Job at Best buy

So yeah my cousin is about to hook me up with a job at best buy, and she told me to apply online, and i applied for games and music department, and i waswondering if we got any niketalkers who have worked or work there right now, and how much you get paid, commission, etc etc. and what do i expect if I get thejob.

any help would be dope.
happy.gif

"Whaet brings you to best-buy today?

Just to let you know we're all non-commission, so if you have any questions regarding our TVs or installation, let me know mmkay"

i wouldnt recommend you to work at that dept i applied for that dept when i first got hired, but spots were already filled and after finding out what they gothrough i was happy i didnt end up there, you think its cake but dont do it, too much work for what theyre going to pay you, i took the spot at car fi and itended up pretty sweet, best buy doesn't do commission

I'm in Media. I usually stay in CD's if my co-workers are in the Games because I rather not be around customers all day. However, they recently screwedus over by giving us MP3's now. So media is CD's, DVD's, MP3's, Games, Stereos, and Music Instruments
smh.gif
. It's still cool though, I hardlydo anything
laugh.gif
. Make $11.05 which isn't that bad because other people that were there when I started make less.

Do D.I...i think thats what its called...well i use to work wireless...but that story didnt end well.

Best Buy Mobile FTW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. I remember they had me help out in media so that I could get a few extra hoursduring the holiday season. Too much work !!
mad.gif
mad.gif
But other than that its cool, like they mentioned we dont get comission so"x" that off your list.

I used to work at Best Buy in Wireless (cell phones, iPods etc.) pay is like $8.50, no commission where you'll be working I dont think. That department isstraight but at my store they always left the latest at closing. Best buy overall is tight if you gotta good Supervisor

best buy mobile is the only part of best buy where you can make commission..find out how much everyone else is making there or ask your cousin how much he ismaking and aim for something in that area bc they won't offer you as much as everyone else bc they assume you don't know better and will settle formuch less...I work in the Computers section and when its not too busy its alotta fun..We just stand around and crack jokes n whatnot..Like someone else said,Digital Imaging is a fun section bc it doesnt take much time to learn the products, its not too big of a section, is rarely busy, and for the most part itsmostly women that shop in that section so you'll be able to flirt with some hot chicks..not to mention that you'll probably get out early whenyou're scheduled to close bc theres not much work to do in that section at the end of the night

Originally Posted by daprescription

I'm in Media. I usually stay in CD's if my co-workers are in the Games because I rather not be around customers all day. However, they recently screwed us over by giving us MP3's now. So media is CD's, DVD's, MP3's, Games, Stereos, and Music Instruments
smh.gif
. It's still cool though, I hardly do anything
laugh.gif
. Make $11.05 which isn't that bad because other people that were there when I started make less.

MEDIA here, im the gaming Senior at my box. it does suck that they threw MP3s on our department, but its cool cuz with added labor we got more cool peopleon the team
smokin.gif

a LOT of people complain about media being too much work, but its really not. most of who complain are spoiled babies who never had prior workexperience before getting hired, and since they dont have to work their own drops, GEOs, SHUTTLES or trucks, they think its hard. its a TASKING department, butpeople fail to realize that. work in a weld shop, hell, work at DISNEYLAND and tell me bestbuy media department is tough
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

our shrink barometer is through the roof rightnow unfortunately, but i dont give a $%** , since starting sunday ill be starting training to become my storesSWAT counter
smokin.gif
Monday-Friday 6a-230p FOR THE WIN
eek.gif

hired in the beginning of november as a seasonal, made my 3 months then became a regular. 2 weeks later i got the gaming FT, a month later got senior and nowsunday i start SWAT. do your job WELL and itll pay off, my co workers, and wallet will vouch for it

EDIT: for the record, i started at $9.50 as a seasonal in november, but this is in cali.

