and tracking their every tweet 24/7

yeah i figured that anyway especially since i wanted something pretty limited during the initial release

Actually there was a lot of product.

a little interwebz homework will show you all the automated systems taking everything instantly.......

Hard to cop when its already in someone elses cart
aint got time for all that though honestly. 

in all reality if would have just checked twitter before i left work then i could have stayed and come (maybe but doubt it). I left work about 15 minutes before it happened

oh well 

They discount retros 10% and "release" them at outlets. 10%, psychology, is a win for consumers, but Nike is making the shoe available at their outlets which is going to cause a big percentage of consumers to buy something else with those retros.
i was saying this either last year or year before when they were sending "B Grades" to outlets and having an actual release for them (not like when used to just have them show up and you got lucky). Releasing at the outlets for $140-$150 when they RD price was $160. 

Outlets sold out quick just like the stores and folks were happy with their $10 savings. As you said that they were likely to buy something else while they were there. The same went for FTL and Co when they had damn near 30 releases show back up on their site but you couldnt add to add. But it for sure created traffic and more than likely many of people bought something while they were on the site

Same exact experience here, first time I came out with nothing I tried for.

apparently DB8s could be on the next restock.  Don't love or need them but those will be carted by bots so fast lol

Can't feel bad for people who can't set up Twitter notifications for 1 or 2 other sources besides Nike. If you can't put in minimum effort for your online shoe game, I don't know what you expect.

And while bots got the really limited stuff if you had VERY high speed internet and are hard wired you probably got at least something if you were on the pages when they popped up. I got KD Florals, Spizike VI's and Snakeskin XI's, but couldn't snag Cigars or Champagnes which I went after first. Not holding out hope for those DB's but I'm sure there's some more good stuff coming still. I imagine a Columbia XI and Jeter 1 are going to restock amongst others.

Last edited:
Depending on Nike Twitter for accurate info is like calling Nike and trying to get info from a Nike Rep . Spotty AF.

Last edited:
Can't feel bad for people who can't set up Twitter notifications for 1 or 2 other sources besides Nike. If you can't put in minimum effort for your online shoe game, I don't know what you expect.

And while bots got the really limited stuff if you had VERY high speed internet and are hard wired you probably got at least something if you were on the pages when they popped up. I got KD Florals, Spizike VI's and Snakeskin XI's, but couldn't snag Cigars or Champagnes which I went after first. Not holding out hope for those DB's but I'm sure there's some more good stuff coming still. I imagine a Columbia XI and Jeter 1 are going to restock amongst others.
I have a super fast internet connection and I had the link refreshed before any of the sneaker sites tweeted that the restock was live. I missed out on the concord lows and i'm pissed about it lol. I missed on the slam dunk 6's but that I expected. Though I woulda had those concords, I mean I was mashing refresh until the second it popped up. No go.

There's always luck to it, but I feel like my success rate on Ethernet with latency of 3ms and speeds of 100-110 down are certainly a lot better than on wifi with a 25ms ping and 50-75 down. Your only chance against the machines is to leverage them as much as possible for your own benefit, be that related to drop info or your internet connection and hardware.

There's always luck to it, but I feel like my success rate on Ethernet with latency of 3ms and speeds of 100-110 down are certainly a lot better than on wifi with a 25ms ping and 50-75 down. Your only chance against the machines is to leverage them as much as possible for your own benefit, be that related to drop info or your internet connection and hardware.
Yeah mos def. I usually am successful on something. Yesterday sucked for me though lol.

i feel like nike is strategically doing restocks right before the bred 11 release. they want people to be low on funds so a minimum amount of people go after them..... its pretty much a given that the site will break.

i feel like nike is strategically doing restocks right before the bred 11 release. they want people to be low on funds so a minimum amount of people go after them..... its pretty much a given that the site will break.

What's the logic in that? And no, I'm not being a smart "donkey". I legit wanna know why you think that.

What's the logic in that? And no, I'm not being a smart "donkey". I legit wanna know why you think that.
i think they are trying to get rid of as many potential buyers as possible by doing all these restocks RIGHT before the breds. Is there any questions that the breds will sell out in nike's eyes? no. They want their site to function on release day.... thus draining peoples pockets with restocks. 

even though its pretty futile, because mainly bots copped on the restock i think.

just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom