Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Need some advice fellas.

As you know, I landed my first gig.

BUT another company hit me back with an offer(Keep in mind I followed up with them multiple times including the last time in which I told them I was considering other offers on the table)

I'm currently at a smaller engineering company but it is through temp(permanent placement in 6 months)

The other company is offering me more $$$ (about 15K more). Plus I'd be involved in more design.

No brainer right? Take the other offer? I feel bad in a way because I really did want to work for the company I'm currently at and the people are great. It's a real small and close knit group and they've welcomed be with open arms, but I I feel like I'd be learning so much more from the get go at the other company and plus it's more pay. Another reason I'm contemplating is because my sister once made the mistake of taking more pay but ended up hating her job. Help be bros

Thanks again.

it's your career so you should be thinking strictly about business. it doesn't mean you can't hang out with current co-workers if you leave. i have known people who stayed too long at companies, just because they were tight with their co-workers and ended up regretting not leaving sooner.

Need some advice fellas.

BUT another company hit me back with an offer(Keep in mind I followed up with them multiple times including the last time in which I told them I was considering other offers on the table)

I'm currently at a smaller engineering company but it is through temp(permanent placement in 6 months)

The other company is offering me more $$$ (about 15K more). Plus I'd be involved in more design.

No brainer right? Take the other offer? I feel bad in a way because I really did want to work for the company I'm currently at and the people are great. It's a real small and close knit group and they've welcomed be with open arms, but I I feel like I'd be learning so much more from the get go at the other company and plus it's more pay. Another reason I'm contemplating is because my sister once made the mistake of taking more pay but ended up hating her job. Help be bros

Thanks again.
Always prioritize yourself first. Do it.

Need some advice fellas.

Thanks again.
First question first:

Is this new offer for a full-time job?

Also -- $15k is a sizable increase + you need to look out for yourself first. Don't burn bridges.

Last edited:
First question first:

Is this new offer for a full-time job?

Also -- $15k is a sizable increase + you need to look out for yourself first. Don't burn bridges.

Yes it is a full time position.

This is my first real job in my field as well.

@KingdomFlatbush
@friscostylez
@ai3mac1
@Antidope
@Slighted

Thank you for all your responses fellas. I appreciate the honesty
No problem bro. I was in a similar spot to you. I was promoted to a brand new role at my company in May, I put my two weeks in this past Monday. Rational people will understand why you made the decision you made if you do take it and most would do the same.

Like Slighted said, best thing is to not burn bridges, thank them for the opportunity, and let them know how much you appreciate them taking a chance on you and giving someone their first real job in the field.

The job I'm leaving was my first real job in my field and I'll be forever grateful for it, that being said I wouldn't stay there to benefit them if it hindered me. 

Also congrats, that is an awesome thing to have your choice of companies and to land two jobs in such a short window.

Last edited:

Here's how to play this:

1.) Accept the offer and make sure all your background check, paperwork, etc. is completed.

2.) When you get word of your start date with the new company, put in your notice at your current gig.

3.) Be grateful and thankful to your co-workers for the opportunity. They'll understand why especially if you mention this other role is a full-time gig.

4.) Leave on good terms (in case they ever try to poach you down the line).

5.) Flourish.

Note: Always look out for yourself. These companies will not hesitate to throw you to the sharks.

Last edited:

No problem bro. I was in a similar spot to you. I was promoted to a brand new role at my company in May, I put my two weeks in this past Monday. Rational people will understand why you made the decision you made if you do take it and most would do the same.

Like Slighted said, best thing is to not burn bridges, thank them for the opportunity, and let them know how much you appreciate them taking a chance on you and giving someone their first real job in the field.

The job I'm leaving was my first real job in my field and I'll be forever grateful for it, that being said I wouldn't stay there to benefit them if it hindered me. 
What exactly do you do? Curious.

Here's how to play this:

1.) Accept the offer and make sure all your background check, paperwork, etc. is completed.

2.) When you get word of your start date with the new company, put in your notice at your current gig.

3.) Be grateful and thankful to your co-workers for the opportunity. They'll understand why especially if you mention this other role is a full-time gig.

5.) Flourish.

Note: Always look out for yourself. These companies will not hesitate to throw you to the sharks.
Exactly how I played my new job offer down to the letter, this is solid advice. 

#3 is so true, I've seen temp people come and go in the span of a month at my job and no one batted an eye, they were all supportive. No one would hold it against you from jumping from temp to perm regardless of what that companies temp retention rate is like. Sure things> Maybes

What exactly do you do? Curious.
I'm in Finance, specifically wealth management. Helping the rich get even richer
@Slighted

That's exactly my train of thought at the moment.

They have already given me a start date if I accept, which would be in two weeks.
Thats awesome man. 

Here's how to play this:

5.) Flourish.

Say it again. There's no loyalty in this workforce forreal forreal. You're only as valuable to them as they think you are. $15k isn't small change either AND you have the opportunity to gain more valuable experience through them.

Emailed the interviewer from a coupe of weeks ago thanking him. He emailed back maybe it didn't go as bad as I thought it did.

Another question current job part time gig...I signed on to be a repairer technician but 95% of the time they have me putting up stock. Got fed up with it one day because nobody was helping and the manager sent me home. Fast forward I've been in the warehouse putting up stock once again but the driver is here and he doesn't have any deliveries yet he's in the warehouse doing my job...what are my options?

Weakness questions are a trick question. This is where u seperate yourself from the pack.

Example: interviewer- Whats your b8ggest weakness?

You - my biggest weakness is my attention to detail. It usually hinders my lunchtime as I have to get the job done to a certain degree before i will allow myself a break...

Interviewer - your hired

Curious if anyone's done the interview process for Niketown....had phone interview and I'm now heading to 2nd round looking to get a sense of the process.

Weakness questions are a trick question. This is where u seperate yourself from the pack.

You - my biggest weakness is my attention to detail. It usually hinders my lunchtime as I have to get the job done to a certain degree before i will allow myself a break...

Interviewer - your hired
My go to is:

I always want to complete a task no matter what, so I focus so much on the task I may forget other smaller tasks that can be completed first.

I got a call from HR saying that my conference call on tuesday went well and that they're (hiring manager and director) ironing out some more details so I should hold tight.

Interviewer - your hired
Word, rule of thumb for me is to always try and spin that into a positive about my work ethic. Its funny that employers still ask it knowing full well a canned answer is coming from the person theyre interviewing.
I got a call from HR saying that my conference call on tuesday went well and that they're (hiring manager and director) ironing out some more details so I should hold tight.
Congrats man hope it works out and you flourish.

Back
Top Bottom