Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

i got a job from turns out it was selling kirby vacuums over priced pieces of crap i went to some staffing agencies. i asked for whatever jobs i can get. randstad was cool they offered me a job that day because a guy that was supposed to come in didnt show. it was a graveyard shift so i turned it down im not about to make 9/ hour and work over night. i went to the kirby training for 2 days and got a call from randstad about another job at a factory assmbly line. i started on sat. so easy just checking if plastic sealing is on borning as hell but if i work out for 3 weeks get a salary with benefits 

I have a phone interview on wed, I'd have to move 4 hours away if I get the job which ruins my plan for saving money but oh well

What are some good part-time jobs to suppliment a full-time? I'm talking 7-11 kinda hours. Or weekend. Help me out.

24 hour fitness has pretty good schedules, don't do much at night, managers usually dont stay there at night so u can mess around.

What are some good part-time jobs to suppliment a full-time? I'm talking 7-11 kinda hours. Or weekend. Help me out.

Server/waiter... especially if you're willing to work nights or weekends. It'll be more work than other jobs (like the 24 fitness suggestion), but you'll walk out with cash in hand every night and a Friday/Saturday dinner plus another weekend lunch would give you some nice extra money.

Don't lose hope because that wont get you anywhere.

Change something. Change your strategy, your résumé, your connections. Exhaust all options and then exhaust them again.

It's hard, i know but I have been struggling to get what I wanted for 3 years. I was underemployed for all that time, struggling to pay bills and rent but I finally got what I wanted and I start next week.

Am I the only one who gets irked when they give you forms to fill out when you show up to interview and they ask for past salaries? I mean, why not just offer the industry standard as a salary instead of trying to find what's the cheapest they can get me at? It's like me putting a pair of shoes for sale and having someone ask me what's the lowest ill be willing to go. Instead of asking that, why not just give me the best you feel I'm worth or offer a bit lower so that I can renegotiate a bit higher and we can meet halfway

Had a funny conversation with a recruiter today. Remember the SEO position I applied and eventually got the job with? Turns out they still haven't filled out the position. The recruiter asked me which company did I interview with and it turns out they're her client. She wasn't aware of the average hourly rate for the role but she agreed that their offer was way less than the market rate. Not a believer in karma but I found that particularly amusing. You're a million dollar company trying to lowball people. What do you expect to happen especially when they are aware of what they should be making.

Don't lose hope because that wont get you anywhere.

Change something. Change your strategy, your résumé, your connections. Exhaust all options and then exhaust them again.

It's hard, i know but I have been struggling to get what I wanted for 3 years. I was underemployed for all that time, struggling to pay bills and rent but I finally got what I wanted and I start next week.
what's your story fam

Been studying and preparing for this interview. Learning about the company and what they do along with the competitors and it's exhausting. I really hope I find something soon because I don't want to keep doing this for every interview I have :lol:

When it comes to applying to jobs that are posted to LinkedIn by a recruiter and they have that message that says reach out to said person for more information/to follow up what would you consider to be the best course of action? I just applied for said job like 20 minutes ago, should i jump in her inbox now or give it a while?

there's no harm in sending a friendly message.

I recently changed my resume and cover letter and it's pretty well put together. I have a decent web page up that needs a little tweaking but I'm trying to find a professional to put it all together.

Not much has changed yet but I did get one response that's tbd.

My advice to everyone:

be different. Before you impress the interviewer you have to impress hr. and hr gets 1 million "team oriented hard working blah blah people"

granted my field is a little different but I threw in a joke in the subject of my e-mail which is what I'm pretty sure got it opened and a response, rather than "Title of job"

is there a "best" time for an interview? i have an interview next week at 11. Basically 30 min each with 3 separate people and i was told a fourth might pop in on one of the interviews. The layout is pretty much so that i end at 12:30, which is right before lunch. 

^Don't think it matters that much. I always take my lunch at 2 or 2:30 so if someone schedules an interview at 1:30 thinking i finished lunch by then, then they're dead wrong. If you're actually an applicant that they like, then going to lunch a few minutes later wont make a difference to them

When it comes to applying to jobs that are posted to LinkedIn by a recruiter and they have that message that says reach out to said person for more information/to follow up what would you consider to be the best course of action? I just applied for said job like 20 minutes ago, should i jump in her inbox now or give it a while?

Wait a day or two

Interview Tuesday. It's a seasonal position and I'm well aware of that. However it is with a high profile organization and will only boost my resume.

Had 2 interviews today in 1 day. I hope I get one of them. I've had 2 interviews in 1 day once before and struck out on both.

I might be getting a interview next week.

I got a job right now but I'mma still gonna go to see what they got to offer.

Goodluck to all yall... I know that feeling of unemployment.

Remember... problems aren't permanent.

this job i got from the staffing agency did not work out. i cant stand in one place for 8 hours. its boring, pays crap. i might as well get a retail job 
frown.gif
  i had to quit after my 4th shift last night. it hurt my back too much.  now the depression is real its getting to me

Anyone have experience volunteering at jobs you're interested in?

Back
Top Bottom