Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Has anyone gone door to door in their job hunts? There's a few engineering firms located near me and I feel like dropping off my resume and inquiring about jobs. Thoughts? I feel like I might come across the wrong way and seem bothersome...
I've never saw the harm. In doing so. If I was someone who received a resume in that manner I would think that person is determined.

so there's a job listing on craigslist and the owner of the place has a shady past do you guys think i should apply, its a thrift store the job is putting stuff on ebay and the owner ran a fraud type of thing back in the day

so there's a job listing on craigslist and the owner of the place has a shady past do you guys think i should apply, its a thrift store the job is putting stuff on ebay and the owner ran a fraud type of thing back in the day

People are capable of growth and change for the better...

With that said, don't waste your time. If this guy has a fraudulent past, what's to say he's not still up to the same bs...

Last edited:
Not unemployed related, but at it is job related.

I'm a retail manager and I had 3 people quit on me in 2 days. Really stressing me the F out. My 40 hour week went to 45.5 to 60. My DM is trying to talk me through this but man..... :x :smh:

That's brutal :smh:

I had an interview last week. I prepped better than usual but the interview turned out to be pretty informal and the panel was kinda chill. I get my answer tomorrow so fingers crossed.

One thing about interviews... What's the purpose of those "if you could be any animal...." type questions?? That's some ********.

That's brutal
mean.gif

I had an interview last week. I prepped better than usual but the interview turned out to be pretty informal and the panel was kinda chill. I get my answer tomorrow so fingers crossed.

One thing about interviews... What's the purpose of those "if you could be any animal...." type questions?? That's some ********.
You should've winked at the chicks and said I am an animal b, A lion and if you hire me I'll be the king of this jungle

Had an interview last week and they asked me what my spirit animal was.
roll.gif
I got asked a similar question:

A massive catastrophe strikes NYC in the next 5 minutes. Everyone dies. You're resurrected, but only as an animal. What animal would you be?

laugh.gif

solid advice.

this is why i rarely vouch for anyone any more. thankfully the last friend i vouched for and recommended for an opening at my job ended up being a great worker, so it was win win for us both. he is gainfully employed and my boss really appreciated me recommending him.
Recently vouched for a friend of a friend and the tool showed up late for the interview :smh:

I got asked a similar question:

A massive catastrophe strikes NYC in the next 5 minutes. Everyone dies. You're resurrected, but only as an animal. What animal would you be?

:lol:

You should have flipped the table over and claimed PTSD.

Seriously though what's the purpose of those questions??

For those that have long unemployment gaps, what do you say when a interviewer asks you what have you been doing?

Last edited:
Not unemployed related, but at it is job related.

I'm a retail manager and I had 3 people quit on me in 2 days. Really stressing me the F out. My 40 hour week went to 45.5 to 60. My DM is trying to talk me through this but man.....
sick.gif
mean.gif
That sounds rough man. What store do you work at?

For those that have long unemployment gaps, what do you say when a interviewer asks you what have you been doing?

You could say you travelled if it's a likely story.

If you have a family/friends with their own business they could cover for you. It depends what field you're trying to get into really.

I stay on the books with a casual security gig so if **** hits the fan i can get some work and it also serves as a gap filler on the resume. For the type of work i'm getting into it's fine but if i was trying to get a corporate job it would probably work against me.

Last edited:
So after playing phone tag and finally getting ahold of someone this company is having me skip the phone interview today and throwing me right into the Panel interview this Thursday. I'm mad nervous bros, the last time I did a panel interview I didn't do terrible but it wasn't the greatest either. I prefer 1-on-1's but this is life, right?

I always feel like whatever I ask during the "Do you have any questions for me" portion feels like a reach. Like I'm asking them things they dont even care to answer and in return I get a canned answer and an annoyed look. 

I always feel like whatever I ask during the "Do you have any questions for me" portion feels like a reach. Like I'm asking them things they dont even care to answer and in return I get a canned answer and an annoyed look. 

agreed...the few interviews I've been on I haven't felt confident in my questions. I actually hit them with the, "Where do you see this company in 5 years?" one time, the owner actually said "tha'ts a great question"...:lol:

NT fam, want to get your thoughts:

- I'm currently about 6 months in to my job and my old boss reached out to me about a potential position at his firm.

- He doesn't know I'm currently employed.

- I was unemployed through most of last year.

How would you play this? How strange would it be to have a rather inconsistent work history (6 months here, 3 months there, etc.)?

I prefer panel to be honest.

NT fam, want to get your thoughts:

- I'm currently about 6 months in to my job and my old boss reached out to me about a potential position at his firm.
- He doesn't know I'm currently employed.
- I was unemployed through most of last year.

How would you play this? How strange would it be to have a rather inconsistent work history (6 months here, 3 months there, etc.)?

If it's a better look go for it.

I feel like my panel interview yesterday went extremely well (surprisingly) and hopefully I get the position.

I feel like my panel interview yesterday went extremely well (surprisingly) and hopefully I get the position.
Did you do thank you letters? Yesterday I met with 14 people for an interview, and I'm wondering if I should email all 14 or send one email to the person who coordinated it and tell her to pass on my thanks.

Did you do thank you letters? Yesterday I met with 14 people for an interview, and I'm wondering if I should email all 14 or send one email to the person who coordinated it and tell her to pass on my thanks.
sup fam, what's the update with your situation

sup fam, what's the update with your situation
Not much has changed, still working the job I had before, had an interview yesterday though hoping they come through, this new job would probably be the best fit for me.

Anyone ever work for Aflac?

Narrowing down my opportunities between Aflac, Royal United Mortgage, and New York Life. If everyone's ever worked for any of these companies, I'd appreciate any advice.

if a company don't mention or ask about salary preference or current salary during the phone interview, and asks you to come in for an in-person, does that mean they are extremely flexible? Normally companies normally asks me about that but there are 2 places that told me to come in without asking.

Back
Top Bottom