Best Buy computers here! You don't wanna work in Media, there is always work to do. And the department starts shifts at 6 AM. I like working computers.It's a big department, but it's rewarding and takes the best salesmanship to be able to attach everything you want them to. They pay will probably bearound 8-9 dollars if you don't have prior experience. It's a good job though. Mad easy n laid back, n it's a successful company, so you will havejob security in this bad economy.

laugh.gif
i dont get how people dislike and complain about medias 6am shifts. its THE BEST available shifts in the store. you get used to waking up at that time ina matter of a week or two. after that , that "con" goes out the window. with that out of the way, you work your first 4 hours without customers,handling your %%@% while listening to your ipod, you take your lunch at store opening (or at 11 like i do, !##% compliance
laugh.gif
) and then when youre back fromlunch, youre out of there 3 hours later. youre out at 230, which is early as hell so you still have a TON of time to do or take care of errands or anythingelse you might need to do.

all other shifts are garbage. all other departments with exception to anything inthe warehouse and magnolia are easier than hell. PCHO doesnt take skill atall, i push computers all day whenever its slow in gaming and get my sales on the tracker
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HidayetTurkoglu

^damn..this guy loves him job

best buy is eh'
for the pay, hours, benefits, discounts flexibility, weekends off, and still being able to go to school, its the *@$@ dude. dont know where i can findanything similar thatll accomodate me like that

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I'm in Media. I usually stay in CD's if my co-workers are in the Games because I rather not be around customers all day. However, they recently screwed us over by giving us MP3's now. So media is CD's, DVD's, MP3's, Games, Stereos, and Music Instruments
smh.gif
laugh.gif

MEDIA here, im the gaming Senior at my box. it does suck that they threw MP3s on our department, but its cool cuz with added labor we got more cool people on the team

lol they cut the media's hours after the reset in our store...i work in inventory..best one to work..dont gota deal with selling or customers...i useto work merch but they got ride of that dept at our store so i got moved to inventory..merch was tite to tho..

wait I applied for Shipping and Receiving and Non Commission sales, haha so Non Commission sales and working in Media are diff things?

Originally Posted by e22s

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

smh.gif
laugh.gif

MEDIA here, im the gaming Senior at my box. it does suck that they threw MP3s on our department, but its cool cuz with added labor we got more cool people on the team

lol they cut the media's hours after the reset in our store...i work in inventory..best one to work..dont gota deal with selling or customers...i use to work merch but they got ride of that dept at our store so i got moved to inventory..merch was tite to tho..
eek.gif
that blows
laugh.gif
its cool though, im too stressed with the other people on the team, #+*% garbage.... thank god im moving to SWAT

Remind me again what SWAT is?

I worked Wireless for 2.5 yrs and the last 1/3 of it as a Wireless Expert. Pay was real nice. I'm applying on sunday to work pt in BB Mobile. Hopefully Ican get it just to work 10-20 hrs over the summer. I had to quit because I went away to college. It's not that hard to work at BB. Just be polite andunderstand that most people are tech idiots and want everything NOW! Keep your cool and be nice to management, do a good job and then bounce with a FATpaycheck. (for retail anyways)

SWAT is the stores inventory counter who pretty much counts each department completely and find discrepancies, negatives in RSS, research POs and drops fromUPS to try and find where it mightve happened.

I.E: monday they count PCHO, tuesday APPLIANCES, wednesday Home Theatre, thursday DI and friday BBy mobile. at our store, MEDIA and CAR FI do their own counts.

Thanks. That's exactly what I thought it was.

Yes you gotta "piss test" to be hired.

Anybody ever left and came back? If so how easy/hard was it to get rehired. How long do you have to wait before you can reapply? My sister didn't pass thefirst time. I thought it was 3 months, but the manager was acting like she could try again right away. Anybody know?

I just got offered a job at my local best buy... i got it to fill time while im at school... all i gotta hear back about is my drug test (should be fine unlessbeing around people smoking weed can make me test positive
smh.gif
)

but the whole process has taken mad long and ive got a potential job offer coming at me in my actual career soon... so i dont know whats gonna go on

he told me the starting pay was gonna by $8.00/hour... not thrilled at all with that but its just a part time job while im at school.

nope no commission is made when working at bestbuy, working media and games i would say is not the best especially when the store gets slam with customersespecially the ones that liek to ask a lot of questions, or even the ones who ask to find a movie and they don't even know the title, working should be fundepending on the managers, working in the warehouse right now, pretty chill spot only working hard during holiday season

I see Best Buy hires a nice amount of "NikeTalkers". Did any of you post in the "shoe head" topic on the Watercooler ?

Back
Top Bottom