Jim Jones interview w/ Funk flex, spills guts + Cam Response

I'm not even taking cams side I just never believed jims interview from the start

said it already but it came off just like beanies interview with tax

there are also a lot of things not being mentioned from the cam live joint that maybe some haven't seen yet

but it touches on alotta stuff

more than anything they just grew apart

they both have 2 different views of how things should be ran which is why i always allude to avon and stringer

At da end of da day...............this

Akin to Jay and Dame in a way while being different.

But bigger than all their petty squabbles..............That **** at the Rucker is bigger than anything and I don't think either will ever talk about it openly. Jim alluded to it multiple times on Flex but that's about as touchy as a subject as it gets. :nerd:

Googling that Zoo Thompson cat, this was my first time hearing about the 15 yr old kid that got killed after being approached about bootlegging Dipset cds.

Never knew Cam had a medical condition.

Yea, that's why he lost so much weight. On the cover of his first album, he had good weight on him.

I'm from SC but I remember my homeboy (God bless the dead) from NY brought an early copy of Confessions of Fire down from up top. This was like 6 months before it released in stores. Un had ties down here in SC so he got it from his fam. Knew then that Cam would blow.

Isn't there a freestyle out there with Cam, Canibus, Killah Priest, and Nore? I remember that ish being FIRE!

Dipset will always be remembered first as Cam, Juelz, Freekey Zekey, and then Jim.

Buggin' :lol:

word, in 2005 Cam was demoted, not by Jim, but da fans...POME was thaaat good.

I don't agree with this at all. Album was great but he was never the leader or the captain. He had a HUGE single and had that jumper to go without that caught fire but it wasn't like people thought he was better or the new leader.

Rest of his singles didn't do **** on that album.

Then he had to go get Ron Browz for a single in the next album when Browz was poppin.

I wanted that Ron Browz album bad. He was delivering bangers. Smh

Last edited:
also cam always sidestepped the game

this interview is what I said all celebs should do

all celebs should have their own youtube channels and all that to speak to the streets

Dipset will always be remembered first as Cam, Juelz, Freekey Zekey, and then Jim.

I don't agree with this at all. Album was great but he was never the leader or the captain. He had a HUGE single and had that jumper to go without that caught fire but it wasn't like people thought he was better or the new leader.

Then he had to go get Ron Browz for a single in the next album when Browz was poppin.

Browz was "poppin" before "Pop Champagne"?

I'm asking sincerely. That was a a long time after "Ether".

I would never say he was bigger than Cam, but Juelz was toast by 06, so after that, Jim was frontline and that's when "We Fly High" popped.

And I'm not trying to hear a damn thing about Freekey :lol:

Last edited:
summer in miami was trash.. we all knew it, but i'll be damned if NY didnt try and sell it

Pepsi, he needs a sponsorship :lol: I did see JuJu bring him one. I was watching and thinking, he needs to drink water.

Cam glossed over some incidents. Like the Rucker, 50 aka it's going to be a hot summer, Mase...

The JM at the Rucker thing started over Jim looking at a guy? And that caused a separate incident with Cam? That didn't make sense.

and then Cam did some dry snitching. Giving personal conversations people had with you?

So pretty much Cam's only discovery was Juelz?

but it's funny seeing all these crews together you thought were tight. And then none of them can keep things silent. I don't understand why they have to play this out publicly. It only makes them as a unit look bad.

De La and MOP are the last ones standing

And people wonder why we don't have more groups like Migos and rap crews?

I always thought it was cool Jay never gave his side of anything. He just left people to speculate and others to comment.

Browz was "poppin" before "Pop Champagne"?

I'm asking sincerely. That was a a long time after "Ether".

I would never say he was bigger than Cam, but Juelz was toast by 05, so after that, Jim was frontline and that's when "We Fly High" popped.

And I'm not trying to hear a damn thing about Freekey :lol:

Arab Money and Pop Champagne was around the same time. The auto tune and his beats were real similar. Browz had a nice sound too. I'm tight that album didn't come out. But people weren't checking Pop Champagne for Jim, it was the hook and beat. Then Jim did nothing after that single. One HUGE single and one good single, that's it.

Summer With Miami was a dope *** song. You're buggin.

I didn't like Cam having Mendeeces call in. Thought that was weak and he definitely skipped over some stuff. Some of it could have been unintentional because he was getting sidetracked by the phone, the camera freezing and the people there asking questions.

From what I'm seeing "Pop Champagne" came out first. Those dudes helped each other. Brown didn't do much after that either.

But I would say that in Dips, you could put Jim at #2 after Cam.

For sure after Juelz cooled off but even when Juelz was hot, Jim was dropping "Certified Gangstas", "Crunk Muzik" etc. so he was still making major noise even if they weren't "hit" records.

Back
Top Bottom